ONGC Foundation Fellowship for Fellows and Coordinator under this scheme. If you seek challenge, thrive in unstructured environments, and enjoy independent problem-solving, this is the program for you. If you’re a person looking to gain hands-on experience and a unique glimpse of what working in the Indian development sector looks like, then this is the program for you.
If you’re looking to learn about a very different aspect of development work and India, and you’re willing to let this guide you beyond your time of service, then you should consider applying.
If you are eager to stretch beyond your current professional strengths and skills, apply them in different projects and fields, and acquire new skills along the way, then this is the program for you.
If you are committed to service and believe in the value of supporting others to achieve their goals, and if you’re willing to be challenged beyond what you can conceive of, you are in the right place.
Fellows are the face of ONGC Foundation. They will be the champions of the cause, crusaders of care and the custodians of ONGC Foundation. Wondering how we find these change-makers?
- Excited about people! Love enabling others. Love building teams
- Highly Participative. Willing to be deeply involved in social work
- Enthusiastic, Passionate and Optimistic!
- Loves being on-ground. Has a great perspective. Ready to represent ONGC Foundation in any forum!
- Thrives on growth. Excited about learning and levelling up!
- Great communicator. Good articulation. Love mobilizing.
The Fellowship Program would: The ONGC Fellowship is an incredible journey that empowers you to multiply your impact exponentially in the social ecosystem. In this journey, you will get to take charge of your personal growth and that of others around you.
As a Fellow, you are the epitome of care in your city. You are the champion of the cause and the custodian of the ONGC culture. You are a compulsive collaborator who loves to inspire, support and work with other like-minded people to create an impact that lives on beyond you.
- Provide young professionals with an opportunity to work with ONGC Foundation and Implementation Partners create positive change and give a potential start to a career in the development sector.
- Provide ONGC Foundation and Partner organizations with young talents who can support the organizations with their skill sets.
- The fellows will get hands-on experience of grassroots challenges and implementation modules which will help them in charting a worthy social work career.
- Fellows continue to be change agents even after the duration of the fellowship, are seen as thought leaders, stay connected to social justice, contribute to innovation, programmes and policies, and continue to give back to their organizations and society at large.
How will the Fellows benefit from the Fellowship program?
Apart from the fact that this will be an experience of a lifetime.
- Meet more amazing ONGCians from other cities and find the one collective where you truly belong.
- You can be a role model for others, who needs your support now and you’ll extend your impact the same across the nation.
- Find your true calling in life, build skills to get there and grow into the best possible version of yourself.
Duration of the project: 12 Months (January 2020 to December 2020 proposed)
How Fellows Will Be Engaged? What You Exactly Need To Do?
The fellowship programme is focused on providing an experience wherein fellows are educated in becoming social change leaders to impact at least a million lives positively. The core belief of the program is that the only way we can ensure all lives are improved is if we have committed and skilled people in large impact roles, who can collaborate and innovate to solve such problems at scale.
Project Activities: This is a full-time position for passionate fellows who are concerned about social causes. The responsibilities of fellows will include:
- Implementation of projects developed by ONGC Foundation on the ground level.
- Coordinating and communicating with the local government authorities.
- Require to travel for implementing and reviewing the projects.
- Documentation and reporting as per program need.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of on groundwork
- Any other work that may be necessary to further the aims of the fellowship program.
Fellowship Programme Overview
The ONGC Fellows Programme is a 1-year program offers positions for 11 fellows and 1 coordinator for motivated change-makers who are aspiring to build a successful career aligned with nation-building. It is a unique program that has been custom-designed to fit the needs of each participant. It combines intensive on-the-job experience, an innovative learning curriculum, personalized exposure to ground reality and mentoring and access to an extensive network of ONGC Operational centres and aspirational district.
