MHRD Swachh Vidyalay Puraskar Awards, The Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar is instituted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India to recognize, inspire and celebrate excellence in sanitation and hygiene practice in Schools. The explicit purpose of the awards is to honor schools that have undertaken significant steps towards fulfilling the mandate of the Swachh Vidyalaya Campaign.
Objective: To recognize, inspire and celebrate excellence in sanitation, water and hygiene practice in schools and to sustain good practices. Its explicit purpose is to honor schools that have undertaken significant steps towards fulfilling the mandate of the Swachh Vidyalaya Campaign.
Methodology: School Headmasters shall self-nominate themselves based on an online questionnaire available on the official website of MHRD or through Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar mobile app
MHRD Swachh Vidyalay Puraskar(Awards) 2017 Last date for apply 15th November 2017
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has announced that the last date to apply for the Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar is on November 15, 2017. Schools that are interested in being contenders for this award can apply for the same from the official website (swachhvidyalaya.com). Government schools, government-aided schools and private schools in both rural and urban areas are eligible for this award.
It was initiated in 2016 to “recognize, inspire and celebrate excellence in sanitation and hygiene practice in schools”. Schools that have taken “significant steps” for fulfilling the campaign will be honored through this award.
The school which have gained at least two stars out of five in adherence to norms are eligible for the award and will be judges on the categories of water, toilets, handwashing with soap, operation and maintenance, behavior change and capacity building. The awards would be presented at the district, state/union territory and national levels.
Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2017-18, All Schools which have registered, Kindly complete the survey and SUBMIT your entry IMMEDIATELY to be eligible for the awards before 15th November 2017. If you have any questions, please email to email@example.com
C and DSE, Ex-Officio SPD SSA, Telangana, Rc. No.3623,Dt:01-11-2017. Sub: TSSA Hyderabad – Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2017-18 -Participation by all the Schools in the State – Certain Instructions -Issued – Reg.
1. This office Procs.even no. dated 21.09.2017 & 09.10.2017. 2.LetterNo.F.27-11/2017-EE-16, dated 25.10.2017and 26.10.2017of Government of India.
The attention of all the District Educational Officers & EO-DPOs of SSA in the State is. invited to the reference read above wherein necessary guidelines were issued for participation and uploading information of all the schools in the State for Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2017-18 by 31.10.2017.
In this context, they are informed that the Government of India vide reference 2″d cited, extended the last date of submission of application and uploading information of all Schools from 31.10.2017 to 15.11.2017. Therefore, they are requested to ensure that all the schools shall register and upload the information for Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar before 15th November 2017.
Further, they are requested to take necessary action on the following.
– Constitute district-level committee headed by the District Collector (or her/his appointee) and comprising DEO, three eminent school teachers, superintendent, engineer (water supply/PHD), district health officers and two members from Civil Society Organizations/NGO’s.
– The process of awards at the district level would commence immediately after the conclusion of the process on 15.11.2017.
– The district-level committee should shortlist the schools for district-level awards as per guidelines of SVP 2017-18 and finalize the schools for district-level awards and submit the results to this office by 30.11.2017.
They are requested to take necessary steps to expedite the process of submission of application by all schools before 15th November 2017 and to start the selection of schools for district and subcategory awards as per the guidelines. MHRD Swachh Vidyalay Puraskar Awards
C and DSE, Ex-Officio SPD SSA, Telangana – Rc.No.3623, Dt:09-10-2017
Sub: TSSA, Hyderabad – Planning & MIS – Instructions to the DEOs & E.0 DPOs in the State – Swachh Vidhyalaya Puraskar2017-18 -Reg. Ref: 1. Govt.Memo.No. 7136/SE-Prog.I/2017-1, Dt: 13.09.2017. 2. Proc.Rc.No.3623/TSSA/Plg/T7/2017, Dt: 21.09.2017.
The attention of all the District Educational Officers and E.O P.Os in the State is invited to the references read above. They are informed that with extensive participation and involvement of HMs, Mandal, and District officials in applying Swachh Vidhyalaya Puraskar during the academic year 2016-17.
Telangana State got 5th position and 14 schools have selected and received awards at the national platform at New Delhi. With the increased spirit and with an aim to stand in the 1st position at National Level during 2017-18.
It is proposed to conduct on mega campaigning in the Districts.
