National Overseas Scholarship Registration 2022 link has been enabled on its official website, http://nosmsje.gov.in/ for SC students by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. Candidates who are eligible can check details and submit NOS application on the MSJE NOS web portal with required information and necessary documents.
National Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Scheduled Castes, De-notified Nomadic/ Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Labourer and Traditional Artisans. The NOS portal is open till 31-03-2022 for submission of National Overseas Scholarship online application through the Portal. All the desired candidates are advised to go through the Scheme Guidelines of NOS (SC) 2022-23 or NOS (ST) 2022 or NOS (PwD) 2022 before submission of application. NOS Scheme guidelines are available on the official web portals.
The candidates, after assessing their eligibility and suitability, as per the eligibility conditions of the NOS Scheme Guidelines, can apply online to your Ministry on the portal. The selection year period would be April-March of each year. The portal shall be opened for calling of applications for the first round from mid of February for a period of 45 days (before the beginning of selection year) and only online applications received shall be considered for award of selection. In case the slots remain unfilled, the portal will be opened again for the second cycle from 1st of September for a period of 45 days in each selection year.
Once all the slots are filled, the portal will not be reopened during the year for submission of applications. For the first round of each Selection Year, family income for last completed financial year will be taken into account for the purpose of selection. For the second round, the family income for the previous completed financial year will be taken into account for purpose of selection.
|Name of the registration||National Overseas Scholarship Registration 2022|
|Title||Complete the NOS Registration 2022 process|
|Subject||MSJE enabled the National Overseas Scholarship Online Application 2022 link|
|Last date to apply||31-03-2022|
For example, for the selections for the financial year 2022- 23, online portal for inviting applications of NOS Scholarship for first round will be opened from 15 February 2022 to 31 March 2022 and family income for financial year 2020-21 will be taken into account for purpose of selection. The portal for second round will be opened from 1st September 2022 to 15th October, 2022 and for that family income for financial year 2021-22 will be taken into account for purpose of selection.
Online applications complete in all respects only shall be considered for award. All the incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. However, the rejected candidates will have the option to apply in subsequent phases of selection. The candidates are required to submit documents as per the attached Annexure I. e. Grievances in connection with results will be entertained for up to 30 calendar days from the publication of the Result in the portal.
Eligibility Criteria for NOS:
- The Applicant belonging to ST or SC or PwD should have passed the Graduation/Post-Graduation/Ph.D examination for being eligible for the National Overseas Scholarship.
- The Applicant should get admission for regular and full time Master’s/Ph.D/Post Doctoral Courses in accredited University/Institutions in abroad after selection.
- The candidate age should below 35 years as on 1st day of July ’21 for the year 2021-22 for ST students and as on first day of April for selection year for SC students.
- Minimum qualifications for ST students:
- For Post-Doctoral: 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master’s degree and Ph.D awarded.
- For Ph.D: 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master’s degree.
- For Master’s Degree: 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- In order to be eligible for scholarship, at least 60% marks or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination would be required for SC students.
- Total family income from all sources of the applicant or his/her parents/guardians or spouse should not exceed Rs. 6.00 Lakh per annum for ST students and not exceed Rs.8.00 lakh per annum for SC students.
- Not more than one child of the same parents/guardian will be eligible.
- An individual can be given the award only once and cannot be considered for the award for a second or subsequent time.
NOS for SC Students
The National Overseas Scholarship for SC Students is a Central Sector Scheme of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to facilitate the low income students belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Denotified Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans category to obtain higher education viz., Master degree or Ph.D courses by studying abroad thereby improving their Economic and Social status. In each Selection Year, 125 fresh awards, subject to availability of funds, will be given under the Scheme
NOS for ST Students
National Overseas Scholarship for ST Students is a Central Sector Scheme of Ministry of Tribal Affairs and every year 20 fresh ST students are given scholarship for pursuing Master Degree, Ph.D, Post-Doctoral courses at abroad. The NOS applications are invited online on National Overseas Portal.
The portal is integrated with Digital Locker and fetches documents already available there and also has facility to upload documents not available on digilocker. The registered student can upload their queries and grievance on portal. There is provision of sending alerts/notifications through individual or bulk SMS and Emails to students. For monitoring purposes, it is linked to the Dashboard.
The NOS Scheme provides for financial assistance to selected ST students to pursue Post Graduation, PhD & Post-Doctoral study abroad.
- A total of 20 awards are given every year. Of these, 17 awards are for STs and 3 awards for students belonging to Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs).
- Selection is based on Interview based merit list prepared by An Expert Committee.
- Student is given 2 years to seek admission in a foreign University after selection in merit list.
- Parental/family income from all sources should not exceed Rs.6.00 lakhs per annum.
- The Scholarship comprises of tuition fee, Annual Maintenance allowance of USD 15400, Contingency Charges of USD 1532, Poll Tax, Visa Fee, Medical Insurance, Cost of Air journey, Incidental Journey expenses.
- Scholarship is disbursed through Indian Missions abroad through the Ministry of External Affairs, who in turn is reimbursed by the Ministry.
Instructions for candidates
The following documents should be in Digi lockerhttps://www.digilocker.gov.in/ under the section issued document [certificate is issued by issuing authority i.e., Aadhar card, Pan Card, 10th Board result]] and uploaded document [the documents which are not in issued document].
