The applications for the Tata Innovation Fellowship 2021 have opened on dbtepromis.gov.in or dbtindia.gov.in. It is awarded to PhD holders with outstanding track records in biological sciences and biotechnology who have contributed to finding solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture, environment, and other allied areas of life sciences and Biotechnology.
The Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology has invited applications from interested and eligible candidates on or before November 30. The selected candidates will be granted a fellowship of Rs 25,000 per month in addition to their regular salary from the host institute. In addition, candidates would also be given a contingency grant of Rs 6 lakh annually.
Applicants must be below the age of 55 years as of the closing date of the application. The candidates must hold a PhD degree in life sciences, agriculture, veterinary science, or a master’s degree in medical sciences, engineering, or an equivalent degree in biotechnology and related areas. It is also mandatory to have outstanding contributions and publications in the specific area.
The candidate must hold a permanent position in an institute and must be engaged in research and development. Those who are availing of any other fellowship will be required to opt for only one of the fellowships.
|Name of the fellowship||Tata Innovation Fellowship 2022|
|Title||Apply for TATA Fellowship 2021|
|Subject||Department of Biotechnology released TATA Fellowship 2021 notification|
|Deadline||November 30, 201|
Eligibility for Tata Innovation Fellowship
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology / related areas. The applicant must have outstanding contribution and publication in the specific area.
- The candidate must have a regular permanent position in a University/Institute/ Organization and should be engaged in research and development. If he/she is availing any other fellowship, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
- The applicant should have spent at least 5 years in India before applying for the fellowship.
- Open to Indian Nationals residing in India who are below the age of 55 years as on closing date of application submission. The fellowship is co-terminus with the superannuation of fellow in his/her organization.
Submission of applications: Applicants are sought in response to advertisement every year published in DBT website/national dailies/science magazines.
Achievements: So far department has supported 66 Fellows in which 25 Fellows have been supported in last 5 years
Tata Innovation Fellowship Amount
- The amount of the fellowship is Rs. 25,000/- per month in addition to regular salary from the host institute. If an awardee is receiving salary from an international organization, he/she will be entitled for research grant i.e. contingency only.
- In addition, each Fellow will receive a contingency grant of Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum for meeting the expenses on consumables, equipment, international and domestic travel, manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of ongoing research project under the fellowship
How to apply for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2021?
Applications are invited for “Tata Innovation Fellowship”, a highly competitive scheme instituted by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India to recognize and reward scientists with outstanding track record in Biological sciences/Biotechnology to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture, environment and other allied areas related to life sciences and Biotechnology.
- The applicants will be required to download and take a hard copy of the application form from the official website dbtindia.gov.in.
- As per the official statement, the application form has to be duly forwarded by the competent authority of the host Institute which candidates will need to send to the below-mentioned address:
- “Dr. Deo Prakash Chaturvedi, Scientist-C, Room No 814, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Floor, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110003, not later than November 30, 2021.”
- Candidates can submit the soft copy of the application in the prescribed proforma online through the DBT ePromis portal on or before the scheduled date.
|Tata Innovation Fellowship Program 2021-22 Advertisement and Application Format||View|