JNVST OMR Sheet 2024 PDF file is available for downloading for the Navodaya Entrance Exam on its official website, https://navodaya.gov.in/.
Students who are appearing JNV Selection Test can check details and can download also Navodaya Entrance Exam OMR Sheet form the JNVST web Portal.
The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) is a national-level examination conducted by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) to provide admission to students in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) across India.
JNVs are co-educational residential schools established by the Government of India to provide quality education to rural and economically weaker sections of society.
The JNVST OMR Sheet is an integral part of the selection process, as it helps evaluate the answer sheets of the candidates. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about the JNVST OMR Sheet 2024.
What is an OMR Sheet?
An OMR Sheet or Optical Mark Recognition Sheet is a special type of paper used for multiple-choice examinations. The sheet contains bubbles or circles that candidates have to darken using a pen or a pencil to mark their answers.
The OMR Sheets are machine-readable, and the answers marked by the candidates are evaluated using an Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) software.
How to Fill the JNVST OMR Sheet?
It is essential to fill the JNVST OMR Sheet correctly, as any errors or mistakes can lead to the rejection of the answer sheet. Here are some instructions, marking schemes, and dos and don’ts for filling the JNVST OMR Sheet:
1. Instructions for Filling the JNVST OMR Sheet
- Use a black or blue ballpoint pen to mark the bubbles or circles on the OMR Sheet.
- Darken the bubbles or circles completely to avoid any errors during scanning and evaluation.
- Do not use a pencil or a sketch pen to mark the bubbles or circles.
- Do not make any stray marks or smudges on the OMR Sheet.
2. Marking Scheme for JNVST OMR Sheet
- Each correct answer carries one mark.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers or unattempted questions.
3. Dos and Don’ts for Filling the JNVST OMR Sheet
- Read the instructions on the OMR Sheet carefully before filling it.
- Double-check the roll number
- Ensure that the bubbles or circles are marked in a neat and clean manner.
- Use an eraser to correct any mistakes. Make sure that the erased area is clean and does not have any smudges or stray marks.
- Do not fold or crumple the OMR Sheet.
- Do not use correction fluid or tape to correct mistakes.
- Do not use a highlighter or a gel pen to mark the bubbles or circles.
- Do not write anything outside the boxes provided on the OMR Sheet.
|OMR Sheet||JNVST OMR Sheet 2024|
|Title||Download Navodaya Entrance Exam OMR Sheet 2024|
|Subject||JNV OMR Sheet PDF Download 2024|
|Conducting Agency Name||Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti|
|Name Of The Department||MHRD|
JNVST OMR Sheet 2024: Scanning and Evaluation
After the completion of the JNVST exam, the OMR Sheets are collected and sent for scanning and evaluation. The OMR Sheets are scanned using Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) software, which reads the marked bubbles or circles and converts them into digital data.
The digital data is then evaluated, and the scores are generated. The evaluation process is entirely computerized, which eliminates any chances of errors or biases.
How to Download the JNVST OMR Sheet?
The JNVST OMR Sheet 2024 will be available for download on the JNV website after the completion of the JNVST exam. Here are the steps to download the JNV OMR Sheet:
- Visit the official website of JNVST.
- Click on the link for the JNVST OMR Sheet 2024.
- Enter your roll number and other required details.
- Click on the submit button.
- The JNVST OMR Sheet 2024 will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take a printout of the JNVST OMR Sheet 2024.
Navodaya Entrance Exam
Navodaya Entrance Exam would be conducted in multiple languages. According to the Navodaya Vidyalaya Scheme, one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is to be set up in each District in a phased manner. At present, 661 Vidyalayas are sanctioned in 28 States and 07 Union Territories, out of which 636 are functioning.
The State-wise distribution of JNVs sanctioned list is available in Prospectus. A maximum of eighty (80) students are admitted in Class VI in each Vidyalaya through a JNV Selection Test subject to availability of suitable candidates.
The Samiti reserves the right to reduce the seats to forty or to withhold result and/or withhold admission and/or conduct of JNVST in case adequate accommodation is not available. The JNV Selection Test will be of two hours duration.
There will be three sections in the question paper and the question paper will have only objective questions. There will be a total of 80 questions. Students would be allowed additional time of 15 minutes to read the question paper.
