School Innovation Challenge Registration 2022 or SIC Registration 2022, How to register at https://teamtsic.telangana.gov.in/. To promote the culture of Design Thinking and Innovation, Telangana State Innovation Cell (TSIC), Govt. of Telangana, in collaboration with UNICEF and Inqui-lab Foundation, has initiated a School level Innovation Challenge in 2020, a one of its kind program in the country that aimed at Telangana State to be a pioneer in promoting 21st century skills and design thinking for the teachers and students.
With the continued support of Education Department and their respective district officials we could achieve the following key-outputs:
- 4,041 government high schools have registered on the School Innovation Challenge portal.
- 23,881 government school students from classes 6-10 have completed the online module on ‘Design Thinking for Innovation’ and received certificates
- 5,091 government high school teachers across all the 33 districts of Telangana have no been oriented and trained on “Managing Design Thinking & Innovation in Schools”.
- A total of 7093 innovative ideas have been submitted by the students as part of the Telangana School Innovation Challenge 2020.
To continue the spirit of Innovation & Entrepreneurship, to create mindsets to solve problems in their community, the Telangana School Innovation Challenge 2021 was launched on 20th September by Hon. Minister of IT&EC, Hon. Minister of Education and officials from IT & Education department.
|Name of the registration||SIC Registration 2022|
|Title||Register for the Telangana School Innovation Challenge 2022|
|Subject||TSIC released the School Innovation Challenge Registration 2021 Link|
Steps in SIC for Registrations:
- Registration: Registration of the schools on SIC web platform using DISE code.
- Outreach: Outreach to students and registration of student teams.
- Student Learning: Online video learning module for students to understand Design Thinking process and give ideas to solve problems around them.
- Idea Submission & Selection: Submission of ideas by the student teams on problem categories. Review, shortlist and selection of student ideas for prototyping support.
- Bootcamp & Grand Finale: Prototyping support for selected student teams based on idea evaluation and showcase of top ideas in the grand finale.
How to Register for SIC 2022?
- For nomination, the registration link will appear when you visit the website.
- Clicking on it will show the application form.
- Enter the professional details of the teacher in it and click on the Submit.
- This request is registered in the Innovation Cell at the state level and all subsequent information is sent to the teacher.
School Innovation Challenge Instructions & Guidelines
The District Educational Officers and District Science Officers has communicated the following instructions and guidelines to all schools and about the School Innovation Challenge (SIC) to the schools in their respective districts.
- Ensure that one teacher is nominated per school by the HM/Principal.
- Responsible for coordination of district level WhatsApp groups creation for SIC 2021 consisting of nominated teachers, district coordinators of all the eligible schools in the respective districts for the Telangana School Innovation Challenge.
- Responsible for conducting district wise SIC launch in coordination with the respective district officials.
- Communication of teacher training schedule and school registration to all the participating schools in the district.
- Encourage & Monitor the registration status and participation progress from the respective registered schools in the district.
- Communicate information about the prototyping boot camps and support in conducting them at district level.
- Organize district level showcase of the selected student ideas.
- Communicate the information about the shortlisted students for the grand finale and coordinate with the respective school/teacher to ensure their presence at Grand Finale.
- If shortlisted for further support, ensure program team is supported with necessary support.
- Reaching out to SIC team through created WhatsApp groups in case of any queries.
- Overall coordination with the SIC program team to ensure effective implementation of the program.
To get started with School Innovation Challenge 2021, it has to be ensure that Head Masters nominate one Guide Teacher who will coordinate and support students to participate in the School Innovation challenge 2021. Reach out to the Headmasters of the schools to nominate one teacher from their schools as a point of contact for the challenge. The Google link to the teacher registration form, to be used by the Headmasters. The last date to fill the Google form is 26th October,2021.
Teacher’s will be added to the concerned DEOs & DSOs WhatsApp Group inclusive of the Organizing Team from TSIC, UNICEF & Inqui-lab Foundation for continuous updates and interactions once the Challenge is officially launched. The Google form that can be used by the school headmasters to capture the details of the teacher nominated for the challenge from their respective schools.
Guidelines for HM’s while nominating teachers:
- Guide teacher can be any subject teacher in the School (not just Science; language, PT, humanities, etc., are welcome).
- Must be interested in innovation, social issues, and mentoring students.
- Be the single point of contact for SIC 2021.
- Have a mobile phone/computer/laptop with an active internet connectivity to mentor the students.
- Attend the SIC 202I Teacher Training session and complete teacher online course.
- Find interested students who want to take part in SIC 2021 and register them on SIC portal.
- Coordinate and support students wherever necessary to ensure that they complete the online course and submit an idea.