The National Testing Agency announced the conduct of the National Aptitude Test (NAT 2021), a project aimed to help the students acquire knowledge and skills apart from academics. Interested candidates can apply online at nat.nta.ac.in
National Testing Agency, NTA has come up with a solution to a question that troubles many of us – What career to choose? The solution and answer to this question is in the pilot launch of National Aptitude Test, NAT 2021 which happened on October 11, 2021. The Registration process for this Ability Profiler exam for 13 – 25 year old’s has started on nat.nta.ac.in.
NTA has said that with NAT 2021, the ‘right candidates will be joining the best institutions that will give India her demographic dividend.’ The exam will be held free of cost and purely for the benefit of all candidates. It will be held on two days for different age groups and NTA has given candidates the freedom to choose their own test centre.
Many aptitude tests measure general ability plus certain more specialized abilities that are important for success in different educational programs. Aptitude tests can be subdivided into:
- Group administered aptitude tests such as the scholastic Aptitude Test.
- Multifactor aptitude tests, exemplified by the differential Aptitude Test.
- Specific Aptitude Tests.
- Individually administered aptitude test
|Name of the test||National Aptitude Test 2021|
|Title||Apply for National Aptitude Test 2021|
|Subject||NTA released National Aptitude Test 2021 notification|
|Registration deadline||October 18, 2021|
|NAT Exam Dates||October 23 and 24, 2021|
National Aptitude Test Details
- The registration process began on October 11 and the last date to apply is October 18.
- There is no registration fee to apply for the exam.
- Students in the age group of 13 to 25 years are eligible to apply.
- The exam will be conducted as per the age-groups on October 23 and 24.
- Students in the age group of 13-15 years are put under level 1 and 16-18 years under level 2.
- The exams for both levels will be conducted on October 23.
- The test for the 19-21 years age group (level 3) and 22-25 years (level 4) will be conducted on October 24.
- The test will be conducted in two slots 11 am to 1 pm and 4 pm to 6 pm.
- Candidates can choose the timing of the exam according to their availability.
Aptitude tests have three major uses:
- Instructional purposes
NTA firmly believes that the right candidates joining best institutions will give India her demographic dividend. It envisages that besides acquired knowledge and skills, it should include skills for future that would be expected in them, say after 5 years. These are Technical Skills, Creativity, Emotional Intelligence (EQ), Analytical Thinking, Growth Mind-set, Decision Making, Inter-personnel Communication, Adaptability have been identified as skills for future. Therefore NTA is planning to conduct National Aptitude Test-Ability Profiler.
Check below the important dates and how to apply.
NAT Important dates
|NAT 2021 Registration begins||October 11, 2021|
|Last date to apply||October 18, 2021|
|Exam date for Level 1 (13 – 15 yrs) and Level 2 (16 – 18 yrs)||October 23, 2021|
|Exam date for Level 3 (19 – 21 yrs) and Level 4 (22 – 25 yrs)||October 24, 2021|
Candidates are informed that these dates are as per the official notice shared by NTA. In order to view it, click on the direct link given here.
National Aptitude Test, NAT 2021 by NTA: How to apply
- Candidates have to go to the official website, nat.nta.ac.in.
- On the Homepage, scroll down and click on the link that reads, ‘NAT 2021 Online Registration.’
- Either click on New Registration or Sign In.
- Give all your details and start filling the application form.
- Upload the important documents as mentioned there and click on submit.
- Your National Aptitude Test, NAT 2021 form will be submitted.
- Download and print a copy of the same for future references.
NTA has informed in the official notice that NAT 2021 will be held online and as an Internet Based Test. Candidates can appear for the exam through mobile phones, laptops or any other device. It will be held for 120 minutes in 2 shifts on both days. The first shift is from 11 am to 1 pm and the second shift is from 4 pm to 6 pm.
Why does NTA want to develop Aptitude Test?
Why do we assess students? What is the purpose of overall assessment or any specific assessment?- These are the first Questions that drive the entire assessment system. A clear understanding of purpose of assessment is important because without defining the purpose it is impossible to determine how effective an assessment is.
Whether the assessment is serving the intended purpose or not cannot be established till the purpose is not defined. Beginning with purpose is essential to ensure appropriate usage, because research cautions that tests should only be used for the purposes for which they were designed.
The Aptitude test is one of the most difficult Test. Aptitude is hidden. The test is to diagnose and predict. Any test that is not standardized or pilot study not done cannot be used for large administration and predictive purposes.
The concerns emerged during various studies revealed that-
- (a) 65% of the jobs our students will be doing in the future do not even exist today.
- (b) Employers seek abilities like critical thinking, problem solving, innovations and creativity in their human capital but these abilities were deficient in about 70% school pass outs.
- (c) Considering skills gap is much evident, including in digital jobs that require graduates with relevant mathematical, science and engineering Backgrounds.
Candidates are informed that taking this exam is absolutely free and they don’t have to pay any examination or application fees. NTA has also released a set of sample questions for candidates to refer to. They may view the same by clicking on the link given here. The exam will be conducted for 120 minutes on both days.
National Aptitude Test, NAT 2021 has been introduced by National Testing Agency, NTA for 13 to 15 year olds. The idea behind the test is for candidates to get an idea about their Aptitude that will help them in joining the best institutions. Moreover, it will even benefit the country’s demographic dividend.