Creation of Telangana Reorganization Grievances Cell
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
General Administration (SR) Department – Creation of Telangana Reorganization Grievances Cell – Orders – Issued.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (SR) DEPARTMENT
- O.O.Ms.No.39, General Administration (SR) Department, dated:4/3/14.
- F.No.27/13/2013 – SRS, Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, PG and Pensions, Department of Personnel & Training, New Delhi, Dated:10.3.2014.
Section 80(1) of the A.P. Reorganization Act, 2014 (No.6 of 2014) envisages that the Central Government may, by order, establish one or more Advisory Committee for the purpose of assisting it in regard to:
(a) the discharge of any of its functions relating to services; and
(b) the ensuring of fair and equitable treatment to all persons affected by the relevant provisions under the Act and proper consideration of any representations made by such persons.
- In the letter 2nd read above, the Government of India have envisaged the constitution of a State Reorganization Cell to act as the Nodal Office for coordinating the matters relating to State Services, including rendering assistance to the State Advisory Committees.
- Several representations, complaints and grievances have been received from individual organizations and employees belonging to Telangana regarding continuation of services of certain employees in connection with the affairs of the State of Andhra Pradesh and orders of the Central Government to serve provisionally in connection with the affairs of State of Telangana and also as regards to final allocation of employees to the two successor states as per provisions of the A.P. Reorganization Act 2014. Government observes that there is a need to carefully examine and process these representations with reference to the provisions of the A.P. Reorganization Act 2014 and the guidelines framed by the Advisory Committee constituted there under and forward the same to the competent authority for remedial action to redress the genuine and lawful grievances of the employees.
- Accordingly, Government hereby constitutes the Reorganization Grievance Cell with the following members :
- Sri V. Nagi Reddy, IAS Principal Finance Secretary to Government,Finance Department – Chairman
- Sri J. Raymond Peter, IAS Principal Secretary to Government, Panchayatraj & Rural Development & RWS/ Environment Forests Science and Technology Department. – Member
- Sri S.B.L. Misra, IFS Principal Chief Conservator of Forest, Forest Department – Member
- Smt. Sowmya Misra, IPS, Special Secretary to Government, Home Department – Member
- Sri K. Ramakrishna Rao, IAS Special Secretary to Government (Fin) & Special Secretary to Government (SR) Finance Department. – Member
- Sri B. Venkateswara Rao, IAS Secretary to Government (Services) (FAC) General Administration Department. – Member
- The Deputy Secretary, GA (SR) Department will be Convener of the Committee and provide all support.
- The General Administration (Political) and General Administration (Services) Department, shall provide the following staff for rendering the required secretarial support to the above Committee by way of redeployment.
Deputy Secretary to Government – 1
Assistant Secretary to Government – 1
Section Officers – 2
Asst. Section Officers – 4
D.E.Os – 4
Attenders – 2
- The Committee shall meet once in a week to examine the issues relating to local status of employees and requests of the individuals placed before it and shall send its recommendations thereon to the competent authority. The Committee shall also look into the objections regarding the published list of employees allocated or ordered to serve in Telangana State by co-opting the representatives of Telangana Secretariat Association and Telangana Non-Gazetted Officers’ Union during their meetings.
- The term of the State Reorganization Cell will be for an initial period of one year or until further orders, whichever is earlier.