RRB Recruitment 2018 for 62,907 Group D posts released: Check how to apply, eligibility, important dates here. Railway Recruitment Board, RRB has invited applications for filling up 62,907 vacancies in the railways under Group D via its Centralized Employment Notification, CEN 02/2018. The registration for the railways Group D positions would start from February 10, 2018 and close on March 12, 2018, at 23:59 Hrs. Candidates interested in railways recruitment can fill register on the official website of respective Regional RRBs. The details of the vacancy, eligibility criteria, age limit, selection process and pay scale are provided below. Steps on how to apply are also provided below.
Opening Date & Time for On-Line Registration and submission of Application: 10.02.2018 at 10.00 hrs
Closing Date & Time for submission of On-Line application: 31.03.2018 at 23.59 hrs
Last Date & Time for Payment of Application Fee
Online payment (Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card): 30.03.2018 at 23.59 hrs
SBI Bank Challan: 28.03.2018 at 15.00 hrs
Post Office Challan: 27.03.2018 at 15.00 hrs
Railway Recruitment 2018 Group D Vacancy Details:
Indian Railways will be recruiting candidates for various departments viz engineering, electrical, mechanical, S&T, medical, traffic including the below mentioned posts:
1. Cabinman, 2. Trackman, 3. Leverman, 4. Pointsman, 5. Helper-II, 6. Gr. D (Store), 7. Keyman, 8. Shunter, 9. Welder, 10. Fitter, 11. Porter, 12. Helper-II (Mech), 13. Helper-II (ST), 14. Gr. D (Engg.), 15. Gangman, 16. Switchman
Changes made in CEN 02/2018 for recruitment of 62,509 Group D posts in Indian Railways
1. The last date to apply has been revised from March 12, 2018, to March 31, 2018.
2. Signatures of the candidates on all documents should be identical in all stages of the recruitment process and should not be in block/capital letters. Signatures in a different style at the time of CBT, PET and DV etc., may result in cancellation of candidature.
3. Also, following the announcement from Railway Minister, the candidates across all regional RRBs have the option of appearing in the examination in a regional language. Candidates can choose from Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu language as a medium of examination.
4. Also, the age limit has been extended by 2 years across categories. The revised age limit for CEN 02/2018 is now read as 18 – 33 years for the unreserved category as against the previous 18 – 31 years. This is applicable to extensions to the reserved categories as well. The new age limit for CEN 02/2018 is provided.
Candidates are further advised to note that the Centralized Employment Notice, CEN 02/2018 is now available on the respective regional RRBs. It is advisable to go through the notification carefully before filling the online application forms. The summary of important points is provided here along with the link for online application and detailed CEN 02/2018.
The applicant must possess a passing certificate of Class 10th or ITI from institutions recognized by NCVT/SCVT or equivalent or holding National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT.
The applicant must fall in the age bracket of 18 to 33 years as on 1st July 2018. Age-relaxation is applicable as per government rules.
Scale of Pay
Candidates selected under the Railways Group D recruitment would get a monthly salary of 18,000 under the 7 CPC. Candidates would also get allowances permissible at the time of employment.
Unreserved Category – Rs. 500
SC/ST/PWD/Women/Transgender/Minorities/Economically Backward/Ex-Serviceman – Rs.250
Application fee can be paid online and offline both.
Candidates will be shortlisted via Computer Based Test (CBT). Qualified candidates will undergo Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Marks of CBT will be normalized.
Before applying, all candidates are advised to carefully go through the detailed centralised employment notification or CEN. The notification number for Group D posts is CEN 02/2018. Direct link to the detailed notification is also given below. Candidates should check the list of detailed vacancies in various RRBs to match the vacancy to their respective qualification in that RRB before applying. Candidates can check the vacancy available in various RRBs on the link provided below. Please note, once the RRB has been selected and registration is completed, change of RRB will not be permitted under any circumstances. Also, candidates should ensure that they have all the required documents ready before starting the online application. The list of documents required is given below.
