NIMCET 2023 notification has been released by by the National Institute of Technology, Raipur. Candidates who are interested in pursuing a Master’s degree in Computer Applications course can register themselves on the official site, nimcet.in. NIT MCA Common Entrance Test, NIMCET Registration begins on March 11.
Candidates are advised to thoroughly check the information brochure for NIMCET before filling the online NIMCET Registration form. The NIMCET Registration process involves signing up, filling in details, uploading the documents and application fee payment.
NIMCET is a National Level Test conducted by NITs for admission in to their MCA programme. The admission to the MCA programme in to NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal for the year 2023-2023 is based on the Rank obtained in NIMCET only.
National Institutes of Technology (NITs) are Institutes of National Importance and are Centrally Funded Technical Institutes. The Curriculum and Syllabi of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme offered by NITs are designed considering the needs of different Information Technology firms in India and abroad. MCA graduates have a high potential for jobs in the IT Sector.
|Name of the CET||NIMCET 2023|
|Title||Apply for the NIT MCA Entrance Test 2023|
|Subject||NIT released the NIMCET Exam 2023 notification|
|Last date to apply||May 2023|
|Exam date||June 2023|
Eligibility Criteria to Appear For NIMCET: Indian Nationals securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scales (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale in case of SC/ ST) in (i) B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT of minimum three years full-time from a recognized University with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects
(ii) B.E./ B.Tech. from a recognized University are eligible to appear for NIMCET. Conversion of scored marks from CGPA to percentage and vice-versa is not permitted. (CGPA other than the 10-point scale will be converted to a 10-point scale based on Unitary method). Admissions to Master of Computer Application (MCA) Programme at NITs are open to those who qualify in NIMCET only. Application fee: Rs.1100 for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates and Rs.2200 for Open/ OBC candidates.
- Candidate can only login through the email-id provided during the registration process.
- Candidate can reset his/her password in case he/she forgets the password.
- After login, the candidate can view his profile and start filling the application form.
- It is advised to read the FAQ and information brochure before filling the application form.
How to Apply: Admission to the M.C.A. programme of the eleven NITs is done through a common entrance test NIMCET. Candidates must apply for NIMCET-2020 through ‘Online’ only and they must follow the instructions strictly as given in the website https://www.nimcet.in.
During the NIMCET Registration process, candidates must upload essential documents such as photograph, signature, and scanned document files of identity proof, mark sheets, and category certificate (if applicable).
Steps to complete the online NIMCET Registration process:
- Visit the website of NIMCET, as mentioned above.
- Click on the New Registration link flashing on the homepage.
- Enter the details in the required field to complete the signing up process.
- If you have already registered for NIMCET, click on login.
- Enter your email ID and password provided during the first step.
- Fill in the details, upload documents and make the application fee payment.
- Click on submit to complete the NIMCET Registration process.
- Take a print of the NIMCET submitted application form for future reference.
- Opening date for online Registration Monday, 04-04-2023.
- Last date for online submission of Application: 09-05-2023.
- Availability of Admit card on web for download: 06-06-2023.
- Date of Online Examination at the allotted centers: 20-06-2023.
- Date of Publication of Result: 05-07-2023.
NIMCET: National Institutes of Technology (NITs) are Institutions of National Importance Under MHRD, Govt. of India. The NIMCET is a Common Entrance National Level Test, conducted by any of the NITs, for admission into their MCA programme.
The MCA programme is offered by NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal. The admission into the MCA programme in above 11 NITs is based on the Rank obtained in NIMCET only.