IISER PhD Admission 2022, Apply for Various Research Areas: IISER Tirupati invites applications for admission to the Ph.D. programme, January. IISER Tirupati admits students in the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Earth and Climate Sciences and associated interdisciplinary areas of research. In addition to research, the programme involves coursework and teaching assistantship.
Please note that the precise eligibility criteria for January 2020 admissions may vary from department to department and are given below. Information about individual faculty profiles and areas of research can be obtained from the IISER Tirupati website.
Age Relaxation: Candidate should not be more than 28 yrs at the time of joining. Age relaxation of 3 yrs will be given for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and 5 years for SC/ST/PD/Female candidates. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected. Relaxation may also be given whenever suitable candidates are not available, in exceptional circumstances.
The broad areas of research, important dates and eligibility criteria in each department are as follows:
Areas of research, important dates and eligibility criteria:
Biology: Plant Molecular and Stress Biology, Developmental and Stem Cell biology, Genetics and Genome Stability, Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, DNA nano-biology and Single Molecule Spectroscopy.
Eligibility Criteria for Biology:
- Eligibility Criteria: Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; with all subjects) or CGPA 6.0 on a 10-point scale in Master’s degree in any branch of Science Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biological Sciences/Ecological Sciences/Agricultural Sciences/ Psychology M.Tech/ M.VSc or MBBS degree or any equivalent degree.
- Candidates with BE/B.Tech degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale can also apply.
- Additional Eligibility Criteria:
- JGEEBILS 2018 exam
- DBT-JRF-A / ICMR-JRF / DBT-BINC / ARS-NET (ICAR)/ UGC-CSIR JRF/ DST-INSPIRE
- For CSIR-LS rank-holders, up to rank 200 are eligible
- For DAE-JEST/GATE rank-holders, up to rank 300 (GATE Life Sciences) are eligible.
Chemistry: Theoretical & Computational Chemistry, Physical & Materials Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry.
Other interdisciplinary areas.
Eligibility Criteria for Chemistry: i. Eligibility Criteria: Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; with all subjects) or CGPA 6.0 on a 10-point scale in master’s degree in any branch of Science: Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biology or ME/M.Tech or any equivalent degree.
Candidates with BE/B.Tech degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale can also apply.
ii. Additional Eligibility Criteria: GATE qualified
Earth & Climate Science: Igneous Petrology, Mineralogy, Rare Metal and Rare Earth (RMRE) mineralization, Microphysics of clouds and precipitation, Remote sensing techniques for characterizing precipitations.
- Apply for Biology PhD Programme
- Apply for Chemistry PhD Programme
- Apply for Earth & Climate Science PhD Programme
Eligibility Criteria for ECS: i. Eligibility Criteria: Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; with all subjects) or CGPA 6.0 out of 10-point scale in master degree in: Geology/Geophysics/Physics/Meteorology /Atmospheric science/ or any equivalent degree. ii. Additional Eligibility Criteria: NET in Earth, Ocean, Atmospheric and Climate Science, Physics /GATE in Geology and Geophysics (GG)
How to Apply:
Application Procedure: Only online applications will be accepted. Applicants can submit their forms for the Biology, Chemistry, ECS discipline in the given above links
General Information to the Applicants:
- The candidate MUST have:
- a. Qualified at least ONE of the above mentioned additional eligibility criteria (OR)
- b. A valid CSIR/UGC-JRF or CSIR/UGC NET-LS or INSPIRE-Ph.D. fellowship (OR)
- c. IISER BS-MS (All IISERs) Dual degree students having CGPA >= 8.0.
- The fellowships/scores/ranks must be valid at least till Jan 2020. Please note that the admission criteria can change during the next round of admission.
- SC/ST, PD and KM (Kashmiri migrant) candidates percentage may be relaxed with 5% or 0.5 in case of CGPA.
- Candidates in the final year of their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the qualifying degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission. A provisional degree certificate is mandatory at the time of admission (Scheduled to be 1st Jan 2020).
Selection Procedure: 1. The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and final selection is based on interview performance. 2. TA/DA will be provided to the SC/ST/PD students appearing for the interview as per institute norms.
Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) to shortlist candidates for interviews.
Fellowship: Upon selection and subsequently joining the Ph.D program, candidates who do not possess any CSIR, DBT and INSPIRE, will be eligible for institute fellowship at par with CSIR, DBT etc., but without HRA component.
Please Note: All communication with candidates will be by email only. Kindly check the website for periodic updates. : www.iisertirupati.ac.in. In case of any application-related specific queries, please contact the respective departments with your application number mentioned in the subject at the following email addresses: email@example.com,