ST Pre Matric Scholarship 2022 or Pre Matric Scholarship for ST Students – Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Pre-Matric Scholarship for Needy Scheduled Tribe (ST) Students Studying in Classes IX & X was launched by Ministry of Tribal Affairs and is dedicated to ST Students.
The Scheme is funded by the Central government. This scheme is applicable for Scheduled Tribe (ST) students studying in Classes IX & X. ST students can avail this scheme by contacting Head of the Institution or School. Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme implemented through States/UTs who are responsible for Inviting applications from students online through State Portal or National Scholarship Portal, check eligibility verification and disbursement of scholarship to eligible ST students directly to their bank accounts through DBT.
Funds are released by this Ministry to the State Governments/UTs based on their proposal comprising of Statement of Expenditure, Furnishing of Utilization Certificate and Uploading of beneficiary data on DBT Portal. Scholarship under the Scheme will be available for studies in India only and will be awarded by the Government of the State/ Union Territory to which the applicant belongs i.e. where she/he is domiciled.
|Name of the Scholarship||Pre Matric Scholarship for ST 2022|
|Title||Pre Matric Scholarship for ST Students 2022|
|Subject||MoTA has released Pre Matric Scholarships for ST Students 2022 notification|
|Department||Ministry of Tribal Affairs|
|Last date to apply||15-12-2021|
|Apply for PMS ST||Apply at State Scholarship official website|
The ST category students who are domiciles of each state can avail benefits under this scholarship scheme for their studies in class 9 and 10. The key objective of this scholarship is to support the studies of needy students belonging to ST category. The students must be pursuing full-time regular studies in a government school or a school recognised by the government or central/state board of secondary education. The annual family income should not be more than Rs 2 lakh from all sources.
- Provider details: Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India
- Eligibility: ST students of Class 9 and 10
- Award details: Up to Rs.350 per month and books/ ad-hoc grant of up to Rs.1,000 per annum
- Application mode: Online through the National Scholarship Portal
- Application timeline: Between January and March (tentative)
Main objective of the scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to support the parents of ST children for the education of their wards studying in classes IX and X in order to avoid the following:
- The incidence of drop-out, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized, and
- To improve participation of ST children in classes IX and X of the Pre Matric stage, so that they perform better and have a better chance of progressing to the Post-Matric stage of education.
The main features of the scheme are as under:
The scheme is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme under Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA), Govt. of India, implemented by the State Governments and Union Territory Administrations. It is applicable to the ST students studying in Class IX & X only. And the scholarship is awarded by the State Govterment to which the Scheduled Tribe student belongs.
- Applicable to students who are studying in Classes IX – X.
- Parental income from all sources should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakhs per annum.
- Scholarships are paid @ Rs.225/- per month for Day Scholars and @ Rs.525/- per month for Hostellers, for a period of 10 months in a year.
- Funds shared at the ratio of 75:25 between the Centre and State Governments/UT and in ratio of 90:10 for NE and Specially Category States/UTs (UT of Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand). For UT without legislature 100% grant is given by Centre.
- Student should belong to Scheduled Caste/Tribe.
- The scholarship is available for studies in India only.
- Her/his Parents’/Guardian’s income should not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh per annum.
- She/he should not be getting any other Centrally-funded Pre-Matric Scholarship.
- She/ he should be a regular, full-time student studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by Govt. or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, she/he would not get the scholarship for that class for a second (or subsequent) year.
Value of Scholarship
The value of scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course:-
- Scholarship and other grant,
- additional allowance for students with disabilities studying in private un-aided recognized schools.
The details are given below: (i) Scholarship and other grant:
|Scholarship for 10 months (Rs per month)||150||350|
|Books and Adhoc grant (Rs per annum)||750||1000|
(ii) Additional Provision for ST/SC students with disabilities studying in Private Unaided Schools: Under the Centrally-sponsored Scheme of ‘Inclusive Education of the Disabled at Secondary Stage’ (IEDSS) implemented by the M/o HRD, assistance @ Rs.3000/- p.a. is already being given under its “Student Oriented Component” to students with disabilities studying at the Secondary stage in Govt., local body and Govt. aided schools.
However, students in un-aided schools are not covered under IEDSS. Therefore, ST. students with disabilities , studying in classes IX & X in private un-aided recognized schools, will be eligible for allowances under this Scheme, as follows:
|Allowance for students with disabilities studying in Private Un-aided Schools||Amount (in Rs)|
|(i) Monthly Reader Allowance for Blind students||160|
|(ii) Monthly Transport Allowance for students with disabilities (as defined in the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995), if such students do not reside in the hostel which is within the premises of the Educational institution.||160|
|(iii)Monthly Escort Allowance for Severely Disabled (i.e. with 80% or higher disability) Day Scholars/Students with low extremity disability||160|
|(iv) Monthly Helper Allowance admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an Educational Institution who may need the assistance of a helper.||160|
|(v) Monthly Coaching Allowance to Mentally Retarded and Mentally ill Students.||240|
Selection of Candidates: All the eligible Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes candidates will be given scholarships as prescribed in this scheme. Candidates belonging to one State but studying in another State will be awarded scholarships by the State to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authorities in that State.
