Action Plan for C Grade Childrens Achievement Levels: Rc.293, Action Plan for improvement of the performance levels of achievement levels of low performing Children (“C” Grade Children)in AP Schools, RC 293 Guidelines for C Grade Children’s Achievement Levels Improvement in AP Schools, Proceedings of the Commissioner of School Education, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, Proc.Rc.No.293/B1/C&T/SCERT/2015 Dated:31-08-2015
Subject: SCERT, AP, Hyderabad – Annual Achievement Survey – 2015 – Action Plan for improvement of the performance levels – Guidelines for Implementation – Communicated – Reg.
Reference: Annual Assessment Survey – 2015 Results. Action Plan for C Grade Childrens Achievement Levels
All the District Educational Officers in the State are aware that the Annual Assessment Survey-2015 was conducted in the month of April 2015. The data was processed and analyzed the achievement levels of children of class III, V and VIII in Telugu, English and Mathematics subjects respectively. Report Cards like State Card, District Card, Mandal Card, School Card, and Student Card were generated and the same was uploaded on the website. The School Cards class wise were printed and sent to the respective DEOs for onward distribution to the schools through the concerned MEOs.
- In view of this, an Action Plan has been prepared to indicate the roles and responsibilities of various field functionaries i.e., Dy. EOs, MEOs, Complex Headmasters and concerned teachers for taking necessary action for the improvement of the achievement levels of low performing children (i.e., “C” Grade).
- The same is enclosed. Under the Action Plan student studying IV, VI and IX have to be considered for remedial teaching as they were tested in AAS in the classes of III, V and VIII during the academic year 2014-15.
- Regarding VI class, some of the students after completing Primary school might have joined in nearby secondary schools in class VI. The Headmasters of the Secondary Schools shall be instructed to track the performance of these children who joined in their schools in class VI, with help of previous school headmaster and with the data available on the website.
- The modules consisting of special activities for three classes in three subjects to improve the performance of low-grade children will be sent in no time and the same has to be uploaded on the respective district website.
- Hence, they are requested to hold a meeting with Dy.EOs, MEOs to share Mandal wise results and discuss the Action Plan to be implemented for the improvement of the performance of children in the State. They are also requested to instruct the Dy. EOs and MEOs hold similar meetings in their jurisdiction to discuss school wise results with the HMs and to collect a list of low performing children school wise, class-wise and submit to the DEOs for further course of action.
Annual Assessment Survey 2015:
Action Plan and Guidelines for the Improvement of achievement levels of low performing Children (“C” Grade Children) :
Annual Assessment Survey 2015 was conducted in all schools of 13 districts in the state with a purpose to understand the achievement levels of students studying in classes III, V, and VIII and take follow-up action for improvement. Based on the results, reports cards were developed from student level to State level. The same was uploaded on the website and also communicated to field functionaries.
I. Action Plan for the improvement of achievement levels of ‘C’ grade children:
- Fixing child wise targets for S1 and S2 with at least 10% improvement in each test.
- Implementing the special module developed for ‘C’ grade children.
- Allocating specific time in school time table.
- Conducting tests after completion of each unit.
- Recording the progress in Children Annual Performance Record (CAPR)
- Meetings with parents to ensure regular attendance and follow up.
- Nominating division wise in-charge officers for regular monitoring.
- Performing visits to schools by the officers regularly and observing the implementation
of action plan.
- Conducting reviews from school level to state level.
- Reporting the progress to higher levels.
II. Roles of Field functionaries in implementation of Action Plan:
- Director, SCERT:
Generate report cards from the state level to the school level.
Develop a special module for ‘C’ grade children.
Conduct training of teachers to sensitize them on the results of AAS and implementation of the special modules.
Get an online application developed for tracking the progress.
Review the progress online and during the meetings of DEOs regularly.
Undertake district visits through district in-charge officers.
- District Educational Officers & Project Officers of SSA:
Analyze the data Mandal wise and share it with Dy.EOs and MEOs.
Conduct meetings with Dy.EOs and MEOs to discuss the AAS reports and make an action plan.
Prepare district wise implementation plan for improvement of grades.
Fix targets to Dy.EOs and MEOs for improvement of achievement levels. Track the improvement Mandal wise throughout the year.
Observe the implementation of the module of ‘C’ grade children in schools during the visits.
Discuss the achievement levels of VI and IX class children with the headmasters of secondary schools during the meetings. Nominate the sectoral officers of SSA as division wise in-charges to oversee the implementation of the action plan. Deputy Educational Officers & Mandal Educational Officers:
- School Complex Headmasters:
Implement the module developed for ‘C’ grade children of IV, VI and IX classes.
- Allot a specific time for ‘C’ grade children in school timetable for the teaching of Telugu and Mathematics.
- Record the achievement levels of III, V and VIII class children of AAS in child performance record of school readiness program in the classes of IV, VI and IX. Take action to bring ‘C’ grade children to at least ‘B’ grade by the end of Summative Assessment–I.
- Use necessary teaching-learning material for Telugu and Mathematics to teach ‘C’ grade children. Conduct Tests after completion of the activities of each chapter in the module.
Headmasters shall conduct weekly reviews with teachers to discuss the progress of each child and also make plans for the next week.
Ensure all the ‘C’ grade children attend the school regularly.
Give homework / Assignments after completion of each unit for better understanding.
Meet the parents of ‘C’ grade children shall be conducted to report the progress of their children and also to ensure regular attendance.
The Headmaster of high schools tracks the performance of VI and IX class children based on their performance in AAS – 2015 reports available in the website.
III. Implementation Schedule: Action Plan for C Grade Childrens Achievement Levels
|S.No||Description of Activity||Time Schedule||Responsible Officer|
|1.||Conduct of Divisional level meeting with Dy. EOs,|
MEOs andHeadmasters of High schools on AAS-2015
results and fixing targets.
|1st week of September2015.||DEOs, DIET Principal|
|2.||Conduct of Mandal Level meetings with HMs of Primary|
and Upper Primary schools and fixing schoolwise targets
fixing class, child wise targets.
|2nd week of September 2015||MEOs|
|3.||Conduct of School level meetings for fixing class, child wise targets||2nd week of September 2015||Headmasters|
|4.||Commencing of Action Plan / Teaching as per remedial teachingmaterial for class IV, VI and IX.||2nd week of September 2015||Teachers|
|5.||Preparing progress reports based on SA-1 for classes IV, VI and IX andfurnishing to MEOs.||October 2015||Teachers|
|6.||Consolidation of Mandal level reports and furnishing to DEOs and DIETPrincipals||October 2015||MEOs (Primary)|
Dy.EOs (High Schools)
|7.||Conduct of district level meeting to review the progress reports andfurnishing district report to SCERT||1st week of November2015||DEOs, DIET Principals|
|8.||Preparing progress reports based on SA-2 for classes IV, VI and IX andfurnishing to MEOs.||Last week of December-2015||Teachers|
|9.||Consolidation of Mandal level reports and furnishing to DEOs.||1st week of January 2016||MEOs (Primary)|
Dy.EOs (High Schools)
|10.||Conduct of district level meeting to review the progress reports||3rdweek of January 2016||DEOs|
|11.||Preparation of district final reports and furnishing to SCERT||1st week of February 2016||DEOs, DIET Principals|
|12.||Conduct of AAS-2016||1st week of April 2016||DEOs, DIET Principals|
|13.||Declaring results||2nd week of May2016||SCERT|
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details