Therefore, all the DEOs & E.O POs and other District Officials are directed to organize the campaign successfully and support each and every school is a part of the campaign on the following instructions and submit their reports on or before 15.11.2017.
- The District can be considered as a UNIT and all the schools in the district are directed to apply for Swachh Vidhyalaya Puraskar awards 2017-18 during the date and time specified.
- DEOs are directed to issue necessary instructions to all the Government, welfare and private unaided schools to apply for the Swachh Vidhyalaya Puraskar 2017-18 at a specified date and time.
- Even though the schools may not have sufficient facilities or other components required to get maximum marks, still the schools are encouraged to apply without fail
- Districts can utilize the services of Head Masters or Teachers trained on
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) programs. Also services of the previous year (2016-17) Swachh Vidhyalaya Puraskar Awardee School HMs or Teachers.
- Form a district level Swachh Vidhayala Puraskar committee and inform the state immediately with complete details of committee members.
- DEOs must organize a meeting with MEOs, selected I trained HMs and awarded school HMs I Teachers to plan for a mega entry campaign.
- Data must be entered by HMs only through his/her smartphone. Or else, HMs can take the support of MEOs /MIS Coordinators for entering data. Data must be entered in the presence of HMs.
- DEOs are directed to utilize the services of Trained Teachers and Awardees as resource persons to dedicate their time in understanding the process of SVP and disseminating the same to the HMs, CRPs and other key stakeholders to ensure each and every school in the district applying
- for the Puraskar.
- Resource persons can individually pursue the schools left over after the campaign and help the schools in applying before 21st October 2017 for SVP.
- Create closed SMS groups to monitor the SVP nominations within the mandals and districts.
- Interactive line departments like RWS & S, SBM (G), SMB (U), DRDO, Health, WCDM, and other departments to participate in the mega campaign and support the school HMs.
- Apply through Website:www.swachhvidyalaya.com also download the app @ 07097298093 to download the mobile app.
- Assessment format for School level information and questionnaire copy enclosed herewith for reference the same is available m www.swachhvidyalaya.com
- DEOs are directed to appraise the District Collector and other district key line Department officers regarding the SVP-2017 and mega entry campaign.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMISSIONER AND DIRECTOR OF SCHOOL EDUCATION & EX- OFFICIOSTATE PROJECTDIRECTORTSSA, HYDERABAD
Re. No.3623/TSSA/PLG/T7/2017; Dated:21.09.2017:: Sub:-TSSA- Inclusion of all schools for the award for Swacch Vidyalaya Puraskar 2017-18- Certain instructions issued-Reg. Ref: Govt. Memo. No.71361SE-Prog.l/2017-1, Dated: 13.09.2017.
With reference to the subject cited, it is hereby informed that the MHRD has constituted the Swacch Vidyalaya Puraskar in the year 2016 under the Swacch Bharat, Swacch Vidyalaya initiative to recognize, inspire and celebrate excellence in sanitation and hygiene practice in elementary and secondary schools.
The explicit purpose of the awards is to honor schools that have undertaken significant steps towards fulfilling the mandate of the Swacch Vidyalaya Campaign and the awards are given at the District, State, and national levels.
Therefore, all the District Educational Officers in the State are requested to issue necessary instructions to all the schools in the State i.e. private schools affiliated to CBSE, CISCE, State Boards as well as Central Government Schools i.e. Kendriya Vidyalayas, Navodaya Vidyalayas, Sainik Schools, etc.
Thus, the Swacch Vidyalaya Puraskar 2017-18 will be open to Government, aided schools and Private schools in both rural and urban areas to participate in the award scheme to ensure quick dissemination of the concept at the block and the school level.
As you would be aware, the Ministry of Human Resource Development has constituted the Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar in the year 2016 under the Swachh Bharat: Swachh Vidyalaya initiative to recognize, inspire and celebrate excellence in sanitation and hygiene practice in elementary and secondary schools.
The explicit purpose of the awards is to honor schools that have undertaken significant steps towards fulfilling the mandate of the Swachh Vidyalaya Campaign. The awards are given at the District, State, and National levels.
2. It is a matter of satisfaction that more than 2.68 lakh schools participated online in the first edition of the awards. Out of 643 State level award-winning schools, 172 schools have been awarded the National level awards for Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2016-17 on 1st September 2017. Three best performing States and 11 districts with the highest participation at the National level of Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar have also been recognized at the award ceremony on 1st September 2017.
3. Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2017-18 has been formally announced on l5th September 2017. The guidelines ofSwachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2017-18 are enclosed herewith.
As per the guidelines, schools will register and submit information as per the prescribed format made available online (http://mhrd.gov.in – SwachhVidyalaya – SwachhVidyalayaPuraskar or by downloading a mobile app, SwachhVidyalayaPuraskar 2017 – 18. The mobile app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
4. It has now been decided to include all schools in the ambit of the award for Swacch Vidyalaya Puraskar 2017-18 including the private schools affiliated to CBSE, CISCE, State Boaros e c. as-we as ‘Central Goverrimerit Schools i.e. Kendriya Vidyalayas, Navodaya Vidyalayas, Sainik Schools, etc.
Thus, the Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2017-18 will be open to
(a) Government and aided schools; and
(b) Private schools, in both rural and urban areas. In order to ensure the participation of all schools in this ambitious and innovative initiative, it is requested to:
(a) Organize a State level orientation workshop quickly, to be attended by Principal Secretary (Education), State/district level Education officials including Resource Centres, Cluster Coordinators, all DEOs, Consultants and other concerned officials. This workshop will help to understand the framework/tools and methodology better.
(b) Ensure quick dissemination of the concept and actions required, at the block and the school level – issue necessary instructions to schools to participate in the award scheme.
6. On submission of the application by the schools, the data will be aggregated into sta, rating categories (one to five) by the App and the performance report of the school would be shared with the states/districts/schools. Depending upon the rank category they belong to, the schools would be awarded at different levels, subject to physical validation and screening at different levels.
7. It may be noted that UNICEF and Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad (ASCI) are collaborating with us in this process, for technical support, and they may reach out to you, for the facilitation of the same.
8. For any further clarifications, you may contact Shri Girish Hosur, Director in this Department, Tel. No. 011-23073687; email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Prof. V. Srinivas Chary, Director, Centre for Energy, Environment, Urban Governance, and Infrastructure Development at ASCI, Hyderabad; Tel No. 91-40-66534221 email: email@example.com.
Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar(Awards): The Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar was instituted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India in 2016 to recognize, inspire and celebrate excellence in sanitation and hygiene practice in schools. The explicit purpose of the awards is to honor schools that have undertaken significant steps towards fulfilling the mandate of the Swachh Vidyalaya Campaign.
Eligibility: The awards will be open to (a) Government and aided schools; and (b) Private schools, in both rural and urban areas.
The performance of the schools will be evaluated under the following categories
- Handwashing with Soap
- Operations and Maintenance
- Behavior Change and Capacity Building.
The performance of the schools against the categories will be scored and schools would be given a rating as below
|90% – 100% of the Norms||*****||Excellent Keep it up!!|
|75%- 89% adherence to the Norms||****||Very good|
|51% – 74% adherence to the Norms||***||Good; but there is a scope for improvement|
|35% – 50% adherence to Norms||**||Fair ; needs improvement|
|Below 35% adherence to the Norms||*||Poor ; needs considerable improvement|
* Each school should score a minimum of two Star ratings in each of the Sub-categories in order to be eligible for any award.
The awards are categorized at the District Level, State/UT Level, and National Level. MHRD Swachh Vidyalay Puraskar Awards
District Level Awards
(i) District level Awards: Open to All five star, four-star and three-star rated Schools Online (web/ mobile) applications received before the cut-off date will be screened by a District level Committee headed by the District Collector (or her/his appointee) and comprising of District Education officer, three eminent school teachers, Superintendent Engineer (Water supply / Ph.D.), District Health Officer and two members from civil society organizations/NGOs.
Three Elementary and Three Secondary schools having the highest overall score with rating not below three Star will be selected for the District level Award (Total 6)
In addition, six schools( three elementary and three secondary) having the highest score in each of the Sub Categories with rating not below five stars in the subcategory will be selected for sub-category wise awards at the district level(Total 30)
a) Two schools ( one elementary and one secondary)having the highest overall score with rating not below three Star will be selected for the District level Award (Total 2)
b) In addition, two schools(one elementary and one secondary) having the highest score in each of the Sub Categories with rating not below five stars in the sub-category will be selected for sub-category awards at the district level (Total 10). MHRD Swachh Vidyalay Puraskar Awards
The district-level committee may get a physical verification of the nominated schools done by a team consisting of school teachers and students in the district. The verification would be done using a checklist and by taking photographs.
