Hysterectomy Special Leave for Women Employees in AP and Telangana States.
1. Hysterectomy is an operation to remove the uterus.
2. Sometimes, other organs that surround the uterus are also removed to properly treat their condition.
3. These organs include the cervix, the fallopian tubes, and the ovaries.
4. After the Hysterectomy Operations, women need to have rest as recommended by the medical experts.
Employees Requests to Tenth Pay Revision Commission-2015:
- Women Employees Requested for Sanction of 60 days leave for Hysterectomy Operations to 10th Pay revision Commission.
- It is represented that after the Hysterectomy Operations, women need to have rest as recommended by the medical experts.
3.The total rest after the Hysterectomy Operations for 60 days will improve the condition of women and will be fit to resume the duties as were before.
- Hence, request is for sanction of 60 days paid leave to the working women who have undergone Hysterectomy Operation.
- The Commission notices that based on the agreement reached between the JAC of employees,
Teachers and workers and A.P. Secretariat Employees Co‐ordination Committee, the Government have issued orders vide G.O.Ms.No.52, Finance (FR.I) Department, Dated.01.04.2011 for sanction of Special Leave as recommended by Civil Surgeon upto a maximum of 45 days for Women Employees who undergo Hysterectomy Operation, without debiting the same to the regular leave account of the individual and on payment of full pay and allowances.
- In view of the above, the Commission considers that the existing Special Leave is adequate and needs no further revision.
Hence the existing Special Leave for Hysterectomy operation as follows:GO.52 Special Leave to Women Government employees who undergo Hysterectomy operation for a period of 45 days.
GO. Ms. No.52 FINANCE (FR.I) DEPARTMENT Dt. 01-4-2011
Subject: Special Leave to Women Government employees who undergo Hysterectomy operation for a period of 45 days as recommended by Civil Surgeon – Sanction – Orders .
- Representation of A.P. Secretariat Women Employees welfare Association, dt. 8-3-2010.
- Agreement between Joint Action Committee of Employees, teachers and workers and A.P. Secretariat Employees Co-Ordination Committee and Government on certain demands,
In the reference 1st read above, The A.P. Secretariat Women Employees’ Association in their representation has stated that there is no specific provision for sanction of Special medical Leave to the women employees who undergo hysterectomy operation in the existing A.P. Leave Rules, 1933 and Fundamental rules.
2. This operation is done only to women employees and there is no such specific provision for sanction to women employees.
3. But there is provision for the govt. employees who undergo treatment for deceases like TB./Cancer/Mental Illness/Heart deceases /Kidney failure cases under G.O. Ms.No. 268, Finance (FR.I) Dept. dated 29-10-1991 as extended from time to time by availing leave on Half Pay on Medical grounds subject to receipt of pay and allowances in full.
4. The above Association has requested to permit the Women Govt. Employees to avail of the said concession of receiving full pay and allowances in respect of hysterectomy operation also.
5.In the reference 2nd read above, Government have reached an agreement with the Joint Action committee of employees, Teachers and workers, A.P. and A.P. Secretariat Employees co-ordination Committee wherein the above demand of the A.P. Secretariat Women Employees Welfare Association, Hyderabad was accepted.
6. The government in pursuance of the above agreement, hereby order for sanction of Special Leave as recommended by Civil Surgeon up to a maximum of 45 days for Women Employees who undergo Hysterectomy operation, without debiting the same to the regular leave account of the individual and on payment of full pay and allowances.
7. All the departments of the Secretariat and all Heads of Department shall take action accordingly.
Note: The Full Pay and Allowances have been Paid during this period of leave.