University Grants Commission has issued an important notice regarding the QUAD Fellowship 2022. According to the notice, UGC has urged Indian students to apply for the Quad Fellowship Programme for 2022 and the commission has invited applications for the Quad Fellowship programmes that aims to bring together up to 25 engineers, mathematicians, scientists and technologists from each of the four QUAD countries – India, Japan, Australia and United States of America.
The fellowship will work towards the advancement of innovation and research and will help students pursue their graduate degrees in the USA. The Quad Fellowship, a new graduate level fellowship designed to build ties among the next generation of scientists and technologists, is recruiting its first cohort this year.
The programme will sponsor 100 American, Japanese, Australian and Indian students who have excelled in their field related to STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics to pursue their postgraduate and/or doctoral studies. These students would be sponsored to study in the United States. Students who wish to apply for the fellowship programme can visit the official website, quadfellowship.org and submit their applications by June 30, 2022. UGC has further stated that there will be no financial liability on the part of the commission for this fellowship programme.
|Name of the Fellowship||QUAD Fellowship 2022|
|Title||Submit the QUAD Fellowship Online Application 2022|
|Subject||Schmidt Futures announced the QUAD Fellowship Programme|
On September 24, 2021, Quad partners Australia, India, Japan, and the United States announced the Quad Fellowship: a first-of-its-kind scholarship program designed to build ties among the next generation of scientists and technologists. This program will sponsor 100 exceptional American, Japanese, Australian, and Indian master’s and doctoral students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics to study in the United States.
The fellowship will develop a network of science and technology experts committed to advancing innovation and collaboration in the private, public, and academic sectors, in their own nations and among Quad countries. Quad leaders launched the Quad Fellowship, a unique effort aimed at encouraging research and innovation among young minds. A first-of-its-kind scholarship program that will bring together the top minds of Australia, India, Japan, and the United States in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a video message encouraged students to take up QUAD fellowship. The fellowship, claims PM will be a “great opportunities” for students pursuing graduate and doctorate programmes in science, technology, and mathematics. It will also lead to “academic excellence” and “people to people connect” between QAD nations and help students “join next generation of STEM leaders and innovators building a better future for the humanity.”
Prime Minister Modi encouraged Indian students to apply for the Quad Fellowship programme in a video message. ‘Quad Fellowship launched! A first-of-its-kind scholarship program that will bring together the top minds of Australia, India, Japan, and the United States in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.’ According to Ministry of External Affairs. The Fellowship will sponsor 100 students per year – 25 from each Quad country – to pursue masters and doctoral degrees at leading STEM graduate universities in the United States. It will develop a network of experts committed to advancing innovation and collaboration across sectors.
Benefits: The Quad Fellowship offers a unique combination of financial benefits, cross-cultural exchange, net- working, and content programming. Quad Fellows will receive a one-time, personal award of $50,000 for study in STEM master’s and doctoral programs in the United States. Fellows can apply separately for additional needs-based funding up to $25,000 to support completion of their academic study subject to conditions.
Eligibility: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application submission , Be citizens or legal permanent Residents of Australia, India, Japan, or the United States. Have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent In a STEM field by August 2023 , Have a demonstrated record of superior academic achievement at the undergraduate level. To learn more, visit: Quadfellowship.org.
Benefits of QUAD Fellowship
Financial benefits: Each Quad Fellow will receive a one-time award of $50,000 which can be used for tuition, research, fees, books, room and board, and related academic expenses (e.g., registration fees, research-related travel). This award may be supplemented by other fellowships or grants. In addition, round-trip airfare to and from the United States is covered. All Quad Fellows are eligible to apply for separate demonstrated needs-based funding of up to $25,000 to cover costs related to completing graduate-level studies.
- Programmatic benefits: In addition to financial support, Quad Fellows will have access to a variety of programming opportunities, as outlined below:
- Pre-program for Fellows Elect Beginning in October, Quad Fellows Elect will participate in organized virtual programming, including virtual learning sessions, guest speaker events, and receive advice on navigating the university application process followed by a “send off” event in respective Quad countries prior to beginning their time as Quad Fellows.
- Core program for Fellows Beginning in August with a multi-day residential experience in Australia, India, or Japan, Quad Fellows will have access to virtual programming with the greatest minds in STEM, government, and society, a tailored mentorship program, and opportunities to participate in individual or small-group experiences or projects focused on Quad country priority focus areas.
- Alumni programming for Senior Fellows As Senior Fellows, Quad Fellowship alumni will be part of a growing and global lifelong network of exceptional engineers, mathematicians, scientists, and technologists dedicated to advancing innovation and research for positive social impact.
- There are three components of the application process: Online application requesting three essays, background demographic information, and three letters of recommendation.
- At least two letters of recommendation must come from professors who can speak to the candidate’s academic abilities; one may come from either a professional contact or another academic contact.
- Expert review designed to assess proficiency in the applicant’s STEM field.
- Final-round panel interview designed to assess interest in the intersection of STEM and society, capacity to bridge differences, and an orientation towards results. Final decisions will be announced in October or November 2022.
What is the QUAD fellowship?
QUAD Fellowship is a first-of-its-kind scholarship programme designed to build ties among the next generation of scientists and technologists from the four member nations – Australia, India, Japan, and the United States.