How to Apply for KVPY Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2020 Fellowship programme. KVPY Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2020 Online Applications has been started for the scholarship programme. The application process for the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2020 scholarship programme has begun.
Interested candidates can apply at the official website of KVPY- kvpy.iisc.ernet.in, the Online application process will be closed on August 20. The examination for KVPY will be organised by the Indian Institute Of Science (IISc), Bangalore. KVPY National Fellowships for Students Interested in Research Careers.
The selection of students is done on the basis of their performance in the aptitude test and interview round. The selection process is screened by the committee of IISc. For candidates who qualify the exam, the fellowship will be activated only if they pursue an undergraduate course in basic science subjects and secure a minimum of 60% marks in the class 12 board exams. Class 11 candidates who qualify the exam will be invited for the National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp during the interim period of one year before the completion of their class 12 exams.
The KVPY is a national level scholarship programme up to Pre-Ph.D level. The candidates will be selected through an aptitude test and an interview. The exam for the scholarship will be conducted on November 3, as per the official schedule and the admit card for the same will be available from the third week of October 2020.
Selection of the students is made from those studying in Class 11 to first-year of any undergraduate Program in Basic Sciences having an aptitude for scientific research.
Scholarship: A scholarship is a grant of money to help defray the cost of schooling.
Fellowship: A fellowship is a grant, usually given to support an academic while performing research in a specified field, but sometimes to artists, and sometimes with stipulated duties
IISc Bangalore is all set to conduct Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2020 test on November 3, 2020. The issuance of KVPY 2020 admit card will begin in the second week of October, on the official website. KVPY fellowship is a very popular fellowship program among class 11 and 12 students, due to which the competition in the exam is always stiff.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Aptitude Test 2020 Exam Date:
The aptitude test for selection to the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) will be conducted in both the languages of Hindi and English on November 3 at various centres across the nation. Students currently enrolled in class 11 and class 12 in science subjects and have secured at least 75% in the Class 10 exam in science and mathematics subjects are eligible to appear in the exam. The students who are in the first year of undergraduate course can also apply for the same.
Eligibility criteria for KVPY 2020:
Students enrolled for class 11 or class 12 with science subjects and gained 75 per cent marks (65 per cent for SC/ ST/ PWD) of aggregate in science and mathematics in class 10 board exams are eligible. The scholarship for the stream will be activated only when students will take admission in UG courses in Basic Science and have to score minimum 60 per cent (50 per cent for SC/ST/PWD) of aggregate in science subjects in class 12 as well as in the first year of the undergraduate course.
Application Fee for KVPY 2020:
The application fees for the general candidates is Rs 1000 and for reserved category candidates the same Rs 500.
How to Apply for KVPY 2020
Step 1: Candidates can apply from the official website – kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
Step 2: Fill personal and academic details, choose the exam centre and upload the scanned images and the required documents
Step 3: Candidates have to pay the application fees and can take a print copy of the application form and payment details for further reference.
a. Aptitude Test: After scrutiny of application forms and meeting the eligibility criteria for various streams, all eligible students will be called for aptitude test conducted both in Hindi and English at different centers across the country on Sunday, the 3rd November 2020.
b. Interview: Based on the performance in the aptitude test, short-listed students will be asked to appear for an interview which is the final stage of the selection procedure.
How to Download KVPY Aptitude Test Admit Cards 2020:
Admit Card: Students may download the admit card for the aptitude test from the website from the second week of October 2020 by logging in to their application portal at KVPY website. Details regarding Examination venue and seat number will be available in the admit card.
- Candidates may visit the official website – kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
- In this KVPY Web Portal, Click on the link of KVPY Aptitude Test Admit Cards 2020
- Then KVPY Aptitude Test Admit Cards 2020 downloading web page will be opened
- In this web page, enter your application id and date of birth
- Click on the Download button. Your KVPY Aptitude Test Admit Card 2020 will be downloaded
Direct Link to Download KVPY Aptitude Test Admit Cards 2020
KVPY Applications End on 20-08- 2020
KVPY Aptitude Test will be held on 03-09- 2020
KVPY Aptitude Test Admit Cards 2020 download from the Third week of October 2020
General instructions for KVPY Aptitude Test 2020:
1. Candidates are required to fill all the required details carefully without making any mistake.
2. A valid e-mail and mobile number is mandatory for the registration of your online application. The e-mail id and mobile number should be kept active till the declaration of results (Aptitude test and Interview).
3. Before submitting the application form, the candidates should carefully verify the data. Once submitted, no changes in the application form will be entertained.
4. The online application form involves the following process: registration/login, personal details, academic details, uploading of photograph, signature and other required documents, payment of fee and final submission.
5. Candidates can check their eligibility for various streams offered at KVPY through the official website.
6. It is advised that the candidates who completed the application form must proceed to the payment immediately. Payment can be done by using a credit card, ATM-debit card or net banking. No other means of payment will be accepted. After the successful payment, the transaction details will be displayed. The candidates may note down the transaction details.