Every year, IndianOil supports the building generation for their excellence in academics and sports with a special emphasis on spreading the light of education among meritorious and deserving students from economically and socially deprived sections of society and also to promising young players with a view to encouraging talent. For this, they have the IndianOil Scholarship Scheme which includes the Academic and Sports Scholarships.
IndianOil Academic Scholarships is for students of 10+ /ITI, Engineering, MBBS and MBA Courses. Students are selected on a ‘merit -cum- means’ basis, giving special encouragement to girls and persons with disabilities.
IndianOil Educational Scholarship Scheme:
IndianOil offers 2600 Scholarships for Students of 10+/ITI, Engineering, MBBS & MBA Courses on the merit-cum-means basis as under :
for which Scholarship will be awarded
and minimum duration
| No. of Scholar|
|Qualifying Examination|| Scholarship amount per|
|1||10+/ITI||2 years||2000||10th||Rs. 1000|
|2||Engineering||4 Years||300||12th||Rs. 3000|
|3||MBBS||4 Years||200||12th||Rs. 3000|
|4||MBA||2 Years||100||Graduation||Rs. 3000|
Scholar Ships Offered:
1. “IndianOil Merit Scholarships Scheme” for 10+/ITI studies 2000 Scholarships are offered for 10+/ITI students. The equitable distribution of scholarships will be State-wise, based on “Number of students who appeared for 10th Standard examination during 2012-13”.
2. “IndianOil Scholarships Scheme” for Graduate and Post-Graduate studies 600 scholarships are offered to students pursuing professional courses (Engineering–300 Nos., MBBS-200 Nos. & MBA-100 Nos.). The scholarships will be equitably distributed Zone-wise viz. North, South, East & West, based on “Number of students who appeared for 12th Standard examination during 2012-13”.
Eligibility: Students pursuing full time/regular courses (not correspondence/distance/online mode) in these streams & studying in Schools / Colleges / Institutions / Universities recognized by MCI / AICTE / State Education Boards / State Govt. / ICSE / ISC / CBSE / Central Govt. / Association of Indian universities, shall be eligible to apply for the different streams as under :
(For 10+) – Bonafide students (full time / regular) in 11th standard / Ist Year of Intermediate course or equivalent course in 2013-14 are eligible to apply.
(For ITI) – Bonafide students (full time / regular) in 1st year of 2 years ITI course in 2013-14 are eligible to apply.
Engineering & MBBS : Bonafide students (full time/regular) in the first year of Engineering/MBBS degree courses in 2013-14 (minimum 4 years course duration) are eligible to apply.
MBA : Bonafide students (full time/regular) in the first year of 2 years post graduate course in Business Administration/Management in 2013-14 are eligible to apply.
The marks obtained in the qualifying examination making the students eligible to seek admission in the respective first year of these courses will be considered for selection. Minimum eligibility percentage of marks required from the students of various categories in qualifying examination is given in the table.
Percentage of marks obtained in qualifying examination shall be calculated on total aggregate marks of all subjects. In case of Graduates, percentage of marks obtained shall be calculated on total aggregate of marks of all subjects for all the academic years of graduation.
Normalization of marks for all courses shall be done by using percentile method so as to rationalize the variation of marks provided by different Boards and Universities/Institutions.
Income: Gross Joint income of the family of the student from all sources during financial year 2012-13 should not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh only) per annum. However, in case of tie, preference will be given to the students whose family income (gross joint income from all sources in 2012-13) is upto Rs. 60,000/- (Rs. Sixty thousand only). Income certificate should be got issued by appropriate civil authorities of the State/UTs/Central Government only, details of which have been specified in General Instructions. Any other Affidavit submitted in support of Income Proof shall not be accepted.
Age limit: Minimum 15 years and maximum 30 years as on 01.07.2013. Persons born between 01.07.1983 and 01.07.1998 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply.
However, relaxation in the upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) is permissible.
Reservation: 49.5% scholarships are reserved i.e. SC(15%), ST(7.5%) & OBC (27%). Only those listed in the Central Govt’s OBC list will be considered against OBC quota. OBC candidates of State list but not covered by Central Govt’s OBC list may apply as general candidates. 25% of scholarships for girl students and 10% of scholarships for persons with Disabilities (PwDs) (minimum 40% disability as per definition under Disabilities Act 1952) are reserved in each category/sub-category. The above reservations shall be maintained on overall All India Basis.
Application: Students meeting above eligibility criteria can apply online by logging on tohttp://www./ http://ioclscholar.sifyitest.com or at http://www.iocl.com/Aboutus/Scholarships.aspx. This site will be kept open to receive online applications from 05.07.2013 to 30.09.2013. Once the online application is submitted by an applicant, the system will generate a unique Registration Number. The applicants should take a print out of the same for future reference/correspondence till the Scholarships are awarded.
Submission of documents: All the applicants are required to submit the documents along with a print out of online application form duly signed by the applicants for scrutiny/verification. The detail of such forms/documents to be submitted is given in the above website.
If the detail provided in the online application is found to be incorrect & does not match with the submitted documents, the application of such applicants shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence shall be made / entertained on the subject.
Above documents in a sealed cover should reach at the following address on or before 15.10.2013 : Sify Technologies Limited (IOCL ESS I-TEST DIVISION) Plot No B 7, Sector-132, Noida-201301 (Uttar Pradesh) (Landmark: Next to Naukri.com office)
Documents received after 15.10.2013 shall not be accepted. The applicants are advised to send their documents preferably by Speed post or Registered Post.
General Information :
1. Criterion for selection will be merit and family’s income.
2. A scholarship holder under this scheme should not be receiving any other scholarship/stipend/financial aid from any other source during the period of this scholarship.
3. There will be no obligation on part of IOCL to provide employment to any Scholar at any point of time.
4. IOCL reserves the right to reject any application as well as discontinue/suspend the scholarship without giving any notice/assigning any reason.
5. Wards of the IOCL employees, its Joint Venture and Subsidiary companies and Consultant managing the Scheme are not eligible to apply.
6. Applicants will have to provide valid & active e-mail address, mobile number & Bank account no. in their online application form & keep checking their personal eMail/Mobile, SMS, website of Administrator of the Scheme http://ioclscholar.sifyitest.com as well as the web site of IOCL http://www.iocl.com/Aboutus/Scholarships.aspx regularly for instructions specific for them from Administrator of the Scheme/IOCL.
7. IOCL will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss/damage of documents in transit or whatsoever reason.
8. Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Delhi.
9. Any query/information or correspondence be made with the Administrator of the Scheme at the following address :
Sify Technologies Limited (IOCL ESS I-TEST DIVISION) Plot No B 7, Sector-132, Noida-201301 (Uttar Pradesh) (Landmark : Next to Naukri.com office) Phone: 9810421827 / 9810422305 e-Mail : email@example.com
IMPORTANT DATES OF THE SCHEME
|ACTIVITY||From Date||To Date|
|Edit / Modification||05-07-2013||30-09-2013|
|Submission of Documents||05-07-2013||15-10-2013|
|Award of Scholarship||March -2014|
|Applicants to view their Results on Websites||March -2014|
|Intimation to Selected Candidates||March – 2014|
|Release of 1st Instalment of|
|March – 2014|