- Before filling the form, the selection procedure provided in the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme Guidelines 2022-23, available in the portal, may be referred.
- New Applicants applying for the Scholarship for the first time need to register under Student Register Form under the login tab.
- The applicant is required to provide accurate information while filling the form. After successful login details, a text message will be sent to the registered e-mail address.
- The E-mail address and password entered by the applicant will be the user-id and password respectively for filling of the application form. The same login-id and password will be used for any query/information from the Department.
- The applicants are required to fill the application form accurately and upload the requisite documents in order to successfully submit the application. The list of documents to be uploaded at the time of Application is at Annexure-I.
- The portal will remain open till 31st March 2022 for receiving application for the first round of selection. A list of selected/not selected candidates will be uploaded on the online portal. Individual email/messages will also be sent to all registered applicants in due course of time. Incomplete application will be rejected.
- In case of selection of the candidate, the applicant is required to submit the Attestation form and other documents as sought by the Department.
- Applicants are advised to read the detailed guidelines/ scheme guidelines 2022-23 carefully as available in the portal before filling of the application form, please check all the details before submitting, No changes will be allowed after submission of application
Steps to complete the National Overseas Scholarship Registration 2022
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Ministry of Disability Affairs would release the NOS Online Application link on its official websites, Eligible candidates can check details and submit the National Overseas Online Application on its registration web portal. All fields in the form are very important and applicants are advised to fill it carefully. Any wrong information may lead to delay/rejection of application for scholarship.
- Visit NOS website
Candidates who are eligible needs to visit the official website of National Overseas Scholarship Registration Portal, http://nosmsje.gov.in/ for SC students, https://overseas.tribal.gov.in/ for ST students in your device screen.
- Click on the Registration Link
Once you reach the official website, you can click on the Registration Link. Then a student registration form would be opened in your device screen.
- Fill the Basic Information
Candidates fill the Basic Information in the required fields. Applicants are advised to verify the information filled before submitting the form. No change in the basic information submitted will be entertained.
- Fill the Personal Information
Candidates fill the Personal Information in the required fields. Applicants should fill the current address, permanent address. Ans also fill a valid and functional Phone No. /Mobile no and Email ID of your relatives.
- Fill the Foreign University/Institute Details
The Applicant is required to provide the details of the foreign university/Institute where he/she has taken admission or he/she has applied for admission. It is mandatory to upload the supporting documents viz., the unconditional offer letter. In case, the candidate has unconditional offer letters for more than one University/Institute he/she should choose only one most preferred University/Institute and provide the details of the same Foreign University/Institute.
- Fill the Qualifying Degree/Examination Details
The Applicant for Master Degree courses abroad is required to provide the details of his/her graduation degree. The candidate applying for Ph. D. is required to provide the details of his/her Post Graduation degree.
- Fill the Employment / Gap Details
The Applicant is required to provide his/her current and/or past employment details, if any, from the qualifying examination. For example, if the applicant has completed Master in the year July, 2016 and has applied for scholarship during the year 2022-23. In this case, the applicant is required to submit the details of his/her employment or GAP details after completion of Master Degree from August, 2016 onwards, if any, while filling the details. In case of no employment by the candidate, an affidavit of the same may be attached to the concerned column.
- Fill the Visa Application details
The Applicant is required to provide details of the Visa obtained or applied for. In case the candidate has applied in any University in the United States of America, he/she is required to obtain J-1 VISA only. Applicants are advised to follow the instructions as detailed in the guidelines available in the portal.
- Fill the Prospects in India
The Applicant is required to provide the future prospects in India after completion of his/ proposed study abroad.
- Provide income details
The candidate is required to provide details of income from all sources of his/her family members. The relevant nature of employment like salaried/self employed/casual/others/unemployed for each family member along with his/her name may be filled.
- Click on the submit button
After checking the all details, click on the submit button. Your application would be submitted. Download and take a print it for future reference.
NOS Registration Links
|NOS for SC Students||NOS SC Registration|
|NOS for ST Students||NOS ST Registration|
|NOS for PwD Students||NOS PwD Registration|
List of Document Required at the Application Stage
- 10th Board Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (Caste Validity Certificate for Maharashtra).
- Scanned Signature.
- Current Address proof/Permanent Address Proof, in case different from current address.
- Qualifying Degree/Provisional Certificate.
- Mark sheet of every semester of qualifying examination.
- Proof of CGPA /SGPA conversion formula into percentage (in case percentage marks not given).
- Unconditional offer letter from foreign University.
- Certificate / Affidavit in respect of GAP details after completion of Bachelor / Master Degree (if any) if period is more than six months.
- Family Income Certificate.
- Income Tax Return in case of person filing ITR.
- Employer’s No Objection Certificate (NOC) Certificate if applicant is employed.
|Overseas Scholarship Name||Details|
|National Overseas Scholarship for ST Students||NOS for ST students|
|National Overseas Scholarship for SC Students||NOS for SC students|
|National Overseas Scholarship for PwD Students||NOS for Divyangjan|
|Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi for SC, ST||Ambedkar Overseas Scholarship|
|Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities||CM Overseas Scholarship|
|Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Overseas Vidya Nidhi for BC and EBC students||MJP Overseas Scholarship|
|AP Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship||AP Overseas Scholarship|
|AP Videshi Vidya Deevena||Overseas Study Scholarship|