NISHTHA Teachers Training Programme 2020 – NISHTHA means National Initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement. HRD Minister launched ‘NISHTHA’ Teachers Training Programme. NISHTHA is a capacity building programme for “Improving Quality of School Education through Integrated Teacher Training”. It aims to build competencies among all the teachers and school principals at the elementary stage.
The functionaries (at the state, district, block, cluster level) shall be trained in an integrated manner on learning outcomes, school based assessment, learner – centred pedagogy, new initiatives in education, addressing diverse needs of children through multiple pedagogies, etc. This will be organized by constituting National Resource Groups (NRGs) and State Resource Groups (SRGs) at the National and the State level who will be training 42 lakhs teachers subsequently. A robust portal/Management Information System (MIS) for delivery of the training, monitoring and support mechanism will also be infused with this capacity building initiative.
The objectives of Nishtha mega-training programme:
The Nishtha mega-training programme is different from other training programmes in terms of its objectives, vision as well as the whole format of execution. The objectives of Nishtha mega-training programme are:
- To equip all the elementary stage teachers on learning outcomes, school based assessment, learner centred pedagogy, new initiatives in education and addressing diverse needs of children through multiple pedagogies, etc.
- To monitor and provide extensive support to the teachers using multiple modes up to the classroom level, in view of improving learning outcomes of the students.
- To orient state functionaries and school principlas on learning outcomes, national achievement survey, learner- centred pedagogy and new initiatives in school education so that they are able to monitor schools and extend support to schools for the implementation of new initiatives.
Nishtha mega- training and it benefit:
NISHTHA Teachers Training Programme 2020 will be conducted for teachers, school principals, SMCs and state/district/block/cluster level functionaries and the programme will benefit the elementary school education through following ways:
1.All the teachers, principals, block resource coordinators, cluster resource coordinators working at the elementary stage will be covered for training on learner-centred pedagogy, learning outcomes, improving social personal qualities of children, school based assessment, new initiatives, school safety and security and pedagogies of different subjects, etc.
2.Similarly all the faculty members of DIETs, SCERTs, IASEs. CTEs, etc. will be covered for training on learner- centred pedagogy, learning outcomes, improving social personal qualities of children, school based assessment, new initiatives and pedagogies of different subjects, etc.
Monitoring and Support:
An integrated monitoring and support mechanisms involving BRCs, CRCs, NGOs, KVs, NVs and CBSE schools will be set up at each stage to see whether the interventions provided during the training programme reach to classroom level.
a. National Resource Person (NRP): Educationists, Subject-Experts and Teacher Educators drawn from National level Institutions such as NCERT, NIEPA, etc.
b. Key Resource Person (KRP): Faculty members of SCERTs, DIETs, IASEs, CTEs and Teachers from Senior Secondary Schools identified by the states/UTs for building their capacities by the National Resource Persons.
Modalities of transaction of Nishtha mega training programme:
This programme will be conducted in customized cascade mode, in which National Resource Group of Experts will train Key Resource Persons (identified by the state/ UT for further teacher training) and State Resource Persons (identified by the state/ UT for further training of school principals and other functionaries). These KRPs and SRPs will directly train teachers and school principals. Master trainer’s layer will be not be there in between. This will help in reducing the high percentage of communication loss which existed earlier, due to many layers.
The main expected outcomes from NISHTHA are:
- Improvement in learning outcomes of the students.
- Creation of an enabling and enriching inclusive classroom environment
- Teachers become alert and responsive to the social, emotional and psychological needs of students as first level counselors.
- Teachers are trained to use Art as pedagogy leading to increased creativity and innovation among students.
- Teachers are trained to develop and strengthen personal-social qualities of students for their holistic development.
- Creation of healthy and safe school environment.
- Integration of ICT in teaching learning and assessment.
- Developing stress free School Based Assessment focused on development of learning competencies.
- Teachers adopt Activity Based Learning and move away from rote learning to competency based learning.
- Teachers and School heads become aware of new initiatives in school education.
- Transformation of the Heads of Schools into providing academic and administrative leadership for the schools for fostering new initiatives.
HRD Minister Message on NISHTHA Teachers Training Programme: Teacher has an important place in school education. We remember our teachers with respect and gratitude. They have always been a source of inspiration for us. The Guru-Shishya tradition of India has kept many such examples in front of us which inspire our teachers and students even today. In the present scenario, our expectations from teachers have increased exponentially We want our teachers to not only develop in our students twenty first century skills but also promote in them the positive attitude towards social harmony and nation building We also expect from our teachers to become a role model for the promotion of moral and ethical values in students and society
It is a matter of great pleasure for me that the Department of School Education and Literacy in collaboration with National Council of Educational Research and Training, utilizing their innovative experiences in the field of curriculum and teacher education, is going to impart integrated training for 42 lakh teachers and school heads serving at the elementary level in government schools, who in turn will make collective efforts towards improving learning outcomes of students This National initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers Holistic Advancement entitled NISHTHA is a praiseworthy step wherein National Council for Educational Research and Training. National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti and Central Board of Secondary Education are working together for making this training successful
This programme is being conducted in collaboration with the States and Union Territories From this programme, teachers all over the country will not only get to know about the new initiatives in school education but will also learn how to teach subjects using child-centered pedagogies integrating concerns such as personal-social qualities, health and well-being school based assessment, etc
I expect NISHTHA to convey this message to every teacher at the elementary stage that it is important to keep in view the context of every student so that they stay connected to their Cultural roots while we educate them to become global citizens extend my best wishes to all the officials and academicians who are involved in this training for its successful implementation.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details