NIMCET NIT MCA Common Entrance Test, a National Level Test conducted by NITs for admission in to their MCA programme. The admission to the MCA programme in to NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal for the year 2020-2021 is based on the Rank obtained in NIMCET-2020 only.
National Institutes of Technology (NITs) are Institutes of National Importance and are Centrally Funded Technical Institutes. The Curriculum and Syllabi of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme offered by NITs are designed considering the needs of different Information Technology firms in India and abroad. MCA graduates have a high potential for jobs in the IT Sector.
Eligibility Criteria to Appear For NIMCET 2020
Indian Nationals securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scales (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale in case of SC/ ST) in (i) B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT of minimum three years full-time from a recognized University with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects
(ii) B.E./ B.Tech. from a recognized University are eligible to appear for NIMCET-2020. Conversion of scored marks from CGPA to percentage and vice-versa is not permitted. (CGPA other than the 10-point scale will be converted to a 10-point scale based on Unitary method)
NIMCET 2020 (Last date: 31.03.2020):
Admissions to Master of Computer Application (MCA) Programme at NITs are open to those who qualify in NIMCET-2020 only.
Application fee: Rs.1100 for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates and Rs. 2200 for Open/ OBC candidates.
Online application: 01.03.2020 to 31.03.2020.
Date of Examination: 27.05.2020.
NIMCET NIT MCA COMMON ENTRANCE TEST
- Candidate can only login through the email-id provided during the registration process.
- Candidate can reset his/her password in case he/she forgets the password.
- After login, the candidate can view his profile and start filling the application form.
- It is advised to read the FAQ and information brochure before filling the application form.
How to Apply:
Admission to the M.C.A. programme of the eleven NITs is done through a common entrance test NIMCET. Candidates must apply for NIMCET-2020 through ‘Online’ only and they must follow the instructions strictly as given in the website https://www.nimcet.in.
- Reopening of online registration Tuesday, 02/06/2020 [12:00] Noon
- Last date for online submission of Application Form Thursday, 11/06/2020 [up to 5 pm]
- Availability of Admit card on web for download Monday, 20/07/2020 to Friday, 07/08/2020
- Date and Time of Examination (The date is tentative subject to the situation of the pandemic at that time) Sunday, 09/08/2020, [Time: 10.00 am to 12 noon] May be conducted in online mode
- Date of Publication of Result (Tentative) On or before Sunday, 23/08/2020
- Choice filling Tuesday, 25/08/2020 to Saturday, 29/08/2020 [upto 5 pm]
NIMCET 2020: National Institutes of Technology (NITs) are Institutions of National Importance Under MHRD, Govt. of India. The NIMCET is a Common Entrance National Level Test, conducted by any of the NITs, for admission into their MCA programme.
The MCA programme is offered by NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal. The admission into the MCA programme for the year 2020-19 in above 11 NITs is based on the Rank obtained in NIMCET-2020 only.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details