Hence the students should report latest by 11:00 am on the day of the exam. The three sections in the question paper would be – Mental Ability Test, Arithmetic Test, and Language Test. Mental Ability Test section will have 40 questions carrying 50 marks to be solved in 60 minutes.
The Arithmetic Test section will have 20 questions carrying 25 marks to be solved in 30 minutes. The Language Test section will also have 20 questions carrying 25 marks to be solved in 30 minutes. OMR sheets are specially designed papers that can be read by the OMR software.
These sheets are used for most competitive examinations in India, in which a lot of students participate. As these answer sheets are designed using special OMR software, students cannot create their own sheets for practice purpose at home using the generic designing tools in their PC. Hence, we provide OMR sheet free sample PDF for practice.
You can click any of these links and download the PDF of that particular sample of OMR sheet for practice. After you have downloaded the sheet, the next step is to take the printout so that you can practice filling the sheet.
A. Method of Recording Answers on Navodaya OMR Sheet:
Candidate should follow the instruction to record the answers on the Navodaya OMR sheet 2024.
- A separate OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) answer sheet will be provided to the candidate in the Examination Hall on the exam date.
- Candidates are required to indicate their answers at an appropriate place on the OMR sheet.
- A copy of the specimen OMR Sheet will be uploaded on the website of NVS.
- Only Blue/Black Ball Point Pen is to be used to write on the OMR Sheet.
- Candidates should bring their own ballpoint pens.
- Use of pencil is strictly prohibited.
- For each question, there are four probable answers, out of which only one is correct.
- The candidate is required to select the correct answer and darken the corresponding circle of the chosen answer.
- For example, if your answer for Question no. 37 is C, darken the circle under C as given below. 37.
- No change in the darkened circle is allowed. Striking, applying white/correction fluid and erasing on the OMR sheet is also not allowed. Such answers will not be evaluated.
- 1.25 marks will be given for every correct answer.
- No negative marking will be done.
How to fill and Mark on SIDE 2 OMR Answer Sheet?
The candidate should check carefully that the Main Booklet Code printed on Side-2 of the OMR Sheet is the same as printed on Main Test Booklet. In case of discrepancy, the candidate should immediately report the matter to the Invigilator for replacement of both the Main Test Booklet and the OMR Sheet.
- Candidate should fill wit Blue/Black Ball Point Pen Only.
- First, fill your Roll Number in the 7 Box Roll No. Section
- Fill your Main Test Booklet Number in the 7 Box Main Test Booklet No. Section.
- Fill your State, district, Block and Center Codes in this Section
- OMR Answer Sheet Details: JNVST OMR Sheet has two sides. The first one is SIDE 1 and another one is SIDE 2.
JNVST OMR Side 1 Details
JNVST OMR Side 1: OMR Answer Sheet Side 1 Contain the following Sections
- Section A, Section B and Section C is there on Side 1 of OMR
- 1. Section A: Left side of OMR Side has the following items
- a. Roll Number – Box
- b. Name of the Candidate – Box
- c. Father Name – Box
- 2. Section B: This is the Right side of OMR Side 1. In this section, instructions were given for Marking Response on Side 2
- 3. Section C: This section is available in the bottom of the OMR Side 1 Answer Sheet. Important Instructions were given on it for How to fill and Mark on Side 2 Answer Sheet at the bottom of the OMR Side 1 Answer Sheet
JNVST OMR Side 2 Details
JNVST OMR Side 2: OMR Answer Sheet Side 2 Contain the following Sections
- Section A: In this section to be filled by the Candidates
- Section B: In this section to be filled by the Invigilator
- Section C: Answer Sheet No. Box
- Section D. Answers (Marking Responses) Area ( 1 to 80 Questions responses)
- Section E: It is the Main Booklet Code
- Section F: Invigilator to put Center Stamp/Black
- Section G: In this section, a. Signature of Candidate in running hand and b. Signature of Invigilator is available
B. JNVST Instructions:
Below given instructions should be followed by a Candidate in the examination hall:
JNVST 2024 Test Booklet
The candidate must carefully read the instructions given on the cover page of the Test Booklet (Navodaya Entrance Exam Question Booklet) as well as those for each section before attempting the questions. Candidates are advised to confirm that the test booklet received by them is of the language opted for the test.
