The state government has decided to scientifically assess the capacity of students: As per the guidelines of MHRD, State Level Achievement Survey (SLAS) to be conducted in selected schools of Telangana. SLAS Test 2020 would be conducted in the selected Telangana Schools for Class 8th and 9th Students. The School Education Department, Telangana has decided to conduct a State Level Assessment Survey (SLAS) to test the students’ ability in TS schools.
The Central Government is currently conducting the National Assessment Survey (NAS). It is limited in scope so that not all students are able to assess their full potential. So, the DSEt has decided to conduct a State level achievement Survey (SLAS), similar to the National Level Survey (NAS) conducted by the central government. The aim of the survey was to test the educational learning abilities of students in government schools. SLAS Test would be conducted for the assessment of education standards in students.
Latest Update: The Ministry of Education, Telangana has decided to conduct a State Level Achievement Survey (SLAS) in all the Gurukulams of the state to check the learning abilities of Gurukul students. The TEST will be held on as per the schedule for students of Classes 8 and 9 in 681 Gurukulams under various ministries of the T state.
Samagra Shikha Telangana, SPD had given proceedings Rc. Rc.No. 6129 on 28.01.2020 for Postponement of State Level Assessment Survey (SLAS). So, The State Level Assessment Survey (SLAS) 2020 scheduled to be held on 30.01.2020 is hereby postponed. Next date for State Level Assessment Survey (SLAS) will be communicated.
Samgar Shiksha Telangana, SPD has given proceedings rc.no.6129 on 18-01-2020 and this proceedings details as follows. Samagra Shiksha, Telangana State, Hyderabad is going to Conduct of State Level Assessment Survey (SLAS)as per the schedule for the students of Classes VIII & IX. A Video Conference to be held on 23.01.2020 from 02.00 P.M to 04.00 P.M on this regarding
The State Level Assessment Survey (SLAS) for the students of Classes VIII & IX of all the Govt. Local body, Aided, KGBVs, TSMS all Welfare Residential schools in the State for Assessment and to improve the academic standards of the students.
The State Level Achievement Survey (SLAS) questionnaire for students of Classes 8 and 9 will be printed in three languages to check their learning abilities. The decision was made because there are Telugu, English and Urdu medium students. As part of the survey, 4,84,601 students will be screened in 5,449 government schools across the state, Of the 2,41,158 students in Class 8, There were 2,43,443 students in Class 9.
In the past, the Test has been conducted as a sample survey and this time all students in Class 8 and 9 will be able to examine the learning abilities. DSE Telangana will conduct this test to students of private schools along with the seventh Class next year. The survey revealed the capabilities of the students.
A total of 4,84,601 Class 8th and 9th students from 5449 Govt high schools across the state will be screened in Telugu, English, Mathematics, Social, Physical and Biological sciences.
As per the Proceedings Rc.No.6129, Dated: 13-01-2020, Samagra Shiksha Telangana, SPD has given instructions on Conduct of State Level Assessment Survey (SLAS) during 2019-2020. SST has decided to conduct State Level Assessment Survey (SLAS) for the students of Classes VIII & IX of all the Government, Local body, Aided, KGBVS, TS Model Schools and TS Residential Schools in the State for assessment and to improve academic standards.
SLAS Exam Date: The proposed date for the conduct of SLAS exam for all the students of VIII & IX classes of Govt, Local body, Aided, KGBV, TSMS and TS Residential Schools. A special test will be conducted for students of Classes 8 and 9 on the 30th of this month.
SLAS Test details: Students will be examined their ability through an OMR consisting of one hundred objective questions. The exam is OMR based with Two Hours duration and the timings will be common for both VIII & IX Classes. The Question Papers will be in the form of booklet basing on medium & first language.
8th and 9th Class students will take the exam on as per the schedule. Objective types of questions are given. For the first time, an OMR Answer sheet is being issued. That means you have to figure out the answer. Students have the habit of writing exams with OMR documents and the results can be announced in a few days through the software.
