Kerala NMMS 2023 or Kerala NMMS Exam 2023 notification has been released by Department of General Education; Government of Kerala on behalf of Kerala Education Department on its official website, nmmse.kerala.gov.in.
8th class students who are interested in can check details and submit the Kerala NMMS Online application at DGEK web portal as per the schedule.
Kerala NMMS Exam is a state level National Means Merit Scholarship examination for class 8th students who are studying in Kerala state.
State Examination Board of Kerala is organizing the stage 1 state level NMMS exam. DGEK will conduct the NMMS Kerala every year across the State.
Students of Kerala state govt, govt aided, local body schools with required marks, and parental income of upto Rs 3.5 lakh can appear in NMMS exam which is consisting of MAT and SAT exams.
Selected students in Kerala will get scholarships of Rs 12000 per year on the basis of Kerala NMMS scholarship exam.
|Name of the Exam||Kerala NMMS Exam 2023|
|Title||Apply for the Kerala NMMS 2023|
|Subject||SEB released Kerala NMMS Online Application 2023|
|Kerala NMMS Exam Date||December 7, 2023|
|Gujarat Education Department Website||http://nmmse.kerala.gov.in/|
|NMMS Registration Web Portal||Kerala NMMS Registration Link|
The NMMS Scheme is a central government programme which is aimed at providing financial support to the students of Class 8 in grant-in-aid schools or government schools coming from financially weak backgrounds so that they can complete their education till Class 12.
The selected students are paid Rs 12,000 per annum. The exams will be conducted in December or January.
Department of General Education; Government of Kerala announced that registrations for the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship exams began in October.
The last day to submit applications will be November 8. The fees for application for OBC and general category students is Rs 75 while SC, ST students will have to pay Rs 50 as exam fees.
How to Apply for Kerala NMMS Exam?
Department of General Education; Government of Kerala has enabled the Kerala NMMS Exam Online application link on its official website, nmmse.kerala.gov.in.
Students who are eligible and who want to apply for NMMS Scholarship examination can check details and submit the complete the Kerala NMMS Registration process on its web portal. Interested 8th standard students can follow the below given steps to submit the online application.
- Students or Parents need to visit the official website of State Examination Board of Kerala, nmmse.kerala.gov.in in any web browser of your smart device.
- When you reach the official website of DGEK, click on the ‘NMMS (National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme)’ link on the home page which is displayed under latest notification section.
- Once you reach the NMMS web page, enter your U Dise number and clock on submit button to apply.
- Students are advised that U-Dise Number should be obtained from the principal of the school in which the student is currently studying.
- After clicking on the submit button, a pre-filled form will be shown, kindly confirm your personal details and School details.
- After Submit kindly note your Application number which will be used for further process. After submitting form, upload photograph, signature and select your date of birth.
- Confirm your details and then click on confirm button to confirm your application, after confirming you will not be able to edit the application.
- After filling the all details, click on the submit application button. Then, your application would be submitted successfully.
- After submission of online application form, pay the Kerala NMMS examination fee through proper online payment method.
- After uploading the details of all students, click on the ‘Report’ at the top of the application form. Then click on the ‘PDF’ link for the display of Nominal Roll.
- Take a printout of Nominal Roll and submit the in the O/o the District Educational Officer concerned. Two sets of Nominal Rolls attested by the Head of the Institution concerned.
- Application of each candidate attested by Head of the Institution concerned (Attested copy of Caste and Medical Certificate in case of SC/ST/PH should be enclosed) with Original Challan.
Kerala NMMS FAQs
Who are eligible to apply for Kerala NMMS Exam?
The Students of Kerala state who got minimum 55% of marks in case of OC/BC candidates and 50% in case of SC/ST in 7th class standard and studying class 8 from govt, govt aided, local body schools with parental income by not exceeding Rs. 3,50,000/- p.a. are eligible to apply for the Scholarship examination.
Who are not eligible to apply for Kerala NMMS Exam?
Students of Kerala state studying in private schools, government gurukuls, Jawahar Navodaya, Kendriya Vidyalayas and boarding welfare schools are ineligible to apply for Kerala NMMS Exam.
How much income limit for Kerala NMMS Scholarship?
The annual income of the parents of the students applying for the NMMS Scholarship should not exceed Rs.3.5 lakhs.
What is the reservation Criteria for Kerala NMMS Selection?
One lakh people across the country are selected. Of these, 15 per cent are reserved for SCs, 6 per cent for STs, 29 per cent for BCs and 3 per cent for Divyangs.
What is the selection process for Kerala NMMS Scholarship?
The NMMS examination will be conducted for the selection of students by the Kerala state. Students are selected on the basis of merit and reservation from the list of eligible students for Scholarships. The list of selected students is then sent to the central government. In order to continue this scholarship for four years, the prescribed marks must be achieved in the upper classes as well.
What is Kerala NMMSS?
Kerala NMMSS is National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (N.M.M.S.S) and it is a centrally sponsored scheme. Under this scheme an examination will be conducted every year for the students studying class 8 in Government/ Local Body/Municipal/Aided Schools/ Modal schools which have no residential facility (i.e., from non-Residential Schools only) and selected candidates are eligible for getting the scholarship.
What is the exam pattern of Kerala NMMS?
Kerala NMMS examination has two exams. First one is Mental Ability Test (M.A.T) and it has 90 marks of multiple choice questions. The second one is Scholastic Ability Test.(S.A.T) and it has 90 marks and covering sciences, mathematics and social sciences of class 7 & class 8. Each question carries one mark. Time is one minute for one question.
What is the qualifying marks in Kerala NMMS exam?
The minimum qualifying marks of Kerala NMMS examination for each paper will be 40% and in case of SC/ST students this cut off will be 32%.
What should the selected beneficiaries do?
The selected beneficiaries of Kerala should register and upload their Aadhar linked bank account particulars in National Scholarship Portal in stipulated time by opening the bank accounts in any nationalized bank which have online clearing system only to get scholarship Rs 12000 per year.
How much is the registration fee?
The Kerala NMMS registration fees for OBC and general category students is Rs 75 while SC, ST students will have to pay Rs 50 as exam fees.
When is Kerala NMMS Exam?
Stage 1 NMMS examination means State Level Kerala NMMS Exam will be conducted on December 2023 or January 2023 in al District headquarters across the State.