How to Apply for SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level Exam)-2020 – SSC CGL-2020: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) issued a notification inviting applications for the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Tier 1 examination,-2020, on its official website. According to the notification, the Tier-I of CGL examination in computer-based mode is scheduled to be held in March 2020. The Tier 1 exam is held to select candidates for Tier-II exam, the dates for which will be notified later. The application must be submitted through online mode only. Candidates can submit the online application (including payment of fees through online method) only.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Government of India on Tuesday released the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) examination notification for-2020-20 on its official website. According the official SSC CGL notification, the Staff Selection Commission will hold the Combined Graduate Level-2020 Tier-I Examination (CBE) for filling up of various Group “B” and Group “C” posts in different Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations from March 3, 2020 to March 11, 2020.
Interested and eligible candidates can fill up the online SSC CGL-2020 application starting from October 22,-2020 to up to 05:00 pm on November 25,-2020.
SSC CGL 2020: Important Dates
1. Date for submission of online applications: October 22,-2020 to November 25,-2020
2. Last date for receipt of application: November 25,-2020 (17:00)
3. Last date for making online fee payment: November 27,-2020 (17:00)
4. Last date for generation of offline Challan: November 27,-2020 (17:00)
5. Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): November 29,-2020
6. Dates of Tier-I Examination (CBE: March 2, 2020 to March 11, 2020
7. Dates of Tier-II (CBE) and Tier-III (Des.) Examinations: June 22, 2020 to June 25, 2020
The SSC conducts CGL every year to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in its Subordinate Offices. The Commission makes final allotment of posts on the basis of merit-cum-preferences of Posts given by the candidates and once a post is allotted, no change of posts will be made by the Commission due to non-fulfillment of any post specific requirements of physical/ medical/ educational standards, etc.
SSC CGL-2020: Age limit (As on January 1, 2020)
1. For the posts for which age limit is 18-27 years – Candidate must have been born not earlier than January 2, 1993 and not later than January 1, 2002.
2 .For the posts for which age limit is 20-27 years – Candidate must have been born not earlier than January 2, 1993 and not later than January 1, 2000.
3. For the posts for which age limit is 20-30 years – Candidate must have been born not earlier than January 2, 1990 and not later than January 1, 2000.
4. For the posts for which age limit is up to 30 years – Candidate must have been born not earlier than January 2, 1990 and not later than January 1, 2002.
5. For the post for which age limit is up to 32 years – Candidate must have been born not earlier than January 2, 1988 and not later than January 1, 2002.
SSC CGL-2020: Age relaxation
Age-relaxation permissible beyond upper age limit
1. SC/ ST 5 years
2. OBC 3 years
3. PwD (Unreserved) 10 years
4. PwD (OBC) 13 years
5. PwD (SC/ ST) 15 years
6. Ex-Servicemen (ESM) 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.
7. Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989 5 years
8. Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof 3 years
9. Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ST) 8 years Permissible relaxation in upper age limit for Group ‘C’ posts only
10. Central Govt. Civilian Employees who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of application. Up to 40 years of age
11. Central Govt. Civilian Employees (SC/ST) who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of application. Up to 45 years of age
12. Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried. Up to 35 years of age
13. Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST). Up to 40 years of age
SSC CGL-2020: Essential Educational Qualifications (as on January 1, 2020)
a. For Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute.
b. For Junior Statistical Officer: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level;
or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
c. For Statistical Investigator Grade-II: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institute. The candidates must have studied Statistics as a subject in all the three years of the graduation course.
d. For All other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent
The candidates appearing in the final year of their graduation can also apply, however they must possess Essential qualification on or before 01-01-2020.
SSC CGL-2020: Application Fee
Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only).
Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disability (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
SSC CGL-2020: Scheme of the Examination
The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below
Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification.
Tier-I and Tier-II will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension in Tier-I and Paper-II in Tier-II.
SSC CGL-2020: Answer Keys
Tentative Answer Keys will be placed on the Commission’s website after the Examination. Candidates may go through the Answer Keys and submit representations, if any, on payment of Rs 100/- per question within the time limit given by the Commission through on-line modality only.
SSC CGL-2020: How to apply
- The applications must be submitted through online mode only. Before applying, candidates are advised to go through the instructions given in the notice of examination very carefully.
- The candidate must write his/ her name and date of birth strictly as recorded in the matriculation/ secondary certificate. If any variation in the name and date of birth is observed, his/ her candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
- When application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted ‘Provisionally’. Candidate should take printout of the application form for their own records. Normally, printout of the online Application Form is not required to be submitted to the Commission.
- After completion of registration process, ‘Basic Details’ can be changed only twice. Therefore be extremely cautious while making one time registration.
SSC will hold the Combined Graduate Level Examination,-2020, for filling up Group “B” and Group “C” posts in various ministries/departments/organisations in the Government of India. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and age, education, application procedure and other details in the official notification shared below:
- How to Apply:
- Log on to the official website www.ssconline.nic.in. / http://ssc.nic.in/
- Fill up the online registration form
- Carefully check all details entered before submitting the form
- Once you submit the registration form, a registration ID and password will be provided. Make a note of the registration ID and password and keep them safely. These would be required to apply for this examination as well as any other recruitment examination of the Commission.
- After submission of the registration form, upload your latest colour photograph and signature in jpg format. Check the notification for size details.
- Now fill up the online application form.
- After filling online application, pay the fee. Check the notification for details on how to pay the fee online.
- After the fee is paid, your application will be complete and accepted provisionally. Take a printout of this application for your own record.SSC CGL-2020 Official NotificationApply for SSC CGL-2020
SSC CGL Notification-2020: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) examination or SSC CGLE-2020 notification on May 5. The online registration for the tier 1 examination of SSC CGL-2020 will be held till June 4. According to the schedule, the SSC CGL Tier 1 examination will be held from July 25 to August 20,-2020. The dates for Tier 2 examination will be notified later same as the Tier 3 and Tier 4. According to CGL-2020 notification, final selection through the Combined Graduate Level Examination,-2020 to various posts would be according to the confirmed number of vacancies from the concerned Indenting Ministries/ Departments/ Offices/ Cadres before declaration of result.
SSC CGL Notification-2020 details:
1. SSC CGL-2020 Tier 1 and Tier 2 examinations will be Computer Based Examination.
2. Tier 3 examination will be held as descriptive paper.
3. Tier 4 will be skill test and the whole Tier 4 process includes Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification.
4. Posts notified in SSC CGL-2020 include Assistant Audit Officer, Assistant Accounts Officer, Assistant Section Officer, Inspector of Income Tax among others.
The Commission makes final allotment of posts on the basis of merit-cum-preferences of Posts given by the candidates and once a post is allotted, no change of posts will be made by the Commission due to non fulfillment of any post specific requirements of physical/ medical/ educational standards.
Reservation for Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Ex-Serviceman (ExS) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates for all categories of posts/ services, wherever applicable and admissible, would be as determined and communicated by the Indenting Ministries/ Departments/ Offices/ Cadres, as per extant Government Orders. Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate only will be accepted by the Commission for determining the age and no subsequent request for change will be considered or granted.
READ : SSC CGL-2020 Notification
Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee (which is Rs. 100). While applying for SSC CGL-2020, a candidate may give option for three centres, in the order of priority, within the same region. No request for change of centre will be considered later under any circumstances. Hence, the candidates should select the centres, carefully and indicate the same correctly in their applications.