- SLAS questionnaires in 3 languages
- Subjects: Telugu, English, Mathematics, Social, Physical and Biological Sciences
- Total Marks: 100 There will be 2 hours of testing for all 100 marks.
- Exam Time: 2 hours and the test will be from 10:30 am to 1.00 pm.
- This is the first time OMR documents have been used.
- The results will be announced within 10-15 days.
In this context, the detailed instructions are issued for strict compliance to all the DEOs for smooth conduct of Exam. The concerned Headmasters should conduct the Exam as per guidelines and schedule. Handbook of State Level Achievement Survey – SLAS Test in TS Schools Training old Manual
SLAS Guidelines – PDF
SLAS Test Conducting Guidelines and Schedule
Samagra Shiksha Telangana, SPD has given the instructions on Conduct of State Level Assessment Survey (SLAS) – 2019-20. The Proceedings details as follows.
|Test Name||SLAS Test|
|Department||DSE Telangana and Samagra Shiksha Telangana|
|Title||SLAS Test for 8th and 9th Class Students|
|Category||SLAS Test /SLAS Test Guidelines /SLAS Test Exam Pattern/ Instructions and Guidelines on Conduct of SLAS Test|
|Proceedings Number||Rc.No.6129/TSS/Pdg/T6/2019-1, Dated: 22-01-2020.|
|References||1) This office Procs. Rc. No. 6129/SS/Ped/T6/2019, dated:13.01.2020|
2) This office Procs. Rc. No. 6129/SS/Ped/T6/2019, dated:18.01.2020
3) This office Procs. Rc. No. 6129/SS/Ped/T6/2019, dated: 20.01.2020
|Proceedings Subject||Telangana Samagra Shiksha Hyderabad would Conduct the State Level Assessment Survey (SLAS) 2020 and Certain Instructions Issued on this regarding|
The attention of all the DEOS & EO-DPOs, SS in the State is invited to the references read above and they are requested to make all the necessary arrangements for smooth conduct of SLAS as mentioned hereunder.
- To conduct District Level Coordination Meeting with the DRO and SP under the Chairmanship of the District Collector on 24.01.2020.
- To identify the Routes (covering 4 to 6 storage points) based on number of storage points by appointing Route Officers as being followed for SSC Exams by 24.01.2020.
- To appoint HM of the same School as Chief Superintendent for each Centre by 24.01.2020.
- To conduct meeting with staff (ACHE, DCEB Secretary, Route Officers, MESS, Chief Supdt.) at the District Headquarters on 24.01.2020.
- To depute the responsible officer to receive the confidential material, attendance sheets and OMR Sheets from the EDGE as per the schedule already communicated (27.01.2020/28.01.2020) and to deposit at the identified Storage Point at the District Level with safety measures as per guidelines.
- To make all necessary arrangements for transportation of confidential material from District Storage Point to Mandal Storage Points with safety measures on the next date of receiving from State.
- While depositing the Confidential Material at Mandal Storage Points, the OMR Sheets and Attendance Sheets are to be handed over to the Chief Superintendents on 28.01.2020/29.01.2020. But, the Question Papers are to be issued to the Chief Superintendents on THE day of SLAS.
- The SGTS from the same Village/GP is to be drafted as Invigilators by 28.01.2020. To ensure a unique code (ID) is available to all the children. If any student is not having unique code (ID) then take immediate action to upload the student’s details in Child Info Website to generate Unique ID before 28.01.2020.
Activities to be taken up on 29.01.2020 at Centre Level:
- To orient, the students on OMR by guiding the students to read the instructions on page no.2 of OMR Sheet before filling and on filling the information in Section A of OMR Sheet.
- The information in the blocks are to be filled with Blue or Black Ball Point Pen only and the respective circles under the blocks are to be darkened neatly with Blue or Black Ball Point Pen only.
- UDISE Code – Use 11 Digit UDISE Code of the School.
- Section The Section (A/B/C etc.,) in which the student studying is to be filled. If the only single section is there in a class, then they have to mark as section A Student Roll No. – Roll Number of the student for the month of January 2020 shall be filled. Class – The Class in which the student is studying is to be filled.
