Navodaya Entrance Exam 2021 Notification for admission into navodaya schools in 6th class. JNV Selection Test 2021 Schedule released for conducting the Navodaya 6th class entrance exam across the country in all the States for 6th Class Admissions in JNVs. So, Navodaya Entrance Test 2021 notification would be released in the month of October in every year for admission into Class VI in Navodaya Vidyalayas for 2021-2021.
JNV Selection Test 2021 details, eligibility, application form, schedule, important dates, how to apply, how to fill the Online Application form, Entrance Exam date, Last date for apply, Results /Selected Candidates list and more details are provided here
NVS Entrance Exam names: JNVST 20201, Navodaya Entrance Exam 2021, JNVS Entrance Test 2021, JNVS Selection Test 2021, NVS Entrance Exam 2021, Navodaya Entrance Exam (JNV Selection Test) 2021 for admission to Class VI – JNVS Exam Schedule – How to Apply – Eligibility Criteria – Scheme of Exam for more details are provided here.
Navodaya Entrance Examination 2021 Online applying Date:
The Navodaya 2021 Online Application submission date has been released and Students who are studying in the 5th Class (currently) are eligible for Navodaya Entrance Exam. Help the child to send this matter to the parents, or around them, and apply them to the Navodaya.
Requirement Documents to Online apply:
1. Study Certificate.
2. Student Signature
3. Student father or mother or guardian Signature.
4. Student photo.
5. Student Moles (Identification marks),
6. Study details of 3rd and 4th class
Admissions in JNVs are made through the JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST (JNVST) to Class VI. The medium of instruction in JNVs is the mother tongue or regional language up to Class VIII and English thereafter for Maths and Science and Hindi for Social Science. Students of the JNVs appear for X and XII class examinations of the Central Board of Secondary Education. While education in the schools is free including board & lodging, uniform and textbooks, a sum of Rs. 600/- per month is collected from the students of Classes IX to XII only towards Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi. Students belonging to SC/ST categories, Girl students and the students whose family income is below poverty line (BPL) are exempted. Rs.1500/- per student per month is collected from all students whose parents are Govt. Employees.
Navodaya Entrance Exam 2021:
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti NVS, An Autonomous Organisation Vidyalayas are functioning under Dept. of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India and functioning in Various Districts. Navodaya Vidayalaya Samiti to be notified for admission process for admission to class VI in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas through an entrance examination namely -Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test JNVST-2021 for the session 2021-20. Registration of students would be started through online mode only from this year 2019. Last date to apply for JNVST 2021: 30-09-2019. “Last date for submission of JNVST-2021 Class VI admission application 30.09.2019”.
DATE OF SELECTION TEST: 11-01-2021 (Phase I):
Date of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyala Selection Test (JNVST) is 11-01-2021 for . in the State of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh (except Dibang Valley & Tawang Districts), Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh (except Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla Districts), Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tripura, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, & West Bengal (except Darjeeling), Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Delhi, Lakshadweep and Pudducherry.
DATE OF SELECTION TEST: 11-04-2021 (Phase II):
Date of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyala Selection Test (JNVST) is 11-04-2021 for in the States of Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Uttrakhand and in the Districts of Dibang Valley and Tawang of Arunachal Pradesh, in the Districts of Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla of Himachal Pradesh, in the District of Darjeeling of West Bengal.
Dates to be rembebered:
1. Announces Start Of Online Application For Admission In Class-VI Through NVS Candidates Registration Portal : 01.09.2020
2. Last date for Uploading of NVS Online Application Form: 30.09.2020
Navodaya Vidyalayas HIGHLIGHTS
Co-educational residential schools in every district Separate hostels for boys and girls Free education, Board and Lodging Wide cultural exchange through Migration Scheme. Computer: Pupil ratio – 1: 8 Best results in classes X & XII 1176 & 11875 students qualified in JEE (Advanced)-2021 and NEET- 2021 respectively. International admission for 4 students from unprivileged class after class-XII in 2021-2022 .
Studying in Class V in academic Session 2021-18 in a Govt./Govt recognized school in the same district, where JNV is functioning and to which they are seeking admission. Studied and passed classes III & IV from Govt./ Govt. recognized school. Studied full academic session in each class. Should study for full academic session in Class-V from the same district from where admission is sought. O Born between 01-05-2006 and 30-04-20010 (both the days inclusive)
The selection test will be of two-hour duration from 11:30 am to 01:30 pm and will have 3 sections with only objective type questions. There are 80 questions in all for 100 marks. 15 Minutes additional time is allowed for reading the instructions. Hence, the candidates have to report latest by 11:00 AM on 6th April 2021
Type of Test Number of Questions Marks Duration
a. Mental ability Test – 40 Questions 50 Marks 60 Minutes Duration
b. Arithmetic Test 20 Questions 25 Marks 30 Minutes Duration
c. Language Test 20 Questions 25 Marks 30 Minutes Duration
Total 80 Questions 100 Marks 2 Hours Duration
At least 75% seats for children from schools located in rural areas. 1/3rd seats for girls. 3% seats for Divyang children. Seats for Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe as per Govt. of India norms.
