SSC CGL 2023 Notification or SSC CGL Exam 2023 notification will be released by the Staff Selection Commission on its official website, ssc.nic.in.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination every year for various posts in ministries, departments, and organizations of the Government of India.
Candidates who are eligible and interested in can check details, go through the notification and submit the SSC CGL Exam online application at the recruitment web portal of Staff Selection Commission.
SSC CGL Notification 2023
As per the SSC exam calendar, Staff Selection Commission will be releasing SSC CGL notification 2023 on April 1. The notification will be available to all on the official site of SSC at ssc.nic.in.
SSC CGL 2023 is the next big opportunity for those who want to work in the government sector. Candidates will have to visit the official site of SSC to download the application form to begin the application process.
|Name of the Job notification||SSC CGL 2023|
|Title||Download SSC CGL Notification 2023|
|Subject||Staff Selection Commission has released SSC CGL Notification 2023|
|Last date to apply||May 3, 2023|
|Exam Dates||July 14 to July 27, 2023|
Selection to SSC CGL posts is done through two computer-based tests, a descriptive paper exam and a computer proficiency test or data entry skill test and finally, the merit list is released after the documents are verified.
After the computer-based tests are held, the SSC releases the tentative answer keys of the exam. Candidates are allowed to challenge the answer keys after which a final answer key and the result are declared.
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL
The candidates who wish to apply for SSC CGL examination must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institution. Also, the candidates who are in the final year of graduation can also appear in the examination.
The candidate should be of Indian Nationality. The candidates will have to fill the application and pay the fee online. The minimum age limit is 20 years and the maximum age is 27.
- Educational Qualification: Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute.
- Junior Statistical Officer: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level: or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
- All other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer: Bachelor’s Degree. Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
- Junior Statistical Officer: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at the 12th standard level. Or Bachelors Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
- All other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
SSC CGL Exam Application Fee
The application fees is ₹100/-. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
Steps to apply for SSC CGL Recruitment
- Candidates must visit the official website of Staff Selection Commission, ssc.nic.in.
- On the Homepage, click on the notification that reads, ‘Combined Graduate Level Examination recruitment notification.’
- Register yourself by giving all details and then start filling the application form.
- Upload the documents as asked and pay the application fee.
- After submitting, remember to take a print of the SSC CGL Recruitment form for future references.
Candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs. 100 to apply for this recruitment. Those applying under SC/ST/PwD/ESM/Women candidates, are exempted from the payment of application fee.
Selection Process for SSC CGL
The examination is conducted in four tiers. Tier 1 and Tier 2 examination is conducted in online mode and the question paper is comprised of objective type questions (MCQs). Tier 3 examination is in descriptive format and the students have the choice for selecting English/ Hindi as a medium to attempt.
Tier 4, again, is a computer-based proficiency test. The students who are able to qualify in the Tier-1 examination will get a chance to appear in the Tier-2 and 3 examinations. The tier-4 examination is a skill-based test to be given only for some specific jobs like stenographer positions which require typing skills.
Candidates will be called to appear for the Tier I Computer Based Examination. Based on the marks scored in Tier-I Computer Based Examination, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Tier-II Examination. Based on the aggregate performance in Tier-I and Tier-II Examinations, candidates will be shortlisted to appear in Tier-III (Descriptive Paper).
The candidates who score minimum qualifying marks, as fixed by the Commission, in Tier-III Examination will be eligible to appear in Skill Tests and Document Verification. Candidates can check for more related details from the official site of SSC.
SSC CGL Posts:
A total of 36 types of posts have been released across various departments in this SSC CGL notification. The number of vacancies would vary and will be known later. These posts include – Assistant Audit Officer, Inspector or Income Tax, Sub Inspector, Inspector (GST & Central Excise), Auditor, JSO and so on. Check the important dates, eligibility criteria and how to apply online.
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant Accounts Officer
- Assistant Section Officer
- Assistant/ Superintendent
- Inspector of Income Tax
- Inspector (Central Excise)
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)
- Inspector (Examiner)
- Assistant Enforcement Officer
- Sub Inspector
- Inspector Posts
- Divisional Accountant
- Junior Statistical Officer
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerks
- Tax Assistant
- Upper Division Clerks
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
The Tier-I of CGL Examination in Computer Based Mode. Tier II of SSC CGL is a descriptive paper in pen-paper mode. The final selection for the vacancies announced through the SSC CGL exam will be done based on the marks scored in SSC CGL Tier 2. For more details, candidates are advised to check out the official site of the Staff Selection Commission.
Scheme of The Examination:
- Tier I: Computer Based Examination
- Tier II: Computer Based Examination
- Tier III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Tier IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where can I download SSC CGL notification?
The Staff Selection Commission will release SSC CGL recruitment notification for Combined Graduate Level Examination on its official website. This notification has been released on the website, the link for which is ssc.nic.in.
What is SSC CGL recruitment?
The SSC CGL Recruitment is being held to fill Group 'B' and Group 'C' posts in different Ministries/ Departments/ Organisations of the Government of India and various Constitutional Bodies/ Statutory Bodies/ Tribunals, etc.
What is the eligibility criteria for SSC CGL?
Candidates should have age limit 18 to 27 years for Group C posts and 30 years/20 to 30 years/18 to 30 years for Group B posts. Meanwhile, candidates from the reserved categories will get age relaxation as per the government norms and they should have Bachelor's degree from a recognised university or institute. Check the detailed eligibility criteria on the official website.
Where can students apply?
Applicants who are interested in applying for the SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination can do so by visiting the official website, i.e., ssc.nic.in on or before the last days to avoid any rush. Applicants must keep in mind that one must fill out the application process within the given deadline.
How much is application fee?
Apart from this, the application fee is Rs 100. Applicants who belong to a Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD), and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee, along with Women applicants.
What is the SSC CGL Exam Pattern?
The SSC CGL Exam 2023 will be conducted in four tiers, and each tier will have a different pattern.
The SSC CGL Exam 2023 Notification is a golden opportunity for job aspirants who want to work in various government departments. The notification contains all the necessary details related to the exam, including the exam dates, eligibility criteria, syllabus, and application process.
Candidates must read the notification carefully and start their preparations as soon as possible to crack the exam with flying colors. We hope this article has provided you with all the information you need to know about the SSC CGL Exam 2023 Notification. All the best for your preparations!