LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship 2022 or LIC Scholarship 2022 notification has been released by the Life insurance corporation of India on its web portal, https://licindia.in/. LIC Scholarship Scheme 2022 under LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship. Scheme of LIC Jubilee Scholarship for Students belonging to the economically weaker families for pursuing higher studies.
LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation has issued a Scholarship Scheme notification for award scholarships to meritorious students for this year. LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation invites online applications from the eligible students.
This scheme objective is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker families so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education and thus enhance their employability.
The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private college/university. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes at Graduation level.
|Name of the scholarship||LIC Scholarship 2022|
|Title||Apply for the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship 2022|
|Subject||Life Insurance Corporation of India released LIC Scholarship 2022 notification|
|Last date to apply||31-12-2021|
|Registration Link||LIC GJF Scholarship|
LIC Insurance company guarantee for poor students:
- LIC, the largest public sector insurer in the country, offers not only insurance policies but also financial assistance to poor students.
- Is financially aiding poor students through scholarships.
- Recently LIC is inviting applications under the name Golden Jubilee Scholarship.
- The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) offers annual scholarships to support talent students from financially backward families.
- The goal is to help students with poverty provide better opportunities rather than distance to higher education.
- The announcement is currently being made under the title ‘Golden Jubilee Foundation Scholarship 2021’ for the year 2020-21.
- Tenth class, Intermediate qualification is enough to apply for LIC Scholarship. This assistance is available to those enrolled in technical and vocational courses.
Scheme Of ‘LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship 2022’ For Students Belonging To The Economically Weaker Section For Pursuing Higher Studies. Students who have passed Class XII exam or its equivalent in the Academic Year and are interested to pursue higher education in the field of
- i) Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Diploma Course in any field or other equivalent courses.
- ii) Vocational Courses through Government recognized Colleges/Institutes or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
- For i) above Candidates who have passed Class XII exam or equivalent in the Academic year 2015-16 with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade and annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.2,00,000/- per annum.
- For ii) above The basic educational qualification is relaxed to Class X or equivalent with at least 60% marks in the Academic year 2020-21 subject to income ceiling of parents/guardians.
DURATION: Scholarship shall be provided for the entire duration of the course subject to the candidate fulfilling the requisite eligibility conditions for renewal.
Rate of Scholarship:
- An amount of Rs.20,000/- per annum will be awarded to the selected Regular Scholar and shall be payable in three instalments .
- An amount of Rs.10,000/ per annum will be awarded for selected Special Girl Child pursuing studies in the 10 + 2 Course and scholarship shall be payable in three instalments.
- The Scholarship amount will be transferred to Bank Account of the selected scholar through NEFT.
- Therefore in case the candidate is selected for scholarship, the Bank Account details and IFSC code and copy of cancelled cheque with name of beneficiary is compulsory. In case of merged banks, the new IFSC Code of the Bank should be mentioned.
Conditions for Scholarship:
- Scholarship shall be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2,00,000/- per annum.
- Selection of LIC Scholar will be on the basis of merit and family background such as percentage of marks in class 12th /10th and annual income of the family. Eligible Students having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order.
- The candidate should secure more than 55%marks in professional streams and 50% marks in graduation courses in Arts/ Science/ Commerce or equivalent grade in the previous final examination of the course for which scholarship is awarded, failing which the scholarship will be discontinued.
- Scholarship shall not be given to more than one student in a family.
The students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick shall be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
- Income certificate should be on self-certification basis by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper for self-employed parents and from employer for employed parents supported by documents (from revenue department) such as land held in the name of parents.
- If a student violates any terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement/ certificates, his/her scholarship shall be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned Divisional Administration of LIC.
- LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation will lay down the detailed procedure for processing and sanctioning of scholarships to eligible students.
- The scheme shall be evaluated at regular intervals by the LICGJF.
- The regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Board of Trustees of LICGJF.
How to Apply:
- The Golden Jubilee Foundation of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has released a nationwide scholarship announcement for the 2021 academic year.
- The scheme will enable students from economically backward families to pursue higher studies
- Mode of applying only online applications are to be submitted through the given link.
- Once online application is submitted, the candidate will get acknowledgement at the email ID provided by him in his online application.
- Further correspondence will be made by the Divisional Office which is mentioned in the acknowledgement mail.
- The candidate should ensure to submit his correct email id and contact number for communication at a later date, if required. Bank Account details and IFSC code are not compulsory at this stage.
- At present our Divisional Offices are processing the online applications received from the candidates. The students will be contacted if they are shortlisted. Last date for submission of applications: see at web portal
Important Instructions to Candidates: Instructions To Candidates Who Are Submitting Online Application For Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022
Only online applications are accepted. Hence please do not send hard copies of online applications as it is not required. Students who have passed Class X examination with 60% marks in Academic year 2020-21 are eligible for the Regular scholarship scheme only if they are pursuing vocational courses through Government recognized colleges/Institutions or courses through ITI.
Further details regarding marks etc are given under Golden Jubilee Scholarship scheme.
Students who have passed Class XII examination with 60% marks in Academic year 2020-21 are eligible for the Regular Scholarship only if they are pursuing higher education in the field of Medicine,. Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Integrated Courses, Diploma Course in any field or other equivalent courses, Vocational Courses through Government recognized colleges / institutes or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs). Further details regarding marks etc are given under Golden Jubilee Scholarship scheme.
For the special Girl Child scholarship scheme, students should have passed Class Xth examination with 60% marks in Academic year 2020-21 and interested to pursue higher education in Intermediate /10 + 2 pattern.
Students, who have passed their exams under CBSE or any other Board having Grading System, should enter the percentage equivalent to the grades allotted by the Board while filling up the relevant columns in the application.
Bank details are not mandatory at this stage. However in case you are submitting the bank details kindly ensure that they are accurate and your Account is active. Please confirm account number details where Zero is wrongly entered as Alphabet “O”.
Once online application is submitted, the candidate will receive an acknowledgement at his/her E-mail Id.
Mobile Number of the candidate is compulsory. After the last date, the applications received will be processed by the respective Divisions. In case the candidate is shortlisted, further communication regarding submission of application form and documents etc will be sent to the E-Mail Id given by the candidate. Hence you are requested to ensure that correct address and E-Mail id etc are given by you before submitting the form.
In case you are eligible and are not successful in submitting your online application and are getting a message “We are unable to process. Please contact the LIC office”, kindly clear the cache memory and try again. Kindly check whether you have filled up all the information correctly before clicking on the submit button
FAQs on LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship
Who is eligible for LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship?
Students who have completed tenth class or intermediate education for the year 2020-21 are eligible for the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship.
How to Select Candidates for LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship?
Candidates will be selected for the Scholarship based on the merit of the marks obtained in the Tenth or Inter, which is the minimum qualification, and the financial status of the family. Low income groups will be the first priority. Given only to one person in a family.
What are the benefits of LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship?
LIC offers scholarships at the rate of 20 (Boys-10, Girls-10) per Divisional Center across the country. Annually Rs.20,000 will be paid in three installments. Students selected under the Special Girl Child Scheme will be given Rs.10,000 per month for two years.
How can I apply for Schoalrship?
Eligible candidates should apply online. Relevant certificates need to be uploaded online.