TSSA Instructions to Run IERCs:
- All IERCs should be within or in proximity to main school.
- IERCs which do not have own buildings should be placed in a school which can spare minimum 2 rooms for running IERC, preferably located at mandal HQ or in the village where more number of CwSN could easily be accessed.
- Only mild and moderately disabled children should be admitted in IERC and severe /profound children to be dealt under Home Based Education.
- Children identified for IERCs as a mandated should be enrolled in the nearby school and then to admit in the IERC for a short period as planned in Individualized Education Plan (IEP). They should have a plan to mainstream the CwSN of IERC into are regular school.
- Supply of Uniforms and Mid-meal is mandatory to all children attending IERC.
- Physiotherapy camps to be conducted on a fixed day of the week so that all the needy children in the mandal could attend. No Transport allowance will be given to children who attend Physiotherapy camps, however, in case of parents who themselves are disabled and could not bring their child to camp may be given Escort allowance, these cases will be decided jointly by the Head Master and the Physiotherapist. The parents who claim for escort allowance should submit their Sadaram certificate.
- All children who attend IERCs will be given transport allowance for which their enrolment in the school should be linked to Aadhar number and money will be transferred to the parent’s bank account which also should be linked to Aadhar number.
- All IERCs should create a child friendly environment and should welcome children to attend regularly. TSSA Instructions to Run IERCs
- The CwSN who are enrolled for 2014-15 and attained minimum levels of learning should be mainstreamed into regular schools after giving school readiness. No child should be continued in the IERCs for long duration as this is only bridging place for them.