To manage, 5 fellows for operational work and 1 coordinator will be appointed for ONGC Foundation Delhi and other 6 fellows will be assigned to the following Aspirational district and work location of ONGC Foundation, as below;
|No. of Fellows Required||Location||Aspirational districts/Work centre|
|1||Jharkhand||Bokaro and one another Aspirational district|
|1||Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu||Karaikal and Ramnad|
|1||Andhra Pradesh||Visakhapatnam and Kakinada|
Eligibility Criteria For Ongc Fellowship Programme 2020:
To be eligible for this fellowship program, we seek Fellowship applicants from a variety of backgrounds, both professionally and personally, to join the interdisciplinary cohort.
|Citizen||Candidate must -be an Indian citizen||Candidate must -be an Indian citizen|
|Age||Between 22 to 27 years of age by January 1 st 2020||Between 28 to 35 years of age by January 1 st 2020|
|Qualification||Postgraduate qualification in any field with a must-experience of Volunteering/ Internship with NGOs.Proficient in computer skill and office tools, emails and understanding of social media usage.||Postgraduate qualification in any field with a must-experience of Volunteering/ Internship with NGOs.Work experience of 3 years and above will be considered proficient in computer skill and office tools, emails and social media knowledge.|
|Language||Good communication in English, Hindi and Local languages of operational areas may apply for this fellowship||Exhibiting proven fluency in English and Hindi may apply for this fellowship|
|Honorarium||Selected fellows will be provided with fellowship stipend and project expenses amount of INR 25,000/- per month. Taxes and statutory deductions will apply.||Selected fellows will be provided with fellowship stipend and project expenses amount of INR 50,000/- per month. Taxes and statutory deductions will apply.|
|Flexibility||Be ready to be placed in any part of the country and in any thematic area||Be ready to be placed in any part of the country and in any thematic area|
What are the fellowship requirements?
Fellows are expected to complete the following during their service:
- Meeting or exceeding expectations of the Fellowship, including upholding their commitment to ONGC Foundation
- Promotion of academic talent by incentivization
- Participation at Orientation, Midpoint, and Endpoint, and other program-related events
- Adherence to the policies and agreements
- Full completion of the Fellowship program
- Timely submission of reports and other program deliverables
- Prompt settlement of finances and logistical items throughout the Fellowship
- Completion of end of service documents and presentations
- All Fellows are expected to complete the full program while upholding basic values and principles of trust, honesty, and integrity. Fellows are expected to embrace and engage with multiple challenges, and take a lot of initiative in the structuring and completion of their projects.
*Candidate having the knowledge of creative designing, Professional course certification or diploma will be an added advantage
Apply If You’re Excited About ONGC Fellowship programme, Here’s what we look for FELLOWS as personality traits;
- Candidates should demonstrate a deep interest, passion, and commitment to social and economic development in India.
- Candidates must show humility and an eagerness to learn within a cross-cultural context.
- Ideal candidates possess strong professional skills, relevant volunteer or other practical experience, and applicable academic credentials or training.
- They demonstrate a strong commitment to service and are entrepreneurial, innovative, and creative in finding solutions in under-resourced organizational environments.
Here’s what we look for the position of COORDINATOR, as personality traits;
We are looking for dynamic, engaged and driven individuals who possess a high degree of intellectual curiosity and service-oriented humility.
An individual with a profound sense of purpose regardless of the scale and scope of the challenge. Candidate must be proficient in analytical, data handling and creative designing.
Candidate with knowledge of people management will be added advantage.
- Are you someone who loves to pilot and implement new things?
- Are you an aspiring pioneer who is not afraid to lead the way?
- Does the word self-starter describe you best?
- Do you thrive on uncertainty?
- Are you a team leader?
Fellows complete a rigorous, two-stage selection process where they are evaluated for core competencies that, according to our internal data, are essential for success within and beyond the Fellowship. Competencies include demonstrated leadership, critical thinking, grit, and commitment to our mission.
The selection process involves two steps:
- Filling the application form and written assignment
- Assessment day and personal interview
The final selections will be announced only after the personal interview, at least seven days prior to the commencement date of the fellowship.
Training and Support:
The Fellowship is a challenging and incredibly transformational experience for both our Fellows and coordinator.
ONGC Foundation will provide Fellows and Coordinator with extensive training and support throughout the course of the Fellowship. Designed to equip Fellows with the knowledge, skills and mindsets to become successful change-makers and leaders.