Each of the selected schools with a highest overall score (Total 8) and each of the schools having the highest score under each sub-category (Total 40) will be awarded certificate of recognition at the district level, provided that all the schools with an overall rating of five stars would be awarded a certificate of Recognition.
State/UT Level Awards
(ii) State/UT Level Awards: Open for five stars and four Star Rated Schools
- Schools selected for District Level Awards with overall rating not less than four Star will be considered for the State/UT Level Awards. In case the number of schools in a district having five-star Rating is more, all the schools having overall five-star Rating will be considered for State/UT Level Awards.
- These schools will be screened by a State/UT Level Committee headed by the State Education Secretary or her/his nominee and comprising of Director (Education), Director (Health), two eminent school heads (selected by the State Education Secretary), Chief Engineer (Water Supply & Ph.D.), Director (Panchayati Raj), Director (Urban Local Bodies), representatives of Civil Society Organizations as members.
- Twenty Elementary and twenty Secondary schools having the maximum score and rating not less than four Star from Urban & Rural Areas (5 from Urban and 15 from Rural) will be selected for State/UT level awards.
- The State/UT Level Committee may get a physical verification of the selected schools done by a team consisting of school teachers and students in the district. The verification would be done using a checklist and taking photographs.
- A maximum of 40 schools selected at State/UT level from each State/UT will be awarded a Certiﬁcate of Recognition
- The State may also decide to confer these schools with additional grants/funds for incentivizing them.
- A maximum of twenty entries each at Elementary and Secondary level would be considered for the National Level Award.
National Level Awards
(iii) National Level Awards: Open to only five-star Categories
- A maximum of 100 schools each at Elementary and Secondary level will be awarded at the National level (with a ceiling of 30 urban and 70 rural areas schools in each level)
- A maximum of 40 schools selected for State/UT Level Awards with a rating of ﬁve stars from each State/UT will be considered for National Level Awards.
- 3 best performing States will be recognized and awarded with a Certiﬁcate of Recognition based on the scores secured by their nominated schools qualiﬁed for National level award
- 100% physical veriﬁcation of the nominated schools will be done using a checklist and by taking photographs.
- A National level Committee headed by the Secretary (School Education & Literacy) and comprising of Additional Secretary (School Education), Joint Secretary (Ministry of
How to Apply?
All schools are invited to apply for the awards. Registration opens from 1st September 2017 and closes on 31st October 2017.
The registration of schools would be done with the U-DISE code of the school. If you do not have a UDISE-Code, download the Data Capture Format (DCF) and submit at Block / District / State level office to generate the U-DISE Code.
Schools will first complete the Primary Information section in the prescribed format. Upon submission, a “Password” will be sent to the mobile number given by the school in the primary information section. Schools will then log in with the U-DISE code and Password to complete the rest of the six sections of the survey.
Steps to Access Information of Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2017-18
Option A: Download Mobile App (play store/ store) OR Give a Missed Call to 07097298093 to get App Links on your mobile
Option B: Fill Online Survey
Option C: Download Survey Format, fill it and seek assistance to complete the survey using option A or option B
Please read Instructions for filling the survey
The process for identifying and recognizing schools for awards is as below:
I. Schools will register and submit information as per the prescribed format (Annexure 1) made available
online (http://mhrd.gov.in → Swachh Vidyalaya → Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar) or by downloading a mobile app, Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar. The mobile app can be downloaded from Google Play Store or by giving a missed call at 07097298400. The registration of schools would be done with the U-DISE code of the school.
II. The website/mobile app is customized to cater to different categories of schools. MHRD Swachh Vidyalay Puraskar Awards
III. Schools are expected to provide accurate information as required in the format.
IV. The information in the format corresponds to the requirements in Swachh Vidyalaya guidelines. Annexure 2 provides the list of indicators categorized under (a) Water (b) Toilets (c) Handwashing (d) Operations and Maintenance (e) Behavior Change and Capacity Building.
