TS SSC 9th & 10th Class English Question Papers and Weightage Table: All the DCEB Secretaries are hereby informed that the class IX and X question papers need to be revised according to the new weightage table and model papers attached.
For further details, you may consult the English Coordinator (Dr. P. Jani Reddy), SCERT, TS, Hyd. Please download the weightage table and the revised model question papers for class X.
REVISION OF ENGLISH QUESTION PAPER – CLASSES IX & X
- The number of MCQs are reduced in Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Paper-I ‘Creative Writing’, the textual context is used for writing essay type discourses (Major Discourse) and other Minor Discourses.
- Under ‘Vocabulary & Grammar’, the number of MCQs is reduced and other objective type questions are included.
- The number of questions under ‘Grammar & Vocabulary’ in Paper-I and II is increased without changing the total number of marks allotted for that section.
- In Paper-II, instead of two (2) reading passages three reading passages are given [un familiar/ textbook independent]. One of these is a poem. There is no change in the total number of marks allotted to that section.
- In place of MCQs, a variety of Short Answer Questions (SAQs) are included. These are
- completion of statement/ sentence,
- choosing the right word from many options,
- re-writing as directed,
- choose the correct one from the given options.
- For all ‘Vocabulary & Grammar’ questions, a context is taken and no discrete items are included.
- There is no change in domain of assessment and allotted marks for each domain.
- Under ‘Vocabulary & Grammar’, except the editing in Paper-II the remaining objective questions are optional. Hence, a variety of objective questions may be considered and there is no fixed type under this.
- The context for discourses from classes VI to VIII should be textbook based.
TS SSC 9th & 10th Class English Question Papers and Weightage Table: