PCRA Essay Writing Competitions 2020: PCRA National Level Essay Writing Competitions for School Children: Petroleum Conservation Research Association, under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Govt. of India, is committed to making oil conservation a National Movement. As a part of its mandate, various literary and cultural events are conducted for school students.
The Essay writing, Painting and Quiz competitions aim to raise awareness among youth about practical conservation tips for the conservation of Petroleum products in industrial, transportation, agriculture and domestic sectors, and how to practice such conservation in their daily lives.
For effective communication, students may choose to present their ideas and messages for conserving petroleum products and reducing emissions, in English, Hindi or Regional languages.
Four Competitions are being conducted by PCRA
A : Essay
B : Painting
C : Quiz for selecting school District, State and Zonal teams. Zonal teams shall participate for
D: Individual Quiz for achieving Bronze, Silver or Gold Level.
#Awards: Trip to Singapore, Laptops, Tablets and Cash Prizes of Rs.1 Lakhs, Certificates and Gift Vouchers
Hindi, English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Maithili, Dogri, Nepali, Bodo and Santhali.
COMPETITION A -ESSAY COMPETITIONS INSTRUCTIONS
1. Only schools in India recognized by Central & State Boards of India, can participate.
2. It is mandatory for the Schools to conduct the competition during school hours in a fair manner
(Principal’s certificate is mandatory).
3. Languages for Essay:
Schools can conduct Essay competitions in one or more of the following languages- Hindi, English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Maithili, Dogri, Nepali, Bodo and Santhali. However, a minimum of 15 students must participate in each language in which the school submits its entry.
Students of classes 8 – 10.
5. One student can participate in only one language.
6. Essay should not exceed 700 words.
7. Student must submit essay in his/her own handwriting.
Oil Conservation towards the healthy and better environment (तल सरण स बहतर जीवन व पयावरण)
9. Time Limit: 1 Hour
10. School is required to evaluate the entries, and upload the best two entries in each language, in which the competition has been conducted at the school, on www.pcracompetitions.org. For further details, please refer to this portal.
Eligibility: PCRA Essay Writing Competitions 2020:
Students of classes 6th to 9th are eligible to participate in the competition through their school only. No individual entry will be entertained & schools can participate in either or both (Essay and Painting) Competitions.
11. Competition Period: 01.07.2019 to 30.09.2019
Last entry on or before 30.09.2019.
12. The topic of the essay competition may be displayed prominently, at least a week in advance. School to advise students to prepare in advance for the scheduled competition. This shall enable the participants to obtain relevant information from various sources. This exercise is focused on increasing awareness in young minds for the National cause of Conservation of Fuel and Environment protection.
Please check our portal www.pcracompetitions.org or website www.pcra.org/competitions.html for more details or contact PCRA on: 011-26715360 or email : email@example.com
1. The decision of the Jury/Expert committee appointed by PCRA will be ﬁnal and binding in respect of all matters concerning the competition.
2. Plagiarism will lead to cancellation of entry.
3. In case the participation in a particular language is very low, the prize-winning entries shall be evaluated by an expert/ jury, appointed by PCRA. If the best entries do not conform to the general standard of entries in other languages, PCRA reserves its right to rationalize the prizes for that particular language. The decision of PCRA in this regard will be ﬁnal and binding.
4. The entries submitted would be the sole property of PCRA, with the right to use and the right to edit for any purpose it considers appropriate.
5. Children of employees of PCRA are not eligible for the prizes.
Schools should try to hold the competitions as early as possible to avoid the last-minute rush in submission.
6. The ﬁnal results shall be announced in December 2019. The awards will be distributed during the Saksham month period 16.01.2019 to 15.02.2019.
PCRA Essay, Painting and Quiz Competitions
Kindly conduct the competitions at the earliest preferably in the Telugu language so as to increase the maximum participation.
PCRA National Competitions details @ http://www.pcracompetitions.org/