The Government of Telangana State has newly launched Web portal for SCERT. So the new Telangana State SCERT official web portal is ready to access for more information of School Education, Text Books, Syllabus, Modules, Hand Books, Evaluation Process, ebooks and Curriculum etc. The Present official web portal APSCERT. GOV. IN will continue for the Andhra Pradesh State.
The State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT)
The State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Telangana State was formed in 1967 on the lines of NCERT, New Delhi and a measure of decentralization of functions for quality education, research and training. It is an apex body to the School Education Department, Government of Telangana looking after academic matters of School Education viz., designing school curriculum, development of text books, hand books, modules, teacher education curriculum, developing evaluative procedures for classes from 1st to 10th class, planning and implementing quality in-service teacher trainings and doing functional research activities etc.
SCERT Telangana, was established on 27-07-1967 mixing the following institutions:
1. The State Institute of Education.
2. The State Bureau of Education and Vocational Guidance.
3. The State Science Education Unit and
4. The State Evaluation Unit. TGSCERT organizes in-service teacher education programmes for teachers of Directorate of School Education. Special workshops for Heads of Schools are also undertaken. SCERT along with DIETs organizes in-service training/orientation programmes for Heads of Schools, Educational Administrators, Teachers and other Educational functionaries. SCERT is responsible for material development both for children and support materials for teachers. Other functions include research in various aspects for qualitative improvement of school education. SCERT-DIETs is also resource support organisation for Universal Elementary Education Mission (UEEM), under which Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan and Primary Education Enhancement Programmes are undertaken. SCERT also conducts an In-service B.Ed Programme for Assistant Teachers which is recognized by NCTE.
Aims and Objectives:
- i) To assist and advise the administration of Delhi in the implementation of its policies and major programmes for human resource development especially in the field of education, woman and child development, national integration and related areas.
- ii) To promote educational researches and training of teachers and other personnel.
- iii) To develop the curriculum, aiming at an all-round development of the child, and at all levels of education.
- iv) To develop and produce teaching-learning materials.
- v) To develop Educational Technology for use in the teaching-learning activities and training programmes and to provide Distance Education.
- vi) To devise the systems and approaches for qualitative education.
- vii) To develop scientific processes of evaluation of the pupil and the educational programmes and institutions.
- viii) To develop the strategies to achieve the goals of education for equality.
- ix) To establish linkages with NCERT, various department of Universities of Delhi, Administration of U. T. of Delhi, Deptt. of Education, other educational institutions of Central and Delhi Administration.
- x) To develop, adopt/adapt, & produce curricular materials, text-books and other related instructional materials.
- xi) To develop educational materials for the education of and guidance to children from the disadvantaged group.
- xii) To guide, develop & provide educational materials for non-formal education/educational functional literature.
- xiii) To promote and assist Delhi Administration in SUPW & Vocational Education in the State/U.T. of Delhi.
- xiv) To improve the existing examination system and to prepare relevant materials in different areas for schools education.
- xv) To provide pre-service and in-service training to teachers at all levels of school education.
Mission and Vision:
- To work towards universal elementary education of equitable quality for all children in Telangana State.
- To work towards quality improvement at all spheres and all levels of education.
- To work towards universal adult literacy.
- To act as a resource support agency for policy, planning, research, training & material development for the school system in Telangana State.
- To act as an affiliating agency for elementary and pre-school teacher education courses and teacher education institutions working in the Telangana State.
- To design Courses for the professional development of teachers.
- To frame curricula, syllabi, textbooks, materials and evaluation framework for educational administrators, teachers and children.
Role and Functions:
- To act as an agent of change in school education.
- To supervise the working of the Teacher Training Colleges.
- To arrange in-service training for different categories.
- To organize programmes for corresponding-cum-contact courses.
- To produce curricula instructional materials, text-books for the use of educational institutions.
- To provide extension service.
- To co-ordinate the work of extension service centres of the teachers training institutions in the state.
- To organize and implement the special educational projects sponsored by UNICEF, NCERT.
- To prescribe teacher training centres.
- To produce instructional materials.
- To conduct studies of the various problems of education.
One of the main functions of SCERT is to organise Pre-Service and In-Service Teacher Education.
1. Pre-Service Teacher Education
Pre-Service Teacher Education (PSTE) in the form of a two-year course in Elementary Teacher Education is provided in DIETs and Private Institute.
2. In-service Teacher Education
In-Service Teacher Education is one of the major functions of SCERT.