Sri P.V.Narsimha Rao Telangana State Veterinary University
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act 2014(Act 6 2014) – Bifurcation of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati – Establishment of New “Sri P.V.NARSIMHA RAO TELANGANA STATE VETERINARY UNIVERSITY” – Orders – Issued.
ANIMAL HUSBANDRY DAIRY DEVELOPMENT & FISHERIES (AH) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. 1 Dated: 31.07.2014.
- AP Reorganization Act 2014 (Act 6 of 2014) dated: 01.03.2014.
- G.O.Ms.No.178, GAD (SR) Department, dated: 18-05-2014.
- Board of Management SVVU Lr. No. 4043/Special.Cell/2014, dt: 28-05-2014 along with the proceeding of the 43rd Board Meeting, dt.24.05.2014.
- Circular Memo.No.13665/GA (SR), dated: 26-05-2014.
In the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014(Act 6 of 2014) the Government of India notified Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act dated: 01.03.2014, and Government of India notified 2nd June, 2014 as appointed day for formation of a new State of Telangana.
- The Veterinary Council of India, the apex body of Veterinary Education recommended to establish a Veterinary University in each State to foster Veterinary Education & Research. So far, thirteen States have established separate Veterinary Universities. There is a demand and imperative need for establishment of a separate Veterinary University in the State of Telangana.
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University located at Tirupati, Chittoor district is covering colleges in States of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana. Since S.V. Veterinary University is not included in Schedule-10 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014, Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU), Tirupati has been instructed to complete all preparatory works of bifurcation activities as prescribed by Centre for Good Governance.
- Accordingly, Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU), Tirupati, has completed the tasks outlined by the Government of Andhra Pradesh vide Circular Memo No. 7164/SR/A1/2014 dated 12-3-2014.
- The Board of Management, Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University in its 43rd Board Meeting held on 24.5.2014 has authorized the Vice-Chancellor to take all necessary action for bifurcation of the Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University and formation of New Veterinary University in Telangana State vide agenda No. 2.
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU) mandate involves Education, Research and Extension activities. Accordingly Veterinary Colleges, Research Stations and Extension Centres were established in both the successor States (erstwhile three regions) to address the location specific needs to meet above functions. At present, there are two Veterinary Colleges, one Dairy Technology College, Four Animal Husbandry Polytechnics, Two Livestock Research Stations, one Buffalo Research Station, one All India Coordinated Research Project on Poultry, one Krishi Vignana Kendra and One Fisheries Research Station functioning within the State of Telangana. It is clearly evident that the Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU) possess the adequate number of Colleges, Research Stations and Extension Centres in both the successor State of Telangana and residuary State of Andhra Pradesh so that undisrupted Teaching, Research & Extension Services are delivered to students and farming community in successor State of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh immediately after bifurcation of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU). However, since no Fisheries College & Polytechnic is located in Telangana State the Fisheries College, Muthukuru & Fisheries Polytechnic College, Bhavadevarpally may be treated as common facility as per article 371D to provide equal opportunities to students in both the States till a new Food Science & Technology College is established in Telangana State.
- In G.O.Ms.No.178, General Administration (SR) Department, dated 18.5.2014 orders were issued in order to ensure equal opportunities for qualitative higher education to all the students in successor State of Telangana and residuary State of Andhra Pradesh for a period of 10-years following the existing admission quotas and admission process in the disciplines of agriculture, horticulture and veterinary with effect from the 2nd June, 2014. Hence, post bifurcation of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU) will not disrupt in providing equal opportunities in terms of admission quotas and process to students of both the States for quality higher education in Veterinary and Fisheries Sciences.
- In circular Memo.No.13665/GA(SR)/2014, dt.26.05.2014 Government issued orders that all laws including an enactment, which were applicable to undivided State of Andhra Pradesh as on 01.06.2014, would continue to apply to the new State of Telangana and residuary State of Andhra Pradesh created by Central Act, 2014 with effect from 02.06.2014, not withstanding the bifurcation of the erstwhile State of Andhra Pradesh. Accordingly the Act No. 18 of 2005 and Statutes of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University of undivided Andhra Pradesh would be made applicable to the newly proposed operational entity of Veterinary University in Telangana State viz., P.V.NARSIMHA RAO Telangana State Veterinary University for smooth administration and to provide undisrupted Teaching, Research and Extension services post bifurcation.
- Telangana State is blessed with rich livestock resources especially Cattle and Sheep population accounting to 5.52% of country’s population. The State stands Tenth in total livestock population, 1st in sheep population, 12th in Goat population, 5th in Poultry, 13th in Bovine population and 17th in pig population, in the country as per the Livestock Census, 2007. The over all contribution of Livestock & Poultry sector to the Telangana State GDP is around 4.86% (2010-11 current prices). Though, State is having good livestock base but productivity levels are far below when compared to some advanced States such as Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat etc. Major improvements in livestock sector are possible only when Livestock Research and Veterinary Education is developed along with appropriate technologies and extension services.
- Government after careful examination of the matter have decided to establish a new University for Veterinary Sciences in the State of Telangana in the name of “Sri P.V.Narsimha Rao Telangana State Veterinary University”. The Nodal Officer / Director of Animal Husbandry, Telangana State, Hyderabad is hereby directed to take action on the following issues:-
(1) Bifurcation of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati and established under Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University Act, 2005 (Act, No.18/2005) and devolution of institutions to successor States based on their present location as per the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act, 2014. Annexure-I.
(2) To establish new Veterinary University in Telangana State to be named as ‘Sri P.V. Narsimha Rao Telangana State University for Veterinary, Animal & Fisheries Sciences’ post bifurcation and which is to be located at the existing campus at Rajendranagar, Hyderabad-500030.
(3) Adaptation of existing Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University Act, 2005 (Act, No.18/2005) & Statutes of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati during transitory period for smooth functioning of the University immediately post bifurcation as per circular memo No. 13665/GA(SR)/2014, dated: 26.5.2014 till enactment of Veterinary University Act.
ANNEXURE – I to G.O.MS.NO. 1 DT. 31.07.2014
LIST OF VETERINARY INSTITUTIONS IN TELANGANA STATE
- College of Veterinary Science, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.
- College of Veterinary Science, Korutla, Karimnagar District.
- College of Dairy Technology, Kamareddy, Nizamabad District.
II. Research Stations
- Livestock Research Station, Mahabubnagar.
- Livestock Research Station, Mamnoor, Warangal District.
- AICRP on Poultry Breeding, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.
- Network Project on Buffaloes, LRS, Mamnoor, Warangal District.
- Fisheries Research Station, Palair, Khammam District.
III. Veterinary Hospitals
- Campus Veterinary Hospital Rajendranagar, Hyderabad
- Veterinary Hospital, Mylardevpally, Ranareddy District.
- Veterinary Hospital, Bhoiguda, Secunderabad.
- Veterinary, Hospital, Warangal.
- Campus Veterinary Hospital, CVSc, Korutla.
IV. Animal Husbandry Polytechnics
- A.H. Polytechnic, Mahabubnagar. District.
- A.H. Polytechnic, Siddipet, medak District.
- A.H. Polytechnic, Karimnagar District.
- A.H. Polytechnic, Mamnoor, Warangal District.