Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam(Women’s University), Tirupati, Directorate of Distance Education has given Distance B.Ed admission notification 2015 on October 1st, 2014 and invites applications from eligible and iterested woman candidates for Spot admissions into Distance B.Ed Course in its Study Centres. So,Candidates have to apply to DDE, SPMVV, however admissions will be done at study centers or Contact to 8019405275.
About the University:
The University was started in 1983 with the object of empowering women with higher education and making them self-reliant. To this end the University offers courses that serve the dual purpose of academic excellence with applied orientation.
The courses aim at developing knowledge and skills required to seek gainful occupation, work ethics, work culture and developing social awareness and responsibility by interaction with society.
The Directorate of Distance Education, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati offers Bachelor of Education Program for working women teachers, based on the norms of NCTE right from the year 2001 and Master of Education Program
B.Ed(DM) Program Objectives:
To prepare inservice teachers to understand the pedagogy and its application.
To develop competence and commitment to teach students with individual differences.
To create awareness to global changes and local realities and to act aptly.
To sensitize the inservice teachers with social responsibility by undertaking projects.
To expose the inservice teachers to indigenous and modern technology applied in education.
To prepare insevice teachers with effective communicative skills, professional values and ethics.
The duration of the Program is of two years as per NCTE Norms.
No. of Seats:
The intake capacity for B.Ed(DM) Program is 500 women teachers.
Women teachers having a Bachelor’s Degree with atleast 50 percent of marks, working on regular basis in a Recognized Primary/Elementary/Secondary School/College with atleast 2 years of experience.
The following criteria will be followed in the selection:
Criteria I: Teachers working in the Government/Aided Schools having Service Registers.
Criteria II: Craft/ PET/ Drawing/ Music teachers and other such teachers having Service Registers.
Criteria III: Teachers working in Government/ Aided Schools as Vidya Volunteers/ Hostel Wardens.
Criteria IV: Teachers working in Unaided Recognized Private Schools.
Criteria V: Lecturers working in recognized Colleges/Institutions.
- Candidates called for interview should submit their Service Certificates and No Objection Certificate countersigned by the competent authorities/authorities concerned at the time of admission.
- The University will follow the rule(s) of reservation that are in vogue.
Structure of the Distance B.Ed Course
I.A-Internal Assessment, E.A-External Assessment (University Exams)
Paper -I Foundations of Education
Paper -II Psychology of Teaching and Learning
Paper –III School Management & Issues in Education
Paper-IV Information & Communication Technology (ICT) in Education
Paper-V Methods of Teaching School Subject – I
Paper-VI Methods of Teaching School Subject – II
Total Marks for Internal Assessment:6×20=120
Total Marks for Internal Assessment:6×80=480
Total Marks= 600
- Community Studies
- Case Study & Life Skills
- School Study & Action Research
- Information & Communication Technology
Total Marks for Projects:4×40= 160
C. Records Related to Practicum of two School Subjects:
1 Micro – teaching: 80
2 Teaching Practice cum Internship (Lesson Plan-100 marks & Observation-100marks)= 200 Marks
3 Scholastic Achievement: 40
Total= 320 Marks
D. University Practical Examination
- School Subject – I (Final Lesson): 60 Marks
- School Subject – II (Final Lesson): 60 Marks
Total: 120 Marks
Grand Total of Theory & Practicum = (600+160+320+120) = 1200 Marks
Note: Communicative English shall be offered as Add on Course.
The following combinations of school subjects are offered under Methodology Subjects (School Subjects).
- Mathematics & Physical Sciences
- Mathematics & English
- Mathematics & Telugu
- Physical Sciences & English
- Physical Sciences & Telugu
- Biological Sciences & English
- Biological Sciences & Telugu
- Social Studies & English
- Social Studies & Telugu
How to Apply?
Application and prospectus can be obtained from the Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Sri Padmavati Mahila University, Tirupati, by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope (Rs. 45/- for Registered post) of size 28cms x 13cms along with a Demand Draft for Rs.600/- of any Nationalized Bank drawn in favour of the Registrar, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam payable at Tirupati, with the name and address of the applicant written on the reverse of the draft, or by submitting the Demand Draft in person on given date at website. Application can also be downloaded from the University website www.spmvv.ac.in. Applications received without service certificate and other required certificates cannot be considered.
