National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET UG 2020 Notification released in December, Registrations are started from December 2 and Apply for NEET UG 2020. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct this entrance exam.
The NEET UG is applicable for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The NEET medical and dental entrance exam will be held once a year and in pen-paper mode. From now onwards, NTA would conduct NEET, along with JEE (Main for admission to engineering colleges, twice a year.
The responsibility of the NTA will limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15 per cent All India Quota Seats and for supplying the result to state/other Counselling Authorities.
The online registration process of National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET UG 2020) will be concluded on January 6, 2020. All the interested, eligible candidates can apply for NEET UG 2020 registrations on the official website – ntaneet.nic.in . As per the notification, the last date to apply for NTA NEET UG 2020 is January 6, 2020.
NTA commenced the application process for NEET UG 2020 on December 2, 2019. The NEET (UG) examination will be held on May 3, 2020, from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm. The admit card for the same will be released on March 27, 2020. NTA will declare the NEET (UG) results on June 4, 2020. Candidates are advised to note the following points while filling up the application form.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET UG 2020:
a. Candidates who are in the age bracket 17 years to 25 years, can apply.
b. Students must have completed a full-time course in physics, chemistry, and biology (or biotechnology) at the intermediate level.
c.Knowledge of English Language is also a must
NEET UG 2020 Application fee
Fee Payable by Candidate
For General Rs. 1500/-
For General-EWS/ OBC-NCL Rs. 1400/-
For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender Rs. 800/-
NEET 2020 Registrations: NTA released the registration notification on December 2, 2019, on its official website.
Instructions to Candidates
- Candidates can submit application forms for NEET UG 2020 online only. No offline application will be entertained.
- Information Bulletin can be obtained from the official website – nta.ac.in or ntaneet.nic.in
- Candidates should retain the following documents with them as reference for future correspondence
- Printouts of the confirmation page of online application.
- Proof of fee paid (i.e. Bank transaction details supported by confirmation page).
- At least 4-6 copies of identical passport size and 4-6 postcard size photographs that were scanned and uploaded on the online application.
- Copy of the system generated self-declaration in respect of candidates from U.T of J&K who have opted for seats under 15% All India Quota.
- Candidates must ensure that mobile numbers, e-mail ID filled in the online application form are their own or their parents only. The NTA will communicate by SMS and/or email on the given mobile number and email ID respectively.
- The NTA will not be responsible for non-receipt of latest information due to incorrect mobile number, email ID and correspondence address filled in the online application form.
List of documents needed to apply for NEET UG 2020:
So, to apply online, candidates can check the list of documents required to apply for the NEET 2020 examination.
- Candidates will require upload scanned images of the candidate’s latest passport size photograph of size 10 kb to 200 kb.
- Postcard size photograph (4”X6”) (Size: 50 kb – 300 kb)
- Candidate’s signature
- Left-hand thumb impression (file size: 10 kb-50 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Class X Passing Certificate (file size: 100 kb to 400 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
NEET 2020 admit card will be released on March 27, 2020, and the examination will be conducted on May 3, 2020. The examination which is a pen and paper-based test will be conducted from 2 pm to 5 pm on the mentioned date. The result would be releasing on June 4, 2020. For more related information, candidates can visit the official site of NTA NEET.
How to Apply for NEET UG 2020:
Candidates are reminded that only online application forms for NEET 2020 would be accepted. To apply, students are required to log in to the official website of NEET 2020 which is ntaneet.nic.in and click on Apply Online link – which is now active. Follow the instructions and upload the image along with your signature to complete the form. All students are also reminded that the allocation of examination city would be strictly on first come first serve basis. Hence, it is always advisable to apply at the earliest. The online portal for NEET 2020 would be available until November 30, 2020.
Candidates can apply through ONLY ONLINE mode. Online submission of application may be made by accessing the Board’s website www.NTAneet.nic.in Instructions for submitting online application and payment of fee are available on website. Candidates may remit the fee in the following manner:
a.Through any Debit/Credit Card
c.e-wallets of different service provider
Steps to Apply for NEET UG 2020
- Log on to the official website of NTA
- On the homepage, click on the link which says, ‘NEET (UG) 2020’
- You will be directed to a new web page
- Click on ‘Fill Application Form’ in the green tab
- Then click on ‘Proceed to apply online for NEET (UG) 2020’
- Fill the form and submit
As per reports, the registration process for NEET 2020 is scheduled to begin from November 1 on the official website, the link for which is https://www.nta.ac.in/medicalexam
NEET UG Info
NEET UG 2020 Exam pattern:
a. NEET is a three-hour long exam which includes three sections – physics, chemistry and biology
b. Of the total 180 questions, 90 would be from biology and 45 each from physics and chemistry
c. Preparation syllabus includes the whole of Class 11 and 12 standard NCERT textbooks in the respective subjects
d. Every correct answer would fetch you plus four marks and every incorrect answer results in a negative mark
e. Questions that are not attempted do not have any penalty marks.
Aadhaar not needed for NEET:
The Supreme Court on September 26 declared the Centre’s flagship Aadhaar scheme as constitutionally valid but said Aadhaar need not be made compulsory for school admissions, CBSE, NEET and UGC exams.
- Registration process: December 2
- Last date to apply: January 6, 2020
- Last date of successful transaction of fee: 02 December 2019 to 01 January 2020
- Correction in Particulars of Application Form on website only 15 January 2020 to 31 January 2020
- Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website 27.03.2020
- Date of Examination 03.05.2020
- Duration of Examination 180 minutes (03 hours)
- Timing of Examination 02:00 pm to 05:00 pm
- Centre of NEET(UG)-2020 Examination As indicated on Admit Card
- Display of Recorded Responses and Answer Keys To be announced later on website
- Website(s) www.nta.ac.in, ntaneet.nic.in
- Declaration of Result on NTA website by 04 June, 2020