TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship 2020 notification released on its Telangana E Pass Web Portal. TS Overseas Scholarship Selection for SC, ST and Minority students. TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship for pursuing Foreign Education abroad under the Telangana Overseas Study Scheme.
TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme is a Financial Assistance for SC/ST/Minority Students for Pursuing Higher Studies Abroad. This scheme was introduced for the candidates belong to SC/ST/Minorities categories.
Candidates who are eligible can fill the online registration form on the official website. The candidates who secure 60% of marks in Engineering Management, Pure Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Medical & Nursing, Social Sciences, and Humanities can apply for the registration process.
Telangana Social Welfare, Tribal Welfare Department and Minority Welfare department has published the TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship 2020 notification and Online applications are invited for grant of Rs.20.00 lakhs as financial assistance to SC / ST/Minority students who are desirous of pursuing higher studies in professional courses like Medicine/Engineering/Pharmacy/ Nursing/ pure Sciences/ Humanities/Social studies, etc. in Foreign Universities.
Foreign Study Scholarship registrations of SC, ST and Minority applications are now open at Telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in. “Minority students Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarships”, “ST Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship”, “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi for SC, ST”
The government provides quality education to minority, SC and ST students in the Telangana state like anywhere in the country. Minority, SC and ST students are providing financial assistance of Rs 20 lakh to pursue higher studies abroad. The scheme has been applied to five countries in the past (US, UK, Australia, Canada and Singapore). It has now expanded to ten countries. In addition, it has now expanded to France, Germany, South Korea, Japan and New Zealand. The reservation for women has also been made. 221 students in 2015; 358 in 2016, 350 in 2017, 333 in 2018, 250 in 2019. A total of 1685 students benefited from the scheme.
|Overseas Scholarship name||TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi|
|Overseas Scholarship amount||Rs.20 lakhs amount for foreign study|
|No.of Scholarships||500 Scholarships would be sanctioned under this scheme|
|Courses||Medicine/Engineering/Pharmacy/ Nursing/ pure Sciences/ Humanities/Social studies|
|Foreign Universities||USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, France, Germany, South Korea, Japan and New Zealand|
Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities. Registrations for Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme are open. The last date for Registration is (see date below). The government is providing financial assistance of Rs 20 lakh in the form of scholarships to the Scheduled Caste /ST /Minority students through Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Pathakam.
For Minority Students:
TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarships to Minority Students. Interested and eligible candidates can apply at telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in on. Students whose parental income is below Rs 5 lakh per annum from all sources and who are below 35 years as on July 1 are eligible. Candidate should have secured 60 per cent of marks. Only one person per family is eligible under this scheme.
For SC Students:
TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship to SC Students. Interested and eligible candidates can apply at http://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in on. An interview for registered candidates would be held at the office of the Director, Masab Tank, DSS Bhavan, 3rd floor. Students should attend with their original documents for verification by the State Level Screening Committee. Students whose parental income is below Rs 5.00 lakh per annum from all sources and who are below 35 years as on July 1 are eligible. Candidate should have secured 60 per cent of marks. Only one person per family is eligible under this scheme.
For ST Students:
TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship to ST Students: Interested and eligible candidates can apply at http://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in from April 16th, 2019. Students whose parental income is below Rs 5 lakh per annum from all sources and who are below 35 years as on July 1 are eligible. Candidate should have secured 60 per cent of marks. Only one person per family is eligible under this scheme
SC, ST, Minority Students Overseas Scholarships notification would be released by Telangana State Government. Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme scholarships for SC, ST Students. Eligible students can aply for SC, ST Ambedkar Overseas Study Scheme scholarships and fill the required details in the SC, ST Ambedkar Foreign Study Scheme scholarship Online application
Minority Students Overseas Scholarships notification would be released by Minority Welfare Department. Eligible minority students may apply for the Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme on Minorities CM’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme web portal. Candidates may fill the required information in the Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme scholarships Online application for getting the Minority Students Overseas Study Scheme scholarships under the Minority Students Ambedkar Foreign Study Scheme scholarships
Modified Orders for Overseas Scholarships:
G.O.Ms.No.66. Dated: 09.11.2017: Government of Telangana – Scheduled Caste Development (Edn) Department – SCDD- Education – Certain modifications in the existing financial Assistance Schemes such as “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC & ST Students / Overseas Study Scheme for MW Students /Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Schemes for BC Students” for pursuing higher studies in foreign countries – Modified Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.36, TW (Edn.2) Dept, Dt:04.06.2013.
