SMS Competition for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, A strong system of incentives and advocacy will drive the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) scheme of the Government. Regional consultations for the BBBP scheme to be completed within this November, 2014.
The Union Minister of the Women and Child Development , Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi has said that the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao(BBBP) scheme of the Government will be based on a strong system of incentives and media advocacy to bring about an all-round change in attitudes.
Govt. of India, Ministry of Women and Child Development has announced SMS Competition for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Campaign and Proposal for organizing a competition for suggesting content for a SMS campaign for the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme.
Ministry of Women and Child Development seeks entries that suggest content for an SMS campaign under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme to create awareness about the issue of declining child sex ratio, survival and celebration of the girl child, enabling her education and empowering her.
The scheme aims at coordinated and multi sectoral convergent action towards improving child sex ratio and promoting the value of girl child and highlighting the importance of empowering her education. A campaign like the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao should not only draw attention of the masses to a grave concern like declining child sex ratio but also lead to change of mindsets towards empowering daughters through education.
The outcome is envisaged to ensure girls are born, loved and nurtured without discrimination, educated and raised to become empowered citizens of this country with equal rights and opportunities.The Competition is open only to Indian citizens.
The winning SMSs will form a part of the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Campaign. The objective of this campaign is to celebrate and value the girl child and highlight the importance of education in empowering her. SMS Competition for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
Date to Remember:
The last date of submission is 30th November 2014.
The top 6 winning entries will be awarded Rs.5,000/- each.
Please click here for more information on Terms & conditions, Technical Parameters and Evaluation Criteria.
A. Terms and Conditions:
The Competition is open only to Indian citizens.
- All entries must be submitted to the creative corner section of www.mygov.in.Entries submitted through any other medium/ mode would not be considered for evaluation.
- The winning entries for the content of the SMS would be the intellectual property of the Government of India and the winner cannot exercise any right over it, after acceptance of the prize. The prize winning entry is intended to be used by Government of India for promotional and display purposes, IEC material and also for any other use as may be deemed appropriate for the initiative.
- The participant must be the same person who has developed the content of the SMS. The content of the SMS must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957. Anyone found infringing on others’ copyright would be disqualified from the competition. Government of India does not bear any responsibility for copyright violations or infringements of intellectual property carried out by the participants.
- Participant is to make sure that his/her MyGov profile is accurate and updated since the Ministry would be using this for further communication. This includes name and phone number. Entries with incomplete profiles would not be considered.
- Ministry of Women & Child Development reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Contest and/ or the Terms & Conditions/ Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria. However, any changes to the Terms & Conditions/ Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria, or cancellation of the Contest, will be updated/ posted on the MyGov platform and/ or the Ministry’s website (www.mwcd.nic.in). It would be the responsibility of the participants to keep themselves informed as to any changes in the Terms & Conditions/ Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria stated for this Contest.
- Participants need to submit their entry for the complete Contest. Partial/ Incomplete entries would not be considered for evaluation.
B. Technical Parameters
i. The SMS must be only on the theme of valuing and educating the girl child and must conform to the essence of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme. Some of the suggested themes are indicatively:
a. Enhancing the value of the girl child
b. Promoting social customs geared towards gender equality
c. Importance of higher education in empowering the girl child
d. Reversing son-centric rituals
e. Removal of social evils like dowry
f. Promotion of Simple weddings and prevention of child marriage
g. Any other
ii. The content should be innovative and catchy.
iii. It should not exceed 130 characters (including space, comma and full stop) in English and 66 characters in Hindi.
iv. It can be either in Hindi or English language.
v. It can be prose, poem or a slogan on the theme.
vi. Participants should not imprint or watermark the entries.
C. Evaluation Criteria:
- All entries received by the Ministry would be initially assessed by a Screening Committee. Subsequently, approved entries would be assessed for awards by a Selection Committee for the final evaluation.
- Entries would be judged on the basis of elements of composition, creativity, originality, and how well they communicate the theme of the scheme.
- The decision of the Selection Committee would be final and binding on all the contestants. No clarifications would be issued to any participant for any of the decisions.
- The disqualified entries shall not be used by the Ministry for any purpose and the Ministry shall have no intellectual rights over the same.