In case test booklet of correct language opted for is not provided, the candidate should get it changed before the start of the examination. It is the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the test booklet of his choice as opted in the application form. No representation in this regard will be entertained after the examination is over.
- 2 Hours Time: The total time would be two hours without any break. Additional time of 30 minutes will be allowed for “ Divyang students” (differently-abled students).
- 3 Sections: Securing qualifying marks in each of the three sections is essential.
- Advice: Candidates are advised not to spend more time on each section of the test than suggested, although they are free to adjust the total time, as they like.
- Bell: There will be a bell every 30 minutes.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear in the selection test without proper Admit Card.
- Candidates have to be seated in the allotted rooms latest by 11:00 a.m. Latecomers will not be permitted to appear for the test.
- No candidate will be permitted to leave the examination hall/room till the completion of the full allotted time.
- Language of the Examination: Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test is conducted in various languages state wise as the given list in the prospectus.
- A candidate will be given a test booklet in the language which he/she has mentioned in the NVS Admission Class Six Application form
Time Duration for JNVST
The selection test will be of two-hour duration from 11:30 am to 01:30 pm and will have 3 sections with only objective type questions (MCQ). There are 80 questions in all for 100 marks. A single test booklet comprising of all the three sections will be given to each candidate. Additional time of 30 minutes will be allowed for “ Divyang students” (differently-abled students)
C. Nature of the test of JNVST (Exam Pattern)
Section 1: Mental Ability Test (MAT)
Section 2: Arithmetic Test (AT)
Section 3: Language Test (LT)
|Type of Test||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
Mental ability Test (MAT)
Arithmetic Test (AT)
Language Test (LT)
|Total||80 Questions||100 Marks||2 Hours|
JNVST Section-1 Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- PART – I: ODD-MAN OUT
- PART – II: FIGURE MATCHING
- PART – III: PATTERN COMPLETION
- PART – IV: FIGURE SERIES COMPLETION
- PART – V: ANALOGY
- PART – VI: Geometrical Figure Completion (Triangle, Square, Circle)
- PART – VII: MIRROR IMAGING
- PART – VIII: PUNCHED HOLD PATTERN – Folding/Unfolding
- PART – IX: SPACE VISUALISATION
JNVST Section 2: Arithmetic Test
The main purpose of this test is to measure a candidate’s basic competencies in Arithmetic. All the Twenty questions of this test will be based on the following 15 topics
- The number and numeric system.
- Four fundamental operations on the whole number.
- The fractional number and four fundamental operations on them.
- Factors and multiples including their properties.
- LCM and HCF of numbers.
- Decimals and fundamental operations on them.
- Conversion of fractions to decimals and vice-versa.
- Measurement of length, mass, capacity, time, money etc.
- Distance, time and speed.
- Approximation of expressions.
- Simplification of Numerical Expressions,
- Percentage and its applications.
- Profit and loss.
- Simple interest.
- Perimeter, area and volume.
- Some Examples of Questions in the Arithmetic Section
a. Example – 1 (Test of Understanding): What is the prime factorization of 1000?
b. Example 2 (Test of Understanding): What is the average of the first four odd numbers?
c. Example 3 (Test of Application):
JNVST Section 3: Language Test
The main purpose of this test is to assess the reading comprehension of the candidates. The test consists of four passages. Each passage is followed by 5 questions. Candidates shall read each passage carefully and answer the questions
JNVST Admit Card instructions:
- No candidate will be allowed to the JNVS Test without the admit card under any circumstances. 2. Check the particulars in the NVS Exam Admit Card carefully. Error, if any, must be immediately reported.
- Gadgets Not Allowed: No electronic devices/gadgets except ordinary wristwatch are allowed in the Navodaya examination hall.
- Do not carry any article, except Admit Card and Black /Blue Ball Pen in the examination hall.
- Reporting Time: A candidate is required to report to the examination centre latest by 10:30 am.
- The total duration of the exam: The candidate will not be permitted to appear for the test if reports late. The total duration of the examination is 2 hours (11:30 am to 01:30 pm). However, in respect of candidates with special needs (Divyang), additional time of 30 minutes will be provided.