2. G.O.Ms.No.54, SW (Edn.2) Dept, Dt:28.06.2013.
3. G.O.Ms.No.7, SCD (Edn) Dept., Dt:29.04.2015.
4. G.O.Ms.No.24, MW (Estt.I) Dept., Dt.19.05.2015.
5. G.O.Ms.No.2, SCD (Edn) Dept., Dt:04.02.2016.
6. G.O.Ms.No.23, BCW (B) Dept, Dt:10.10.2016.
7. U.O.No.2672/MW.Estt.I/A2/2017, Dt:28.07.2017.
In the references 1st to 6th read above, Government of Telangana have issued orders granting the Financial Assistance to the meritorious SC/ST/MW and BC students to enable them to pursue higher studies in Post Graduate /Ph.D Courses in Foreign Universities subject to the certain eligibility conditions under Overseas Scholarship Schemes such as Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC & ST Students/ Overseas Study Scheme for MW Students /Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Schemes for BC Students.
2. In the reference 7th read above, the Minority Welfare Dept., has informed that a meeting was held on 19.07.2017 under the Chairmanship of Advisor to Government, Minorities Welfare with the Spl.CS/ Prl.Secy/Secretaries of Welfare departments including concern HODs.Wherein certain changes have been proposed to extend the benefit in large scale under the above-said schemes.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter hereby issue the following orders in partial modification of the orders issued in the reference first to sixth read above:
|Criteria||Addl. Common Criteria which is not included in the existing guidelines|
|10 Countries eligible||USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Germany, New Zealand, Japan, France and South Korea.|
|Income Criteria||Family Income shall be less than Rs.5.00 lakhs per annum from all sources.|
|Listing of Universities||Top Universities in the above said (10) Countries|
|Double P.G.||P.G. will be allowed for P.G. Admission in case of Humanities only.|
|MandatoryRequirements (i)||He/She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS and GRE/GMAT with the following minimum scores.|
1. TOEFL – 60
2. IELTS – 6.0
3. GRE – 260
4. GMAT – 500
|MandatoryRequirements||The Candidate shall not change the University/Course/research topic for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.|
|MandatoryRequirements||10% of overseas scholarships are reserved|
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xi)||The merit list generated with weightage of|
Degree marks – 60%
GRE/GMAT – 20%
IELTS/ TOEFL – 20%
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xii)||The applicants to fill the educational qualification marks with secured marks along with total marks in the online application.|
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xiii)||The applicants will fill the correct details in the online application form, the applicants who give false details, their application will be rejected and action initiated against the individual.|
(i) 5% of the Target for BCs reserved for EBCs.
(ii) For income criteria, the income of the parents+ if an employed student only to be considered not family.
(iii) Relaxation of 60% minimum marks in degree / PG should be considered only, subject to as the candidate gets adequate score in eligibility tests such as GRE / GMAT and IELTS/TOEFL and gets unconditional admission in the abroad Universities / Institutions in case if the registrations are not up to the expected levels within the Budget allocated and to be done only on case to case basis by the Government.
3. The Director, SCDD., TS., Hyd., Deputy Director(PMU), O/o. the Director, SCDD., TS., Hyd., and the Senior Project Manager, CGG, Hyd., are therefore requested take necessary steps to update the epass website to carry out the above changes immediately.
4. The Director, SCDD /Commissioner of Tribal Welfare/Director of B.C. Welfare/ Director of Minorities Welfare TS., Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
5. The above orders will come into force with immediate effect only.
6. This order issued with the concurrence of Finance Department, vide their U.O.No.2802/ 198/ SCSDF/ 2017, dated 28-08-2017
TS Overseas Study Scheme Scholarship Details:
1. Scholarship name: TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme Scholarship 2018
2. Scholarship amount: 20 lakhs for Foreign Studying
3. How many Scholarships: “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” would be sanctioned to 500 SC/ST/Minority students every year and is open to all eligible SC/ST/Minority student graduates to pursue Post Graduate studies abroad.”
