NSF North South Foundation Scholarships for Excellence for Indian Students 2020: NSF College Merit Scholarships-North South Foundation (NSF) provides scholarships to undergraduate students entering into engineering, medicine or 3-year polytechnic (diploma in engineering.) based on merit and financial need. NSF uses uniform eligibility criteria to identify meritorious students across chapters.
NSF announces 2020-2021 scholarships: North South Foundation (NSF) provides scholarships to undergraduate students entering into engineering, medicine or 3-year polytechnic (diploma in engineering.) based on merit and financial need.
NSF uses uniform eligibility criteria to identify meritorious students across chapters. NSF has distributed more than 3000 scholarships to students who need financial support to pursue their quest for knowledge in their chosen fields.
The scholarship is an annual award and not a one-time payment. The student is eligible for the scholarship until graduation as long as he/she maintains high academic standards. NSF funds these scholarships by raising donations in the US.
The local chapters located in various states in India do the commendable job of advertising to invite applications from students, screening these applications and selecting the neediest group of students who eventually become NSF scholarship recipients. Scholarship amounts range from INR 5,000 to INR 15,000 per student year.
Before 2010 there were 10 active chapters in the following cities: Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Hyderabad, Jodhpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Madurai, Nagercoil, and Pune. In 2010 6 new chapters were started in Chandigarh, Patna, Moradabad, Guwahati, Patiala, and Udaipur. You can volunteer to help start a new chapter anywhere in India.
Eligibility criteria for NSF college scholarships are listed below:
Apart from reviewing academic records and income statements, NSF will also review the special circumstances under which the student is submitting his / her application. No assistance is provided for students at the high school level and those at the graduate (Master’s) level in this category of scholarships.
1. Applicants are among the top 10% in 10th and 12th and CET / NEET / JEE ranks in your state
2. Applicants’ annual family income is less than Rs. 1,00,000
3. Applicants have secured admission to professional courses like Engineering, Architecture, Medicine (MBBS, BAMS, and BDS), B.V.Sc., B. Pharmacy, B.Sc (Agriculture), B.Sc (Nursing), Diploma in Engineering and Diploma in Agriculture in a Government College (including seats in Government Aided Colleges) and do not receive any other aid or scholarship.
- Preference to students coming from government schools and colleges
- Preference for fresh students going to government colleges
- Preference to students getting the top rank in the first attempt
- Preference to students not getting other scholarships
- North-South Foundation is the last resort for financial assistance to a needy student
- Candidates are shortlisted based on their applications and will be called for an interview along with their parents for final selection.
How to apply:
To fill your online application you MUST have an email id. If you do not have an email id, you can create one on mail.google.com -> CREATE AN ACCOUNT. You need to remember this email-id and password for future use. Additionally, you will receive emails from NSF only at the email id you provide.
A. Fresh Applicants:
Online registration of applications is a must. Applications which are not registered online shall not be considered for grant of scholarships and summarily rejected.
All relevant documents viz.
- College Admission Card
- CET/JEE rank card
- Bonafide certificate from the college into which candidate secured admission
- Certificates showing marks secured from class 10th to 12th duly attested
- Proof of tuition fee paid /payable annually duly certified by college authorities
- Income Certificate issued by a Revenue Official or any other competent authority
- Ration card / Aadhar card
- Two passport size photographs
- One family photo with the family standing in front of the house they live in, and
- Reservation Class card duly certified, if the entrance exam rank card does not have the reservation class
- must invariably be enclosed and submitted to respective chapters.
- Applications not properly filled up and containing gaps shall be liable for rejection
B. Renewal Applicants:
1. Bonafide certificate from the college marks memo of the previous year/semesters, conduct certificate and fees paid receipt/s for the current year should be obtained and forwarded along with hard copies of renewal applications.
2. Applications not properly filled up and containing gaps shall be liable for rejection. Online registration of renewal applications is a must.
3. Conduct certificates duly certified by the Principal and passing of all subjects in one attempt without any backlog is a prerequisite for granting renewal scholarships.
During 2016-17 it was stipulated that all the scholarship recipients should spend 80 hours serving the poor through a registered NGO. While forwarding renewal applications the students should enclose.
- A certificate from the NGO that he/she had performed 80 hours of service to the poor giving full details about what the student did during the 80 hours.
- The student should also submit a detailed report on the experience gained during the Seva Programme of 80 hours.
The last date for scholarship application is 31-12-2020