KVPY Exam Date 2022 announced. Check National Science Aptitude Test details at kvpy.iisc.ac.in. The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna fellowship is one of its kind initiative by the Department of Science and Technology to spot talent in science and encourage scientific mind for undertaking research in the country. Eligible persons are chosen through an aptitude test followed by interview.
The public interest litigation filed at Madras HC mentions that the national level fellowship examination in science must also be held in regional languages. Currently, the exam is conducted only in English and Hindi. The admit card for KVPY Exam was released on May 6. The official website to get more updates on KVPY exam is kvpy.iisc.ac.in.
The IISc Bangalore has released the exam date for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) exam. The KVPY aptitude test will now be held on May 22, 2022. Students who had registered to appear for the exam can check the details at kvpy.iisc.ac.in. KVPY 2022 admit cards are likely to be released online soon. Once released, candidates who had registered for the exam will be able to download their admit card using their KVPY user ID and password.
|Name of the exam date||KVPY Exam Date 2022|
|Title||Check the KVPY Exam Date 2022|
|Subject||IISc Bengaluru released KVPY Aptitude Test Exam Date 2022|
|KVPY Exam Date||May 22, 2022|
Funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, KVPY is an on-going National Program of Fellowship in Basic Sciences for encouraging candidates for research in the field of science and related subjects. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore looks after the implementation of this fellowship exam. The selection for KVPY is a fellowship exam for students in class 11 to the first year of any undergraduate in Basic Sciences namely B.Sc./ B.S./ B.Stat./ B.Math./Int. M.Sc. /M.S. in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology having an aptitude for scientific research.
First to third years of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S, who get selected for the KVPY fellowship get a monthly fellowship of Rs. 5000 and annual contingency grant of Rs 20,000. Similarly, the candidates who are in the first and second year of M. Sc. or fourth and fifth years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S, receive a monthly stipend of Rs 7,000 and the annual contingency grant is Rs 28,000.
KVPY 2022 Exam Date Highlights
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana, KVPY Exam Date has been announced on 22-02-2022.
- IISc Bengaluru said that the KVPY Aptitude Test will now be held on May 22, 2022 for all candidates.
- The exam’s admit card was released on May 01, 2022.
- Candidates who have registered for the exam are advised to make a note of this new date and prepare accordingly.
- The Aptitude test will be held in Hindi and English alone this year.
KVPY Exam Date
|Exam Name||Exam Date|
|KVPY revised date||May 22, 2022|
KVPY Exam Details
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a government-funded national fellowship programme that aims to promote science education and to motivate students to choose a career in basic sciences courses and research.
- The science programme also aims to identify students with a research aptitude, help them lead a career in scientific research and to ensure the country’s research and development grows in this field with the best scientific minds.
- Students studying in class 12 and 1st-year students pursuing any undergraduate programme (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in basic science are eligible for this fellowship.
- To screen eligible students and conduct aptitude tests across the country, special committees are set up at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc).
- After screening students based on the aptitude test, shortlisted students are called for the final round which is the interview. To make it to the fellowship, marks obtained in the aptitude test and the interview are considered.
- Selected KVPY fellows are also provided with contingency grants and fellowships up to pre-Ph.D. level, along with summer camps organized in prestigious research and educational institutions in India.
Candidates are advised to keep a check on the official website to get details of new KVPY Exam date.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana, KVPY Exam matter was heard by Madras High Court. As per recent updates, Madras HC has approved the conduct of exam in Hindi and English alone for this year, subject to the fulfillment of some conditions. With this decision, it is likely that the new exam dates will be announced soon on the official website – kvpy.iisc.ernet.in.
KVPY Exam has received the nod to be conducted in these two languages on the condition that there will be a prompt commitment from the government to conduct the exam in regional languages in the years that will follow. For this, the Union must also give an undertaking at the earliest.
What are the KVPY exam details?
KVPY 2022 question paper will include questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology subjects. The exam will be conducted in a duration of 3 hours and the total weightage of the exam will be 100 marks. KVPY question paper will have 2 parts. Part 1 will carry 1 mark and there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. Questions in Part 2 will carry 2 marks each, with a negative marking of 0.5 mark.
What is the KVPY exam date?
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana, KVPY exam date are out! KVPY exam is scheduled to be conducted on May 22, 2022.
What is the selection process of KVPY?
The KVPY selection is done on the basis of an all-Indian written aptitude test conducted in Hindi and English at various centers across the country. The three-hour-long online exam is divided into four-section physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology subjects carrying a total of 260 marks. Candidates who clear the written test are called for a round of interviews and the final merit list for the fellowship is prepared considering the candidate’s total score.