Fellows undergo a rigorous three days Induction/training program that focuses on ONGC operational work and leadership development. At Foundation, Fellows are not only introduced to the pedagogical foundations of classroom instruction (e.g. planning, vision setting, work culture) and content instruction, but they also begin to internalize the mindsets and beliefs needed to drive transformational change within different thematic areas and its projects across aspirational district and work centre. Additionally, they get an opportunity to practice their managerial skill at ground level during the fellowship period.
Throughout a year, Fellows and coordinator will receive ongoing support through a combination of in-person work experience by exposure visit in aspirational district and work centres as well as an understanding of core work profile by meeting the direct beneficiaries on ground and resources. In addition, Fellow has a full-time Coordinator who provides on the ground, intensive technical, leadership and emotional support.
Application Process: Terms And Conditions (Guidelines)
- Fellowship terms must be RECEIVED BY 11:59 pm EST on January 05th 2020. After the initial application form submission, on the basis of an application submitted, shortlisted applicants will be invited for an on-site interview.
- Applicants, who applied as per the location preferences, must ensure the local language is must.
- Invited applicants will be scheduled for on-site interviews by the first week of January 06th 2020
- Notification will be made via email to all applicants once their application is complete. Keep yourself updated on mails.
- Notification of application status (i.e. interview) will also be made by email. Final decisions for the Fellowship will be made on or around January 15th 2020 and Fellowship Programme 2020 will kick start from 10th February 2020.
If you are doing exceptional work in your field of choice and are now looking for meaningful ways to contribute to social change, do read our eligibility criteria and apply. Review the Application Guidelines and Instructions and complete each component of the application:
Applications must be complete upon submission. Applications missing any of the information listed below will not be reviewed. Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check prior to hire. Required documents for submission are as follows:
- A one-page statement of interest/write-up with an emphasis on how your chosen fellowship relates to your career goals and towards nation-building.
- Copy of Educational documents
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applications are only considered received upon email confirmation from us. Selection in a fellowship programme doesn’t imply any confirmation of job in ONGC or ONGC Foundation. (While serving the fellowship or at any later stage) : Source: ONGC
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- What qualifications does the Applicant need?
Applicants are expected to have a master’s degree or management degree in any stream by the time they take up a Fellowship.
- How does the application process?
The application is a highly competitive, two-stage process consisting of an online application, an in-person interview for short-listed candidates. Please review the scheme for a step-by-step guide.
- When will the applicant receive a message?
ONGC aims to contact all applicants by 1st week of January 2020. Please ensure the email address you include in your application is valid, and check your junk mail, as bulk-generated mailings may end up there.
- Is there an interview?
The interview consists of a panel interview and a group assessment. Attendance at both is essential and you should plan to be at the venue for a full day.
- Can the applicant postpone his/her placement?
No, ONGC does not offer to defer Fellowships. However, we would not discriminate against a candidate if they had previously turned down an offer.
- Will applicant receive training prior to taking up post?
ONGC Foundation holds an Induction session for three days after the result announcement in Delhi and covers topics related to fellowship programme 2020.
- Do fellows travel for their projects?
Travel depends entirely on the project and fellows placed location to the aspirational districts and nearby districts as and when the project required Some placements require travel to villages in surrounding areas or remote regions for fieldwork, while others are more administrative, requiring little to no travel within a regular office setting. Again others may require constant travel to various partner offices and field sites. When selecting preferences for projects, Fellows should carefully consider whether they have any restrictions to frequent travel and might need to be based in one place.
- What is the vacation policy?
Fellows are entitled to have a one leave in a month throughout the program, participants are expected to remain in India for the entire duration of the program. Out of country travel is not permitted during the course of the Fellowship.
- Can I complete the fellowship while pursuing a degree?
Because the Fellowship is a full-time professional commitment for 12 months, Fellows cannot be pursuing academic coursework during the Fellowship. The fellowship is not eligible for course credit. However, candidates who are considering taking a sabbatical or gap year after their Master degree course to pursue the Fellowship are eligible to apply.