- Medium – Medium of Instruction has to be filled.
- Unique Code – Unique Code of Student-generated in the Child Info Website is provided through Nominal Rolls shall be used for filling.
- To ensure 100% attendance of students of 8 & 9th classes on the day of SLAS.
- The Chief Superintendents to make all preliminary arrangements at Centre Level and orientation to invigilators on filling up of OMR
- To make a seating arrangement on before conduct of exam.
On the day of SLAS
- Storage point Custodian shall withdraw confidential material at 08.30 A.M.
- Invigilators have to report to centre by 09.30 AM and be available in halls with OMR, Attendance Sheet and absentee statement.
- Invigilators have to ensure that the students shall fill the Section – A of OMR sheet in a proper way and also see that the OMR sheet shall not be folded or tear.
- Invigilators orient the students about the instructions given in page number II of OMR sheet for filling of the Section – B.
- Allow the students to the hall by 10.30 A.M.
- Issue of OMR sheets to fill up preliminary information in Section A by the students from 10.30 AM to 11.00 A.M.
- Distribute question paper booklet to the students sharp by 11.00 A.M.
- The duration of the SLAS is 2 hours i.c., 11.00 A.M to 01.00 P.M.
- The Invigilator has to collect all OMR sheets and question paper booklet from the students at 01.00 P.M.
- The students shall not be allowed to leave the hall till 01.00 P.M
POST SLAS Activities
- Question paper booklets are to be kept at school point in the custody of Chief Superintendent
- Invigilators should arrange the OMR sheets in class-wise, medium-wise and roll number wise and handover to Chief Superintendent of the centre.
- The OMR sheets – class-wise have to be kept separately in two polythene covers. The two polythene covers should be kept in one bundle of the centre.
- The Chief Superintendent of centre has to make OMR sheets bundles in a sealed cover with proper labelling (U-DISE Code, Name of the School, Class, Medium, number of students present and absent).
- Handover the sealed OMR sheets bundles, Attendance sheet and absentee statement to MEO at MRC by 03.00 P.M and inturn the MEOs shall submit the same to the DEO by 05.00 P.M.
- DEOS shall handover the entire district sealed OMR bundles, Attendance sheets and absentee statement to the Director, Government Examinations, TS., Hyderabad through responsible Officer on 31.01.2020.
The RISE of Hyderabad and Warangal are instructed to review arrangements made at the district level on SLAS of their jurisdiction and ensure all instructions are complied. Therefore, all the DEO & EO-DPOs, SS in the State are requested to follow the above instructions scrupulously and conduct the SLAS as per the schedule smoothly. – SLAS Schedule
|Question Paper Indent to DGE||18.01.2020||Joint Director (SS)|
|Handing over of confidential material to DGE||02.01.2020||Director, SCERT|
|Printing of Question Papers, OMR & Attendance Sheets||By 25.01.2020||DGE|
|Receipt of Confidential Material by DGE||26.01.2020||DGE|
|Instructions to DEOs to receive Confidential Material||18.01.2020||Joint Director (SS) .|
|Schedule for distribution of Confidential Material from State to Districts and District to Storage Points||27.01.2020 to 29.01.2020||DGE/Joint Director- II (SS)/concerned |
|Letter to the Director-General of Police to instruct the concerned SPs for the deposit of Confidential Material||20.01.2020||Joint Director (SS)|
|Video Conference with DEOs & RJDSEs||23.01.2020||Joint Director (SS)|
|Preparation & handing over of Key||01.02.2020||Director, SCERT|
|Preparation of subject-wise performance indicators||05.02.2020||Director, SCERT|
|Scanning of OMR Sheets||03.02.2020||DGE|
|Preparation of State, District, Mandal, School Reports and analysis||15.02.2020||DGE/Director, |
|Printing & Dissemination of Report Cards||22.02.2020||Director, SCERT|
|Review Meeting with DEOs||24.02.2020|
|Planning & Implementation of Post SLAS activities||From 25.02.2020 onwards||DEOs|