- Before answering, the candidate has to ensure that the question booklet contains 80 questions serially numbered from 1 to 80. In case of discrepancy, the candidate should immediately report the matter to the invigilator for replacement of the question paper.
- No Pencil: Use Blue/Black Ballpoint Pen only to write on OMR sheet. Use of Pencil is Strictly Prohibited.
- Darkens the circle: Each question is followed by four alternative answers, marked A, B, C & D. Candidate is required to select the one, that answers the question correctly and darkens that circle on OMR answer sheet.
- The Question paper of the same medium of examination as mentioned in the admit card may be collected and used. No change of medium of question paper is permitted.
- Attempt all questions: Candidate must attempt all questions of each section one has to qualify in each section separately.
- Candidate must fill Roll Number on JNVST OMR sheet as well as for NVS question paper.
- No change in the answer once marked is allowed. Overwriting, cutting and erasing on the answer sheet is NOT allowed.
- Use of White/correction fluid/eraser on the OMR sheet is not allowed.
- Do NOT make any stray mark on the OMR sheet.
- Hand over: The candidate shall not leave the hall before 13.30 Hrs and without handing over the JNVST OMR answer sheet and NVS Admit Card to the invigilator.
- Any candidate found either giving or receiving assistance or using unfair means during the exam will be disqualified. Any attempt for impersonation will also disqualify the candidature.
- Any attempt for impersonation will also disqualify the candidature.
- The candidate is provisionally allowed to appear for the test subject to the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria at the time of admission to class VI in JNVs after selection.
- Selection of candidate for admission in JNV concerned is as per prescribed NVS criteria
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the duration of time for Navodaya Entrance Exam?
The Duration Time is 2 Hours is for Navodaya Entrance Exam 2024.
What is the JNVST OMR Sheet?
The JNVST OMR Sheet is a special type of paper used for multiple-choice examinations. The sheet contains bubbles or circles that candidates have to darken using a pen or a pencil to mark their answers.
How is the JNVST OMR Sheet evaluated?
The JNVST OMR Sheet is evaluated using Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) software. The software reads the marked bubbles or circles and converts them into digital data, which is then evaluated, and the scores are generated.
Can I use a pencil to fill the JNVST OMR Sheet?
No, you cannot use a pencil to fill the JNVST OMR Sheet. You have to use a black or blue ballpoint pen to mark the bubbles or circles.
How can I download the JNVST OMR Sheet?
You can download the JNVST OMR Sheet from the official website of JNVST after the completion of the JNVST exam. You have to enter your roll number and other required details to download the OMR Sheet.
How much time is allotted to write the Navoday Entrance test?
2 Hours time is allotted to write the Navodaya Entrance test.
How many total questions in the NVS exam?
Total No. of Questions is 80 in the NVS Exam.
How many Questions contain the Question Booklet?
80 Questions contain the Question Booklet.
How many sections in the JNVST Exam Question Paper?
Total 3 Sections are in JNVST Exam Question Paper.
How many Questions in Section I (Mental Ability Test MAT) area of Navodaya Exam?
40 Questions in Section I (Mental Ability Test – MAT) area of Navodaya Exam.
How many Questions in Section II Arithmetic Test Area of Navodaya Exam?
20 Questions in Section II Arithmetic Test Area of Navodaya Exam.
How many Questions in Section III Language Test of Navodaya Exam?
20 Questions in Section III Language Test of Navodaya Exam.
What is the Language of NVS Exam?
Navodaya Entrance Exam would be conducted in multiple languages
What is the Time to Reporting to the Navodaya Examination Centre?
10.30 AM is reporting to the examination centre for appearing the Navodaya Examination.
What should be handed over to the invigilator after completion of the exam?
Candidate should handing over the JNVST OMR answer sheet and NVS Admit Card to the invigilator.
In conclusion, the JNV OMR Sheet 2024 is a crucial component of the JNVST selection process. It is essential to fill the OMR Sheet correctly to avoid any errors or mistakes.
Candidates should follow the instructions, marking scheme, and dos and don’ts while filling the NNS OMR Sheet. The OMR Sheets are evaluated using Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) software, which ensures accuracy and eliminates any chances of errors or biases. Candidates can download the JNVST OMR Sheet 2024 from the official website.