Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test, PSTET 2022 application form has been released. Candidates who wish to appear for the PSTET 2021 can now register online on the official website pstet.pseb.ac.in. The registration process started on November 25, 2021. Candidates can apply online on the official website by December 8, 2021. Important dates are shared below.
Detailed information bulletin is now available on the official website. Teacher Eligibility Test or TET is mandatory for candidates who wish to apply for a teaching job. As per the rules, a person who has the necessary academic and professional qualifications as per the NCTE notification are eligible to apply. There is no age limit for TET.
|Name of the TET||Punjab TET 2022|
|Title||Apply for the Punjab State TET 2022|
|Subject||NCERT released the Punjab TET 2022 notification|
|Category||Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Official Notification||Punjab TET Notification|
Eligibility for Punjab TET
- A person who has acquired the academic and professional qualifications specified in the NCTE Notification dated 23rd August 2010.
- A person who is pursuing any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be) specified in the NCTE Notification dated 23rd August 2010.
- The eligibility condition for appearing in TET may be relaxed in respect of a 3 State/UT which has been granted relaxation under sub-section (2) of section 23 of the RTE Act.
- The relaxation will be specified in the Notification issued by the Central Government under that sub-section.
PSTET Important Dates
|Registration begins for PSTET||November 25, 2021|
|Last date to apply online||December 8, 2021|
|Correction Window||December 10, 2021 – December 13, 2021|
|Admit Card Release date||December 16, 2021|
|Examination||December 24, 2021|
2 papers would be conducted. PSTET Paper 1 would be for the Classes 1 to 5 while Paper II is for the classes 6 to 8. Both paper 1 and paper 2 would be conducted on the same date. Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 would be MCQ based. Total of 150 questions from Child Development and pedagogy, languages, mathematics, etc. would be asked. A time of 90 minutes would be given for each paper.
Candidates can go through the detailed eligibility criteria, paper pattern, etc. on the official notification here. To qualify the examination, candidates need to score a minimum of 60% marks in the TET examination. Eligibility criteria for the reserved categories might vary.
Qualifying marks for the Punjab TET
A person who scores 60% or more in the TET exam will be considered as TET pass. School managements (Government, local bodies, government aided and unaided)
- may consider giving concessions to persons belonging to SC/ST, OBC, differently abled persons, etc., in accordance with their extant reservation policy;
- should give weightage to the TET scores in the recruitment process; however, qualifying the TET would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/employment as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for appointment
Punjab TET Certificate Validity
Frequency of conduct of PSTET and validity period of PSTET certificate: The appropriate Government should conduct a TET at least once every year. The Validity Period of TET qualifying certificate for appointment will be decided by the appropriate Government subject to a maximum of seven years for all categories. But there will be no restriction on the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring a TET Certificate. A person who has qualified TET may also appear again for improving his/her score.
Award of PSTET Certificate
- The appropriate Government conducting the Test shall award a TET Certificate to all successful candidates.
- The certificate should contain the name and address of the candidate, date of birth, Registration No. year/month of award of Certificate, marks obtained in each Paper, class level of its validity (Class I to V, class VI to VIII or both), and, in case of classes VI to VIII, the subject area (Science and Mathematics, Social Studies, etc.).
- The certificate may be electronically generated with adequate security features.
- Appropriate may consider utilizing the services of specialized agencies for issuing de-materialized (demat) TET certificates as a security feature to avoid any kind of malpractice.
Steps to Apply for PSTET Exam
- Go to the official website-pstet.pseb.ac.in.
- Candidates should note that they have to at first register and then fill the application form.
- Candidates should click on the New User option.
- A new window would open up.
- Candidates have to first register with necessary details such as Name, Email Id and other details.
- Following this, candidates have to fill the application form.
- Candidates are advised to keep a copy of the Application Form for future details.