Directorate of Distance Education, SPMVV has study centers distributed over Andhra Pradesh and Telangana States. The list of centers will be displayed during admission time. Each study centre accommodates 100 students. Selected candidates shall be allotted to the study centers as per their choice on first come first basis
Medium of instruction and Exams: English/Telugu
Study material in English/Telugu will be supplied to the candidates at the time of admission/during the course periodically.
An amount of Rs. 15,200/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand two hundred only) will be collected from each candidate selected for admission towards tuition fee/special fee, user charges and study material. Fee once paid will not be refunded either in full or in part for any reason.
List of Documents:
Check whether the following documents are enclosed with the application:
- Identity Card
- Passport Size Photos – 2, Stamp Size Photos – 2
- Attested Copy of S.S.C.
- Attested Copy of the Degree Certificate, Provisional Certificate of the qualifying examinations
- Attested Copy of the Study Certificate of Intermediate and Degree/ Residence Certificate for a minimum of 7 years of stay.
- Attested Copy of Conduct Certificate from the Institution last studied.
- Attested Copy of the Latest Integrated Caste Certificate.
- Attested Copy of the relevant certificate if reservation is claimed under other Special Category
- Attested Copy of the Service Register duly signed by the Competent Authority (for in-service regular teacher only).
Important Instructions to Candidates
Before filling the applications, read instructions carefully and fill all the columns in the application.
- Use only prescribed application supplied by the DDE or download from the DDE website www.spmvv.ac.in. Downloaded application should be accompanied by a D.D for Rs.600/- towards the cost of application drawn in favour of The Registrar, S.P.Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati.
- No refund of fee will be made once paid. There is no fee concession for any category of students. Fee once paid by the candidate will neither be refunded nor adjusted partly or fully.
- After admission, every student will be allotted an enrollment number which she should invariably mention along with period of study in all her future correspondence with DDE failing which, DDE will not show any attention to such correspondence.
- Change in address if any, should be immediately communicated to the DDE.
- All communications will be mailed to the students by regular post to the address of the students as per the records of DDE. The students are advised to make necessary arrangements in their respective delivery post offices at their end to get the different communications from the DDE properly without delay. DDE will not bear responsibility for any postal delays.
- Change of methodology or medium is permitted before the last date of admission on payment of Rs.300/- by way of D.D. drawn in favour of the Registrar, SPMVV, Tirupati along with request letter.
- Change of study centre if desired, the candidates are advised to address a request letter to the Director, DDE stating the reasons for change of the study centre along with a fee of Rs.500/- by way of D.D. drawn in favour of The Registrar, SPMVV, Tirupati and such request shall be considered if the reasons stated are quite satisfactory.
- 80% of attendance in theory and 100% of attendance in practicals is must for every candidate seeking B.Ed(DM)Program. No condonation for any reason(s) stated thereof shall be permitted, failing which the candidate has to putup the remaining percentage of attendance by paying the fee as given below:
i) After 1st year Rs.2,000/-
ii) After 2nd year Rs.3,000/-
iii) After 3rd year Rs.4,000/-
If the Candidate could not complete B.Ed(DM) Program within the scheduled period of the Program, she will be given chance of completing the same in three consecutive years, failing which her admission into the course gets cancelled automatically.
- The University reserves the right to start or not to start any course if sufficient number of applications are not received.
- Candidates should abide by the conditions, rules and regulations stipulated by the DDE and the University applicable from time to time.
- Filled in applications shall be submitted to the Director, Directorate of Distance Education, S.P. Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati -517502 by Registered Post/Speed Post or in person.
For all further information and enquiries Contact The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, S.P. Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati–517502 (A.P), Ph: 0877–2284524, 2284604 during office working hours between 10.00 AM and 5.00 PM.
Cost of the application and registration: Rs. 600/-
Last date for submission of application: Spot admissions are available
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details