Painting competitions on Global Iodine Deficiency Disorders (IDD), Slogan, Essay writing, Quiz, Painting Competitions, Activities, Celebrations to be conducted on Global Iodine Deficiency Disorders (IDD) Prevention Day 2017 in Schools. National Iodine Deficiency Disorders Control Programme, Global Iodine Deficiency Disorders Prevention Day Creation of awareness on Iodine Deficiency Disorder – Take Necessary Action.
Iodine is an essential mic~f nutrient required daily for normal physical wth and mental developmental Deficiency of Iodine can cause physical and mental retardation, cretinism, abortions, stillbirth, deaf-mutism, squint & various types of Goitre. Some of these Iodine Deficiency Disorders (IDDs) are permanent and irreversible. However, these can be easily prevented before they occur by regular consumption of Iodized Salt.
National Iodine Deficiency Disorders Control Programme (NIDDCP) is being implemented in all the States/UTs in order to prevent and control iodine deficiency disorders. Information Education and Communication activities are extremely important in creating awareness about the prevention and control of IDDs. Every year, 21st October is celebrated as “Global Iodine Deficiency Disorders (IDD) Prevention Day” in the country create awareness among the community about IDDs and their prevention.
- During the week preceding and the week following this day, the State/UT Governments may organize Seminars,
- Sensitization-cum-awareness meetings,
- Health education camps and
- Distribution of IEC materials and
- Also qualitative testing of salt consumed at household level using Salt Testing Kits available in the districts to create awareness about IDDs and
- Inform about the importance of consumption of Iodated salt in preventing these disorders.
- Essay writing,
- Slogan writing,
- Painting, etc..
- can also be oraganized among the school children.
State/ UT level programmes, involving-the Chief Minister/Health Minister could also- be a·rganized with the issue of appropriate appeals and messages.
The Departments of Civil Supplies, Education, Women and Child Development, Panchayati Raj Institutions etc. may be associated in these activities along with voluntary organizations and associations of iodated salt manufacturers/traders of your State/UT.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details