For details, visit the website www.nvshmorg and may contact Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya in your District. Issued by Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
Navodaya Entrance Exam 2021 Online Application Process Involves in 2 Steps:
Step I: Registration.
Step II: Submission of Personal Details (including uploading of Images).
Kindly keep the scanned copy of candidate’s signature, parent’s signature, candidate’s photograph and class V certificate (Size:10-100 KB in .JPG/.jpg format) ready before filling up personal details.
Note:If all the are not completed,then your candidature will not be considered.
1. Online Application Form Submission start from 02-07-2019
2. Last date for submission of Application Form: 30-09-2019
3. NVS Exam date: 11-01-2021 for Phase I and 11-04-2021 for Phase II
4. Admit Cards issued : January 1st, 2021
5. NVS Result: Last week of January 2021
a. Online Applying Home Page: NVS Entrance Exam
(Admin/Candidates After Phase I Registration for login)
b. Online Application Phase I : Registration Form-Phase I
c. NVS Entrance Exam Official Notification (pdf)
Navodaya Entrance Exam Date: January 11, 2021 for Phase I and April 11, 2021 for Phase II
How to apply for Navodaya Entrance Exam 2021:
Procedure to register online for JNV Selection Test 2021
i. The process for submission of application for JNV Selection Test has been simplified through online process. Registration can be done free of cost through the admission portal of NVS linked through www.navodaya.gov.in Verification of proofs for residence, age, eligibility etc will be done for selected candidates through the laid down procedure after the declaration of results.
ii. The eligible candidates have to fill up the online form and upload the certificate issued by the Head Master/Principal where the candidate is studying in class V with the photograph along with signatures of both candidate and his /her parent/guardian. The attachments should be uploaded in jpg format of the size between 10-100 kb only.
iii. In case of candidates from NIOS, candidates should obtain `B‟ certificate and residence should be in the same district where he / she is seeking admission.
iv. Online platform is in open source and free of cost. Application may be submitted from any source like desktop, laptop, mobile, tablet etc.
v. In all JNVs a help desk will be available to assist the candidates/parents to upload application free of cost. Parents may also approach the help desk in JNV along with candidate and required documents such as certificate signed by the Head Master, photograph and a mobile phone with valid mobile number for receiving the registration number and password through SMS for registration process
B. Issue of Admit Cards:
1. The admit card will be made available with effect from 1st March 2021 on application portal which shall be downloaded free of cost by the candidates/parents before the conduct of JNVST.
2. Each candidate shall appear for the selection test at the examination center allotted to him/her as indicated on the Admit Card. No candidate is permitted to appear from any other center. No request for change of center will be entertained. No candidate can appear in the selection test without proper Admit Card. Admit card may be downloaded from the website of NVS, HQ – www.navodaya.gov.in
C. Result of the JNV Selection Test:
The result of JNV Selection Test 2021 is expected to be announced by the last week of May 2021 for all JNVs. The result will be displayed in the offices of the concerned
D. Selection and Admissions:
1) Selection in the test will not vest any right on the candidate to secure admission into the JNV. At the time of seeking actual admission, each selected candidate will have to produce all relevant certificates, as prescribed by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Until admission, the selection is provisional only. Candidates are advised to apply for TC from parent school only after the verification of documents and confirmation of admission by respective JNV.
2) In case of any dispute, the decision of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti shall be final and binding on the candidates.
3) Marks obtained by candidates (both selected and not selected) in the test are not communicated.
4) There is no provision for re-evaluation of the answer scripts or re-totaling of marks, since the result is processed through computer and sufficient care is taken to ensure accuracy through various checks in processing the result.
5) It may also be noted by the candidates and their parents/guardians that under the scheme of NVS, students of a JNV located in Hindi speaking State may have to be migrated to another JNV in Non-Hindi Speaking State and vice-versa for one academic year when the students are promoted to Class IX. In case of refusal by the students selected for migration, continuation of study of such students in JNV will not be allowed.
6) The candidates and their parents/guardians may note that the children selected on the basis of the Test will be admitted only in the JNV located in the district from where they are studying in class V and appearing at the JNVST. Under no circumstances, the selected candidate will be given admission to any other JNV. No request for shifting of students on account of medium of instruction in the JNV concerned, shifting of parents/guardians to other district(s) / State(s) etc. will be entertained.
7) Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) will have to produce a certificate of the Caste/Tribe at the time of seeking admission, if selected. Such certificate should be obtained from the competent authority before 15th April of the year of seeking admission so that it may be submitted to the Principal of JNV concerned at the time of verification of document. For example, candidates seeking admission during 2021-20 should get the certificate on or before 15th April 2021.
8) Candidates applying for admission under Rural Category will have to produce a certificate to the effect that the school(s) where candidates studied classes III,IV and V is located in Rural Area.
