School Education Department – Scheme of compassionate appointment to the deceased employees working in recognized aided institutions – Implementation of the G.O.Ms.No.113, Education (SE.PS1) Department dated 06.10.2009 with retrospective effect i.e. from 20.10.2004 – Orders – Issued.
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
G.O.MS.No.5; Dated 11.09.2014
1 G.O.Ms.No.687, GA(Ser.A) Department, dated 03.10.1977.
2 G.O.Ms.No.612, GA(Ser.A) Department, dated 30.10.1991.
3 G.O.Ms.No.30, Education (Ser.V) Department, dated 01.02.1994.
4 Govt.Memo.No.766/Ser.IV-1/94-2, Edn(Ser.IV) Dept., dated. 18.05.1995.
5 Govt.Memo.No.1366/Ser.IV-1/94-2, Edn(Ser.IV) Dept., dated. 04.07.1997.
6 Govt.Memo.No.12080/COSE/A2/2004-4,Edn(COSE)Dept., dated.20.10.2004.
7 Govt.Memo.No.8544/PS.I/2005-3, Edn (SE.PS) Dept., dated 14.11.2005.
8 G.O.Ms.No.113, Education (SE.PS1) Dept., dated 06.10.2009.
9 Govt.Memo.No.20360/SE.PS1/A1/2010, dated 09.06.2010.
10 Orders of Hon’ble High Court in WP No.31551/2010, dated 13.03.2012.
11 Govt.Memo.No.5034/SE.PS.1/A1/2011, dated 28.05.2013.
In the reference first read above, scheme of compassionate appointments to the dependents of the deceased Government employees was introduced. In the reference second read above, further instructions were issued on the scheme of compassionate appointment to the dependents of the deceased Government employees and in the reference third read above, the scheme was extended to the employees working in Aided /ZPP/Municipal Management Schools.
- Government in the reference fourth read above, clarified that the children of the deceased employees working in Aided Schools are eligible for compassionate appointmentbased on the qualifications in any Government Office/ Schools.
- Again in the reference fifth read above, Government have cancelled the orders issued vide memo dated 18.05.1995 and specific instructions were issued to the effect that the children of the deceased employees working in Aided Schools are eligible for compassionate appointments only in that School. Subsequently, in the reference 6th read above, Government imposed ban on creation / filling up of existing vacancies of aided posts in the recognized aided schools and also issued orders that the ban orders are applicable for the appointments on compassionate grounds in the Aided Schools in the reference 7th cited.
- In the G.O. eighth read above, Government have revived the scheme of compassionate appointment to the dependents of the deceased aided employees working in the aided institutions in terms of G.O.Ms.No.30, Education (Ser.V) Department, dated 01.02.1994 by taking district as a unit and providing them employment in ZP/MPP/Government offices( Not in aided institutions)
- In the reference ninth read above, Government have clarified that the orders issued in G.O.Ms.No.113, Education (SE.PS1) Department dated 06.10.2009 are with effect from the date of issue of G.O., i.e. w.e.f. 06.10.2009 ( prospective) only.
- Government have received several representations from the people’s Representative / Unions with a request to extend the benefit of the scheme of compassionate appointment with effect from 20.10.2004 (with retrospective effect)
- Government after careful examination of the matter and in supersession of the Government memo. ninth read above and to avoid hardship to the dependents of the deceased employees, working in the recognized aided institutions and in the interest of justice and equity, hereby orders that the date of implementation of the G.O.Ms.No.113, Education (SE.PS1) Department dated 06.10.2009 shall be with retrospective effect i.e. from 20.10.2004. The orders of the appointments shall come into force with prospective only and that the eligibility of the dependent shall be reckoned, as on the death of the employee.
- The Commissioner & Director of School Education, Hyderabad, shall take necessary
action accordingly and to take appropriate action for withdrawal of the Writ Petitions / Writ Appeals/SLPs etc., if any filed on the above subject matter.
- This orders issues with the concurrence of Finance Department vide their U.O.No.72/PFS/2014, dated 05.07.2014.