Documents required to apply for RRB Group D recruitment under CEN 02/2018
1. Coloured candidates photograph in JPEG format. Image size should be between 20 to 50 KB
2. Category or SC/ST Certificate for candidates seeking a free travel pass for the purpose of examination. Please note, general category candidates would not be provided with this facility. The category certificate should be in JPEG image format of size 50 to 100 KB. PDF document is not to be uploaded.
3. For candidates desirous of applying for the facility of a scribe, Scribe Photograph in color JPEG image format of size 20 to 50KB is also required.
How to apply for Railways Group D Posts 2018
- Candidates are required to only apply online on the official website of the respective regional RRBs. Hence to begin, go to the official website of the regional RRBs. For example, if you wish to apply under Ahmedabad, then go to the rrbahemdabad.gov.in
- The candidates are advised to check the Vacancy Table in this CEN to ascertain the vacancies notified against all RRBs for their qualification and ensure that the RRB to which they wish to fill in the online application is having the vacancy for their qualification and community/category subject to eligibility in terms of age and medical standards.
- On the recruitment page, click on Apply now for CEN 02/2018 – Please note at some regional RRBs the application forms would start at 10:00 am and at some at 11:00 am.
- On the new page that opens, click on new registration
- Provide your registration details like name, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, Aadhaar number, state, SSLC/ Matric Roll number. Year or passing and other information as asked.
- Verify the email id provided. An OTP or one-time password would be sent to the email address provided at the time of registration. Candidates are required to key in the OTP in order to continue filling the form.
- Complete the form and upload all the documents required. Candidates have been provided with the list of documents required to fill the application form. Candidates should go through the notification and keep the documents ready. Please note, specifications regarding the photograph are also provided. Candidates are accordingly advised to follow the same.
- Candidates can pay the fee either by a debit, credit card or net banking. The provision to pay the fee by means of an SBI bank challan or a Post Office Challan is also available. Please note, the last date for paying the fee in online mode is March 12, 2018, by 22:00 Hrs. As for fee payment through SBI Bank Challan, the last date and time is March 12, 2018, by 13:00 Hrs. For post office, the last date of payment is March 10, 2018, by 13:00 Hrs. As per the notice, general category candidates are required to pay an online fee of Rs. 500 for the application. For Candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex-Serviceman / PWD / Female / Transgender / Minorities / Economically backward class, the fee required in Rs. 250. This amount, however, would be refunded after deducting bank charges, on appearing in CBT.
- After paying the fee, complete the application process and print your application
- Selection process of RRB Group D Recruitment 2018
- Candidates would be required to appear in a Computer Based Test or CBT. Based on the performance in the CBT, which would be a 90 marks paper with negative marking, candidates would then be called for medical test or Physical Efficiency Test or PET. Shortlisted candidates would then be provisionally allotted on the basis of the verification of the documents.
How to apply for Railway Group D Recruitment 2018?
Step 1: Visit the official website – http://www.indianrailways.gov.in
Step 2: Click on Recruitment tab
Step 3: Click on the Railway Recruitment Board for which you wish to apply
Step 4: Click on Click here to Apply for CEN 02/2018
Step 5: Register Yourself, fill the application form, upload documentation, pay the application fee and complete the application process
Step 6: Download the confirmation page and take a printout for further reference
Railways Recruitment 2018 CEN 02/2018 Notification
Candidates must go through the detailed notification to find all details about this largest recruitment drive by the Indian Railways:
Candidates must apply for the below mentioned participating RRBs only:
1. Ahmedabad, 2. Ajmer, 3. Allahabad, 4. Bangalore, 5. Bhopal, 6. Bhubaneshwar, 7. Bilaspur, 8. Chandigarh, 9. Chennai, 10. Gorakhpur, 11. Guwahati, 12. Kolkata, 13. Mumbai, 14. Patna, 15. Ranchi, 16. Secunderabad. Candidates can check the vacancy tables of their Railway Recruitment Board in the CEN 02/2018 notification.