MORTH Road Safety Essay competitions, Proceedings. Rc.no.98 Dt. 18-01-2017; SCERT Telangana, Transport department -Essay Competition on the topic of road safety during the road safety week (17-1-2020 to 23-1-2020) and to upload their best entry at MORTH website-reg.
Ref:- Govt Memo No.67/Tr/(s7v)/2017,Dt.11-01-2017
The attention of all the DEO in Telangana state are invited to the ref read above and they are informed that the ministry of road Transport High ways Department has proposed to conduct an Essay competition on the topic of road safety be organized amongst school children in the schools during the road safety week. The best essays will be given an award/certificate by the Ministry of road transport of the highways, Govt of India (MORTH).
Organizing an essay competition among them and rewarding them will ensure that the issues related to road safety are thought over and discussed by them. This will also generate awareness among them. Along with the children, such a competition is also expected to bring about awareness amongst the parents and teachers. Further, it is informed that the top 10 entries selected by MORTH will be called for the award function at Delhi along with their parents and teachers.
Therefore all the DEO in Telangana State are requested to take necessary action in conducting the essay contest during the road safety week in the schools and to upload their best entry at MORTH website: MORTH.nic.in latest by 31st January 2017.
MORTH Road Safety Essay competitions:
1. Topic: Road Safety – Your Safety Secures Your Family
2. Format: Not more than 300 words, Typed
3. Language: Any language in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution of India or English
4. Eligibility: School Children up to Class 12th
5. Last date for receipt of entry at MoRTH: 31.01.2017
6. Entries: Each School will upload its best entry on the MoRTH website, morth.nic.in the latest by 31.1.2017.
7. Prizes: Top ten entries will be called for the award function along with their parents and school representative. Apart from this consolation prizes will be given to 50 entries.
The awards are given as under:
i. First Prize – Cash prize Rs. 20,000/- and citation.
ii. Second Prize – Rs. 15,000/- and citation.
iii. Third Prize – Rs. 10,000/- and citation.
iv. Remaining seven prizes of Rs. 5000/- each. v. The Consolation awardees will be given Rs.2000/ each.
vi. All the awardees will be given a Citation.
8. Traveling/Lodging: Each of the ten award winners, their parents and school representative, will be reimbursed 2nd Class AC fare/ actual fare, whichever is less, for attending the award function. Each winner will also be given Rs. 10000/ lumpsum for boarding and lodging in Delhi for the function.