Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) has been implementing Japan-Asia Youth Exchange Program in Science” (SAKURA Science Plan ) in which Asian youth is invited to Japan to experience science and technology in Japan.
In the SAKURA Science Plan, JST promotes SAKURA Science High School Program (SSHP) in which Asian high school students is invited by JST for about one week. JST would like to ask you to select high school students and their supervisors in your country who will be invited to Japan in the framework of SSHP in this year.
Number of high school students to be invited:
20 students and 2 supervisors May 16(SAT)-23(SAT), 2015
(Each 10 high school students is attended by one supervisor.)
- Purpose of “Japan-Asia Youth Exchange Program in Science”,(SAKURA Science Plan SSHP)
Asia is undergoing a period of dramatic progress. Promoting science and technology is a key engine to realize a bright future of Asia and it is vitally important to enhance the exchange of Japanese and Asian youths who will play a crucial role in the field of science and technology.
Based on this concept, “Japan-Asia Youth Exchange Program in Science” (SAKURA Exchange Program in Science) is the program for enhancing exchanges between the youths of Asia and Japan who will play a crucial role in the future in the field of science and technology through the close collaboration of industry-academia-government by facilitating short-term visits of competent Asian youths to Japan. This program aims at raising the interest of Asian youths toward the leading Japanese science and technologies at• Japanese universities, research institutions and private companies.
- Outline of SSHP plan in 2015
- In SSHP plan. high school students and supervisors in your country will visit Japan sometime from May to August.
- Outline of plan is as follow;
(i) High school students and supervisors will visit Japan for 7 nights and days( including arrival day and departure day).
(bii) High school students and supervisors will arrive at Kansai International Airport , stay for two nights in Kansai area ,leave Kansai area for Kanto area ( Tokyo). stay for 5 nights in Kanto area (Tokyo) and depart Narita International Airport for your country.
(iii) In Kansai area and Kato area high school students and supervisors will have chances to visit excellent universities, research institutions , to get lectures or hands-on experiments from Japanese Nobel laureates and to experience Japanese cultures.
- Finalized plan will be sent to you from JST.
- Conditions of high school students and supervisors to be invited
- High school students
(i) Who is over 16 of age (including 16 )
(ii) Who is excellent in school work
(iii) Who has never stayed in Japan
(iv) Who has a good health condition( including who has no chronic disease and who has no strong food allergy)
(v) Who has a passport or to be able to get passport soon
(i) Who works for an affiliated school, education-related government agency, or public organization
(ii) Who is able to take good care of high school students while staying in Japan
(iii) Who has a good English communications skills
(iv) Who has a good health condition
- Expenses to be covered by JST
- International round-trip flight tickets(economy class)
- Accommodation (including meals and transportations )
- Travel insurance
- Procedure and timing
- JST would like you to give us information on your contact person (name, telephone number, e-mail address as soon as possible.
- JST will send your contact person detailed plan and registration form for high school students and supervisors soon.
- JST would like you to give following information to our contact person ( see below item 6)
(i) Selection procedure of high school students and supervisors
(ii) List of selection of high school students and supervisors (name, age, gender etc. ) (If high school students and supervisors are invited in separate multiple groups , this list is to be made for each group. )
(iii) Registration form filled by high school students or supervisors
- Contact person on JST
Senior Staff of Japan-Asia Youth Exchange Promotion in Science and Promotion Office
Japan Science and Technology Office (JST)
- Purpose of SAKURA Science Plan
- Asia is experiencing a period of dramatic progress. Promoting science and technology is a key locomotive to bring about a bright future for Asia and it is vitally important to enhance the exchange of Japanese and Asian youth who will play a crucial role in the field of science and technology.
- “Japan-Asia Youth Exchange Program in Science” (SAKURA Exchange Program in Science) is a program for enhancing exchanges between Asia and Japan of the youth who will play a crucial role in the future field of science and technology through the close collaboration of industry-academia-government by facilitating short-term visits of competent Asian youth to Japan.
- This program aims at raising the interest of Asian youth and thus contributing towards the promotion of science and technology within Asian countries.
- Outline of SAKURA Science Plan
A. Eligible Asian Youth for the program
1. High school students, undergraduates, graduates, postdoctoral researchers or teachers, etc., who are basically under the age of 40
2. Those who have basically never stayed in Japan
B. 15 Eligible countries and regions (in FY2015)
People’s Republic of China, Republic of Korea, Republic of India, Mongolia, Taiwan, Brunei Darussalam, Kingdom of Cambodia, Republic of Indonesia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of the Philippines, Republic of Singapore, Kingdom of Thailand, and Socialist Republic of Viet Nam
- Invitation for Indian Youth in 2015
SAKURA Exchange Program
A. Number of Invitees: 300 Indian youth Application Schedule in 2015(10 day+ More 3 Weeks)
B. 1st Call for Proposal: January 16th, 2015
C. 2nd Call : Around May
D. 3rd Call : Around September
- SAKURA Science High School Program (Grades 10-12)
A. Number of Invitees : 100 Indian students Implementation Schedule in 2015
B. May 9-16: 50 students + 5 supervisors(joined by students from Thailand and the Philippines)
C. May 16-23: 50 students + 5 supervisors (joined by students from Malaysia)
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details