State Level Science Seminar to TS Teachers/Teacher Educators on 28th February 2020. SCERT Telangana, Department of Mathematics and Science is going to conduct One Day State Level Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Science Education” on 28th February to Teacher Educators/Teachers and other field functionaries of School Education on the occasion of National Science day (28th February 2020).
In 2019, State Level Science Seminar was conducted on “SCIENCE IN THE SCHOOLS” on On 28th February 2019 to Teacher Educators/Teachers and other field functionaries of School Education
SCERT, Telangana, Hyderabad has given Proceedings Rc.No.639 on January 4th, 2020 for Conduct of one day Science Seminar to TS Teachers /Teacher Educators Teachers at State level and other field functionaries in the State On 28 February 2020 on the occasion of National Science day
The NCERT is going to organize one day Science Seminar on Emerging Trends in Science Education for Teacher Educators Teachers and other field functionaries of School Education on 28 February 2020, on the occasion National Science day. The venue of the Seminar will be the Godavari Auditorium, SCERT, TS, Hyderabad.
Guidelines on the State Level Science Seminar 2020
SCERT Telangana has given detailed guidelines on the State Level Science Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Science Education” On 28 February 2020.
|Theme||“Emerging Trends in Science Education”|
|Sub-themes||1. Role of Periodic Table in Expanding the knowledge of Science & Technology.|
2. Grooming Students towards Emerging Technologies
3. Experiential Learning in Science and Development of Science Skills (Quote Specific Experiences).
The objectives of the Seminar: To encourage teachers
- To explore emerging trends in Science Education.
- To implement new practices in teaching Science to make it more effective.
- To make Science Education more relevant to contemporary needs and challenges of individuals as well as society.
- To make school as a hub for Science related activities.
- To help students to develop investigation skills.
- To guide the students to apply the scientific concepts in real-life situations.
Papers are invited From Science Teachers, Teacher Educators, Researchers, field functionaries, NGOs working in the areas of School and Teacher Education.
Paper (write up) format:
The contributors have to send their paper (write up) in English version or Telugu version in the following format on the subthemes mentioned above.
|Personal details||a. Name,|
c. Phone No,
d. Email ID,
f. Passport size photo.
|Title of the Topic|
|Objective/objectives Description of the presentation|
|Conclusion and Implications|
Instructions for Paper (Write up):
- In the English version, the software should be in MS Word with font size ’12’ (Times New Roman) not exceeding a thousand words or 4 pages. In Telugu version, the Software should be ‘Anu’ font-size ’18’ or any software (I leap etc.) in PDF format.
- The last date for the submission of seminar papers (write-ups) along with soft copy is 8 February 2020.
- Mailing address: Department of Mathematics and Science, opp. L.B Stadium ‘E’ Gate, Aliya School compound, SCERT, Hyderabad, 500001 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After screening of Seminar papers (write-ups) only, selected candidates will be invited to give their presentation on 28th February 2020.
- For further details contact: 9346307565, 9966094001.
- The venue of the Seminar: Godavari Auditorium, SCERT Campus, SCERT, Telangana State, Hyderabad.
- The T.A & DA for the selected participants will be borne by SCERT, TS as per TSTA norms.
Science Seminar Theme for 2020: “Emerging Trends in Science Education”
Science Seminar Sub-themes for 2020:
- Role of Periodic Table in Expanding the knowledge of Science & Technology.
- Grooming Students towards Emerging Technologies
- Experiential Learning in Science and Development of Science Skills (Quote Specific Experiences).
For the above state level seminar, seminar papers are invited from teachers, teacher educators, other field functionaries and NGOs who are associated with Science Education. The last date for the submission of the seminar paper is 8 February 2020.
The District Educational Officers may take the initiative to disseminate the information to all the schools in the District and encourage the Science Teachers to send the write-ups in the prescribed format within the stipulated time.
The Principals of IASES, CTES and DIET and Private D.Ed., B.Ed. Colleges are requested to take initiative in sending the write-ups written by the Teacher Educators in the prescribed format within the stipulated time. The private Teacher Education colleges (B.Ed. and D.ELED.) in their respective Districts with instructions to send the write-ups to the SCERT within the stipulated time.
After screening of write-ups, only selected candidates will be invited to give their presentation on 28th February 2020 at State level. The TA & DA for the selected participants will be borne by SCERT as per TS TA norms. The details of the State level seminar are annexed with this order
TS SCERT: Conduct of one day Science Seminar to TS Teachers/Teacher Educators in the Sate On 28th February on the occasion of National Science day on 28th February.
THEME for 2019: “School Science Curriculum – Needs and Challenges”
Sub-themes for 2019:
a. Innovative Science teaching for creative minds
b. Development of values through science teaching
c. ICT Science Teaching
The theme for 2018: “PROMOTION OF SCIENCE IN THE SCHOOLS”
Sub Themes fro 2018:
- Routines of the school activities for promotion of process skills in Science learning
- The collaboration of school with organizations/institutions/ universities for the development of scientific attitude among the student community.
- Motivating the students towards science as a career.
- Creativeness and inventiveness in science teaching. o Activities to protect Bio-Diversity and Environment.
The theme for 2017: “INNOVATIONS IN SCIENCE EDUCATION”
The Sub Themes of the Science Seminar are for 2017:
1. Innovations in Classroom practices of Science Teaching.
2. Innovations in the development of Scientific Attitude and Scientific Temper among the student community.
3. Utilization of community resources in Science Teaching.
4. Science in daily life.