4. Professional course: Medicine/Engineering/Pharmacy/ Nursing/ pure Sciences/agriculture sciences/ Humanities/Social studies, etc. in Foreign Universities
5. Foreign Universities: USA /UK /Australia, Canada and Singapore
1. Candidate should belong to SC community & should be native of State of Telangana.
2. Total family income should not exceed Rs.5 lakhs per annum for STs and not exceed Rs.2.00 lakhs per annum for SCs and also minority students
3. 1st class marks in Graduation is compulsory for pursuing PG studies abroad.(60%)
4. 1st class marks in PG.is compulsory for pursuing Ph.D studies abroad.
One child in a family one time Award:
Not more than one child of the same parents / guardian’s will be eligible and to this effect a self certificate will be required from the candidate. The awardee cannot be considered for the second or subsequent times as the individual can be awarded only once in a lifetime.
1. SC Students Income limit is 5 lakhs: whose family income is less than Rs.5.00 lakhs per annum from all sources are eligible. Total income from all sources of the employed candidates or his/her parents/guardians, shall not exceed Rs.5.00 lakhs per annum. In case of employees, salary certificate from the employer is a must. In all cases the income certificate must be obtained through MEE SEVA. A copy of the latest Tax Assessment, as well as the latest monthly salary slip from the employer, is also required to be enclosed with the application.
2. For ST Students: Income limit is 5 lakhs
3. For Minority Students: Income limit is 5 lakhs
Age limit: The Maximum age under the scheme shall not exceed 35 years as on 1st July of the year of advertisement.
1) For Post Graduate Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation Degree in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine & Nursing /Social Sciences/Humanities.
2) For PhD Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in P.G course in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences /Medicine / Social Sciences/ Humanities.
d) One child in a family one-time Award: Not more than one child of the same parents/guardian’s will be eligible and to this effect, a self-certification will be required from the candidate. The awardee cannot be considered for the second or subsequent times as the individual can be awarded only once in a lifetime.
e) Countries eligible under the Scheme: USA, UK, Australia, Canada, and Singapore.
i) He/She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS & GRE/GMAT.
ii) He/She should have obtained admission in an accredited Foreign University.
iii) He/she should possess a valid Passport.
iv) The Candidates are required to make their own efforts in seeking admission in accredited University/Institution abroad.
v) The selected candidate has to join the concerned university within one year of communication of selection. On the expiry of this specified period of time, the award will be automatically cancelled and come to an end. No request for extension of time for availing the award is permissible under the Scheme.
vi) The candidate shall not change the course of study or research for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.
vii) It will be the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the
appropriate visa for a country wherein one intends to study further under award from the Scheme and the Visa issuing authorities may kindly see that only such type of visa be issued which only permits the candidate to pursue specified course abroad and thereafter the candidate returns to India.
viii) The applications should be complete in all respects and should be accompanied by all relevant documents. The applications, incomplete in any respect, are liable to be rejected. ts Ambedkar overseas Vidya Nidhi scholarship scheme, ts foreign education scheme, Telangana overseas study scheme for sc/st/minority students, last date for apply
The registered students shall be shortlisted for grant of scholarship by a State Level Selection Committee headed by the Principal Secretary, Social Welfare/Tribal Welfare
How to apply/ Registration for Overseas Scholarships:
For SC Students, ST Students and Minority Students: Interested students shall apply through given the link in prescribed format along with documents.
For SCs: Candidates should attend the certificates verification at O/o Director SCDD, Masab tank, DSS Bhavan, 3rd floor, Hyderabad to be announced
- How many scholarships sanctioned under TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme?
Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” Scholarships would be sanctioned to 500 SC/ST/Minority students every year and it is open to all eligible SC/ST/Minority student graduates to pursue Post Graduate/PhD studies abroad.
- Which countries are eligible under this Scheme?
USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, France, Germany, South Korea, Japan and New Zealand
The student shall submit the following documents:
1. Caste Certificate from Mee Seva.
2. Income Certificate from Mee Seva.
3. Date of Birth certificate.
4. Aadhar card.
5. E-pass ID Number.
6. Residential/Nativity certificate.
7. Passport copy.
8. Mark sheet from SSC/Inter/Graduate/PG level.
9. GRE /GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam/test scorecard.
10. TOFEL / IELTS scorecard.
11. Admission offer letter from Foreign University (I-20, letter of Admission or equivalent).
12. Copy of the latest Tax assessment is to be enclosed.
13. Copy of Bank Pass Book of Nationalized Bank.
14. Photo to be scanned and uploaded.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details