9) Candidates belonging to the Divyang category (Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped) if selected will have to produce a medical certificate signed by Chief Medical Officer of the District concerned at the time of admission in appropriate format.
10) Candidates belonging to transgender category will have to submit a certificate from the competent authority prescribed by the concerned State Govt. with regard to their gender. No reservation is made for this category.
E. Who Is Eligible?-Eligibility Criteria:
FOR ALL CANDIDATES:
1. Only the candidates from the district concerned where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission. However, the district where JNV is opened and is bifurcated at a later date, the old boundaries of the district are considered for the purpose of eligibility for admission into JNVST, in case a new Vidyalaya has not started in newly bifurcated district as yet.
2. A candidate seeking admission must not have been born before 01-05-2005 and after 30-04-2009. This will apply to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs). In case of doubt of overage candidate seeking admission, they may be referred to the Medical Board for confirmation of the age. The decision of the Medical Board will be final.
3. A candidate appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the whole of the academic session 2021-2021 in a Government/Government aided or other recognized schools or ‘B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district where he/she is seeking admission. A school will be deemed recognized if it is declared so by the Government or by any other agency authorized on behalf of Government. The Schools receiving financial assistance under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan should be sponsored by Govt. or Govt. authorized agencies. Schools where students have obtained ‘B’ certificate under National Institute of Open Schooling should have accreditation of NIOS. A candidate must successfully complete Class-V in the session 2016-17. Actual admission in Class-VI for the session 2021-19 will be subject to this condition.
4. A Candidate claiming admission under rural quota must have studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a Govt. / Govt. aided / recognized school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in rural area.
5. Candidates who will be passing ‘B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling on or before 30th September are also eligible to write admission test provided they are in the prescribed age group. The forms of such candidates will be verified by DEO/DIOS. The rural status of a child from National Institute of Open Schooling will be decided on the basis of a certificate to be issued by Tehsildar/District Magistrate of the District indicating that the child has been residing in rural areas for the last three years. Students studying under the above scheme from urban and notified areas are not eligible for obtaining seat in rural quota.
6. A Candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before 30th September, is not eligible to apply.
7. No candidate is eligible to appear in the selection test second time, under any circumstances.
The parents of the children who qualify the Selection Test will have to submit following at the time of admission:
1. Affidavit/Residence Certificate in prescribed Performa in addition to other documents demanded by the concerned Vidyalaya.
2. For candidates seeking admission under rural quota, the parents will also have to submit an affidavit to the effect that the child is studying in an Institute located in a notified rural area and that they are residing in a notified rural area.
FOR RURAL CANDIDATES:
1. At least 75% of the seats in a district will be filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats will be filled from the urban areas of the district.
2. A candidate seeking admission under the rural quota must have studied in Classes-III, IV and V completing full academic session from the recognized school(s) located in rural areas.
3. Candidates studying under the National Institute of Open Schooling should produce their rural status certificate issued by District Magistrate/ Tehsildar/Block Development Officer.
FOR URBAN CANDIDATES
A Candidate who has studied in a school located in an urban area even for a single day of session in Class-III, IV and V will be considered as an urban candidate. Urban areas are those which are so defined in 2001 census or through a subsequent Government Notification. All other areas will be considered as rural.F. Reservation Of Seats:
a) At least 75% of the seats in a district are filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats are filled from urban areas of the district.
b) Reservation of seats in favour of children belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes is provided in proportion to their population in the concerned district provided that no district, such reservation will be less than the national average (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST) but subject to maximum of 50% for both the categories (SC & ST) taken together. These reservations are interchangeable and over and above the candidates selected under open merit.
c) One third of the total seats are filled up by girls.
d) There is a provision for reservation of 3% seats for ** disabled children (i.e. Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped).
** “Blindness” refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely:-
(i) Total absence of sight; or
(ii) Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses; or
(iii) Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse.
** “Hearing Impairment” means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
** “Locomotor disability” means disability of the bones joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
**“Person with disability” means a person suffering from not less than forty percent of any disability as certified by a medical authority.
G. JNV Selection Test -2021 Schedule
JNV Selection Test for admission to Class-VI in JNVs for the academic session 2021-2021 will be held as per following schedule. The last date for submission of Application Form in BEO’s Office is
Navodaya Entrance Exam Date for bekow mentioned states:
In the State of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Assam, Bihar, West Bengal (except Darjeelin0g) Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh (except Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla Districts), Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tripura, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Arunachal Pradesh (except Tawang District), Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Lakshadweep and Pondicherry .
In the States of Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim ,Jammu and Kashmir (except Leh & Kargil) and in the District of Tawang of Arunachal Pradesh, in the Districts of Chamba, Sirmour, Kullu, Kinnaur, Mandi, Shimla of Himachal Pradesh, in the District of Darjeeling of West Bengal.
In the Districts of Leh, Kargil of J&K State and in the District of Lahaul & Spiti of Himachal Pradesh State.
Last date for submission of Application Form: 30-09-2020
Online Applying Link: NVS Entrance Exam