Duration and Renewal of Awards:
The scholarship will be payable for 10 months in an academic year. The award once made will continue subject to good conduct and regularity in attendance. It will be renewed for Class X after the student passes Class IX.
Maintenance charges are payable from 1st April or from the month of admission, whichever is later, to the month in which the examinations are completed at the end of the academic year (including maintenance during holidays) provided that if the scholar secures admission after the 20th day of a month, the amount will be made from the month following the month of admission.
In case of renewal of scholarships awarded in the previous years maintenance charges will be paid from the month following the month up to which scholarship was paid in the previous year. The scholarship money will be paid to the selected students by the Govt. of the State/Union Territory’s Administration to which they belong in accordance with the procedure laid down by them in this regard.
Other Conditions for the Award:
The scholarship is dependent on the satisfactory progress and conduct of the scholar. If it is reported by the Head of the Institution at any time that a scholar has by reasons of his/her own act or default failed to make satisfactory progress or has been guilty of misconduct such as resorting to or participating strikes, irregularity in attendance without the permission of the authorities concerned, etc. the authority sanctioning the scholarship may either cancel the scholarships or stop or withhold further payment for such period as it may think fit.
If a candidate is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statements, his/her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned State Government. The student concerned will be black listed and debarred fro scholarship in any scheme forever.
A scholar is liable to refund the scholarship amount at the discretion of the State Government if during the course of the year, the studies for which the scholarship has been awarded, is discontinued by him/her.
Publicity of the Scheme & Inviting Applications
The Scheme will be implemented through State Governments/U.T. Administrations. All the State Governments /UT Administrations will, at the appropriate time, suitably publicise the Scheme and invite applications by issuing an advertisement in local language, in the leading newspapers of the State and through their respective websites and other media outfits.
The applicant should submit the completed application to the prescribed authority, as mentioned below before the last date prescribed for receipt of applications. State Govt. would prescribe a suitable application form in the local language and place it on its websites. School authorities will get these forms filled by the eligible students and send them to Block / District level authorities.
State Governments/UT Administrations will delegate powers to sanction scholarships under the scheme to appropriate District / Block level authorities/Heads of Institution, as appropriate.
How To Apply for Pre Matric Scholarship for ST Students 2022?
All the ST students are aware of the scholarships that are available on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP portal) and students fulfil the eligibility conditions specified, students can apply for them online at National Scholarship Registration portal. After applying online, the hard copy and all required below mentioned enclosures should be sent to the O/o the Executive Director (Tribal Welfare) of the concerned district. The given steps to be followed for making a successful application on the portal.
- Visit the scholarships.gov.in Website
ST students need to visit the official website of the NSP portal, https://scholarships.gov.in in your device browser.
- Click on New User? Register Link
Once you reach the official website, you click on the New User Registration link on the home page. Applicant should read and understood the guidelines for registration. After tick on the radio buttons, you can click on the Click on the Continue button.
- Fill the Fresh Registration Form
After clicking on that link, a Fresh Registration form would be opened. Now, Select the Pre Matric for class 1 to 10 from the Scholarship Category and Select the Pre Matric Scholarship and fill the form with required information and click on the register button and fill the form with required information and click on the register button. Student will get a unique application ID and password through SMS on the provided (registered) mobile number.
- Click on Login to Apply Link
After completion of new registration process, you can click on the Login to Apply link on the home page. Then, Login for Fresh Application web page will appear in your device.
- Enter Login details
In the login web page, Scheduled Tribe student shall login to NSP using application ID and password which were received at the time of registration process and click on the login button. Here, the ST student must change the password upon first login. This password has to be kept safely and confidentially. The student can change the mobile number only before the first login, i.e. before changing the received password.
- Click on the Application Form link
After clicking on the login button, an applicant dashboard will open. Now, click on the ‘Application Form’ to proceed with the scholarship application.
- Fill the Application Form
After clicking on the application form link, application form web page will appear. The Application Form is divided into three Parts, i.e., Registration Details, Academic Details, Basic Details. Scheduled Tribe student should fill in all required details in the application form and Upload all supporting documents with the application form. Finally, click on the ‘Final Submit’ button.
- Print the Application Form
After clicking on the submit button, your application will be submitted successfully. Now, print and save application form further reference.
Procedure for Applying:
- An application for scholarship should comprise: One copy of the application for scholarship in the prescribed form (separate application forms have been prescribed for ‘Fresh’ and renewal scholarship)
- One copy of the passport size photograph with signature of the student thereon (for fresh scholarship).
- One attested copy of certificates, diploma, degree etc., in respect of all examinations passed.
- A certificate (in original) of Caste duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer no below the rank of Tehsildar.
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians, stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
- Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain income certificate from their employer and for any additional income from other sources, they would furnish declaration by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
A receipt in acknowledgement of the scholarship in the previous year on the form attached to the application only duly countersigned by the Head of the Institution concerned. If the applicant was in receipt of a scholarship under this scheme in the preceding year.
Application complete in all respects shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution being attended or last attended by the candidate and shall be addressed to an Officer specified for this purpose by the Government of State/Union Territory to which the student belong in accordance with the instructions issued by them from time to time. Incomplete application or applications received after the prescribed dated will not be considered.