V. Maximum weightage assigned for each of the categories is given in Table 1: Weightage Assigned to Swachh Vidyalaya Sub-categories
I. The performance of the schools against categories will be scored as per the method given in Annexure 3.
II. On the basis of the scores obtained, the schools would be given a rating as described in Table 2: School Rating Scheme
Eligibility: All Government and Government Aided Schools in Rural and Urban areas. MHRD Swachh Vidyalay Puraskar Awards
Activities to be taken up:
i) Video conference to orient district-level officials on the framework, Web Portal, Ranking of Scores and Rationale, etc. with ASCI’s resource support on 5th July 2016 from 2:00 to 3:00 PM.
ii) Dissemination to Mandal and school level:
Instructions have been sent to districts. State Sectoral Officers who are acting as District Incharges shall oversee the process of nominations.
- SPO – State Sectoral Offices (District Incharges)
- DPO – Sectoral Officers (Mandal Incharges)
- MEO / MIS Coordinators – Shall be responsible for online entry of all school nominations of their Mandal.
- School Complex HM / CRPs – Shall primarily be responsible for online entry of all schools nominations of their cluster.
- Head Masters of all Govt., Govt. Aided Schools – Shall self nominate for Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar.
The performance of the schools will be evaluated under the following categories:
c. Handwashing with Soap
d. Operations and Maintenance
e. Behavior Change and Capacity Building.
When? (Timeline as communicated by MHRD:)
|Submission of application||1st – 31st October 2017|
|Selection for awards at the District level and submission of results to the State Level||1st – 30st November 2017|
|Selection for awards at the State Level||1st – 30th December 2017|
|Submission of State level results to MHRD for National Level Selection||By 7th January 2017|
|Selection of Schools for National level awards||By 31st March 2018|
Indicators & Weightage:
|Sub Categories||Maximum Score|
|Handwashing With Soap||20|
|Operations and Maintain||15|
|Behaviour Change and Capacity building||15|
Rating: The performance of the schools against the categories will be scored and schools would be given a rating as below
|90% – 100% of the Norms||Green / *****||Excellent. Keep it up!|
|75% – 89% adherence to the Norms||Blue / ****||Very Good|
|51% – 74% adherence to the Norms||Yellow / ***||Good, but there is a scope for improvement.|
|35% – 50% adherence to the norms||Orange / **||Fair, Needs Improvement|
|Below 35% adherence to the norms||Red / *||Poor: Need considerable improvement|
Only Orange and above are eligible for the award.
* Each school should score a minimum of orange rating in each of the Sub-categories in order to be eligible for any award. MHRD Swachh Vidyalay Puraskar Awards
No. of Schools to be Awarded for SwachhVidyalaya Puraskar
|District award (Yellow)||Sub Category wise (Green)||Total|
|State award (Blue / Green)||Elem.||Sec.||TOTAL|
All 40 schools at the State level will get an award of recognition and all will be considered for the National level. MHRD Swachh Vidyalay Puraskar Awards
1. 100 Elementary and 100 Secondary schools (70 Rural, 30 Urban) will be awarded Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar.
2. 50,000/- Additional School Grant and Certificate of Recognition.
3. In addition, best performing districts (total 10) will be judged on the basis of the percentage of total schools with GREEN rating.
The awards are categorized at the District Level, State/UT Level, and National Level
1. District Level Awards
2. State/UT Level Awards
3. National Level Awards
Mode of Selection:
1. Self Nomination by Head Masters through an online questionnaire.
a. The Online questionnaire consists of 39 Questions
b. Five photographs
c. Front view of the school and premises
d. Separate functional toilets for boys and girls
e. Functional toilets for CWSN
f. Incinerator for disposal of sanitary waste
g. Facilities for handwashing with soap after the use of toilets and before mid-day meal/ lunch.
h. Website: mhrd.gov.in. Swachh Vidyalaya – Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar.
a. Mobile Application can be downloaded by giving a Missed Call to 07097298400 or from Google Play Store.
b. Committees at different levels will physically verify the eligible schools for selection.
c. District level committee – headed by District Collector (or his/her appointee), comprising DEO, 3 Eminent School Teachers, Superintendent Engineer (Water Supply / PHD), District Health Officer and Two members from Civil Society organizations / NGOs.
How to Apply?
Option A: Download Mobile App OR Give a Missed
Call to 070972 98400 to get App Links on your mobile
Option B: Fill Online Survey
Option C: Download Survey Format
- All schools are invited to apply for the awards by 15-11-2017
- Android mobile app download link:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glt.sv&hl=en
- Apply online with Computer/lap top@http://22.214.171.124/index.aspx#test1