National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test, NEET PG Counselling 2024 dates for 50% of all India quota seats have been released by the Medical Counselling Committee.
Candidates who have qualified the NEET PG examination can check for more details and download the counselling schedule from the official website of MCC or NEET PG, mcc.nic.in.
The Medical Counselling Committee, MCC will be conducting the NEET PG Counselling in online mode for 50 percent of All India Quota, AIQ seats. The counselling schedule will be released by MCC and then the respective states will carry out the counselling.
The NEET counselling will be conducted for AIQ seats in government institutions, central universities, deemed to be universities, ESIC and AFMS Institutes. The remaining 50 per cent of seats are filled under the counselling process of the concerned state authorities.
- MCC has released the NEET PG Web Counselling notification for Registration, Web Option Entry and Seat Allotment.
- The committee would conduct NEET PG Web Counselling for deemed, central universities and AFMS seats available across the country.
- As per the web counselling schedule, the registration process would begin as per the revised schedule.
- The participating institutes must complete the process of verification of the seat matrix as per the revised schedule..
- The seat allotment result of the first round would be declared as per the revised schedule..
Total number of seats under NEET PG Counselling
With NEET PG Counselling, 50 percent of AIQ seats will be further divided into seats for Doctor of Medicine MD, Master of Surgery MS, PG Diploma and Diplomate of National Board DNB seats. The detailed number of seats has been given below
MCC would conduct a mop-up round for seats available with deemed and central universities from December 8 to 13. A total of two rounds of NEET PG Web Counselling would be conducted, followed by a mop-up round. NEET PG result was declared on September 29.
|Name of the counselling||NEET PG Web Counselling 2024|
|Title||Complete the NEET PG Counselling Registration 2024|
|Subject||MCC released NEET PG Web Counselling Schedule 2024|
|Counselling start from||March 2024|
For detailed counselling dates, candidates must check the official notification once and prepare accordingly.
The mop-up counselling results will be declared on December 18, and candidates with allotted seats will have to report to their respective institutes on or before December 26.
Candidates registering for NEET PG Counselling for admission MD, MS, Diploma, PG DNB courses will be required to pay two types of registration fees. Non refundable registration fee of Rs 1000 for UR/EWS candidates and Rs 500 for SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates and Rs 5,000 for Deemed University candidates.
A refundable security deposit of Rs 25,000 is to be paid by UR/EWS candidates, Rs 10,000 is to be paid the SC/ST/OBC/PwD category candidates, and Rs 2 lakh for Deemed University candidates. The security deposit will be refunded to candidates after joining the allotted college or if the candidate did not get any seat during counselling.
NEET PG Counselling Schedule
- The registration period for the first list will start on July 27 and finish on August 1 pursuant to the schedule.
- The option for choice filling or locking facility is scheduled to begin on July 28 and close on August 2.
- Seat allotment processes will take place from August 3 to August 4.
- The first seat allotment result will be made public on August 5.
NEET PG Eligibility criteria
To appear in the NEET PG Counselling candidates are needed to register from the MCC official website www.mcc.nic.in.
Aspirants should note that the non-refundable registration fees and Refundable Security Deposit are needed to be paid at the time of registration by candidates.
The refundable security deposit will be refunded to the candidates who do not claim seat allotment and the round-2 mop-up round and stray vacancy round will be forfeited. Reservation of seats under PwD Category will be 5 per cent as per Gazette Notification of MCI.
NEET-PG result was declared and the result for NEET MDS was announced. NEET PG Counselling is conducted as a centralized counselling for all State, UT and institutions. The counselling is organized on all India basis by the MCC for all India 50% quota seats.
Documents needed for NEET PG counselling 2024
- Copy of downloaded NEET-MDS/PG admit card
- NEET-MDS/PG mark sheet
- Nationality Certificate/valid passport or School leaving certificate of HSC/ class 12 indicating the nationality of the candidate as “Indian”
- BDS/MBBS degree
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent / Provisional Registration certificate of Maharashtra Medical Council or other State Medical Councils in India/MCI
- Certificate from Head of Institute showing that the college/ Institute from which the candidate has passed MBBS/MDS examination is recognized by Medical Council of India
- Medical fitness certificate
- Copy of receipt of online fee payment
NEET PG counselling to be held for 50% seats: The NEET PG counselling reservation for which the ongoing hearing will be for the All India Quota (AIQ) under which 50% of seats are reserved for PG students.
While 15% reservation is offered to SC, 7.5% is for ST category students. The new reservation will be added to the AIQ segment.
During the NEET PG counselling, candidates will have to specify their preferences for courses and colleges. Following this, the authority will allocate seats based on the selections made by the candidates.
Candidates who scored the NEET PG cutoff and cleared the postgraduate medical entrance examination will be eligible to participate in the NEET PG counselling.
The NEET PG counselling will be conducted for AIQ seats in government institutions, central universities, deemed universities, ESIC, and AFMS institutes across the country.
Students should also note that NEET PG and NEET MDS counselling will be held by MCC for seats that are 50 percentile score AIQ in government institutions, central universities, deemed universities, ESIC, and AFMS institutions. State counselling organisations will occupy 50 per cent of the state quota seats.
Who will do the NEET PG Counselling?
The counselling process will be done by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for 50% All India Quota seats for all State Govt. medical/ dental colleges/ institutes, except for Jammu and Kashmir as per the score obtained in NEET PG.
What after state quota counselling?
After State Quota counselling is over, MCC will conduct a Mop-Up counselling round for any vacant seats available.
What is New Reservation policy?
The government has approved reservations for OBC and EWS (economically weaker section students in All India Quota for medical admissions. Now, for admission to both graduate (MBBS, BDS), postgraduate and diploma level medical courses students hailing from other backward class categories (OBC) will get 27%, and those from the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) will get 10% reservation.