TS SSC Bilogical Science Evaluation Principles, Indicators
Guide lines to the Teachers
1. Answer should be relevant and adequate to the questions.
2. Whether scientific terminology is used or not.
3. Whether sequence is followed in writing answers.
4. Answers should come out of their experiences and critical thinking.
5. Answers should carry the impression that they have understood the concepts.
6. Discourage the rote memory answers.
7. Give the importance to the creative thinking.
8. Whether the targeted academic standards are achieved or not.
9. Even the rough diagrams must be considered where diagrams are asked.
10. Ignore the spelling and grammatical mistakes.
11. Answer should reflect the impression that student has carried out the experiment in their schools.
12. Teacher should have discretion and spontaneity.
13. Should give importance to the questions of the answer not lengthy answer (no. of points).
14. Have they linked up the scientific concepts with daily life situations.
Guide lines on writing Essay type of Questions
- Read the questions with comprehension before attempting the answer.
- Write the answers after the indicators given for that particular academic standards.
- Answer should be relevant to the questions.
- While writing Essay type of answers use of scientific terms/keywords.
- Try to answer the questions on their own.
- Write the Essay type of answers in prescribed sentences.
- The answer should be Readable.
- The diagram should Reflect the concept ? This is no need of drawing artistic diagram.
- Essay type of question should have introductory part, sequential order, kay words/scientific terms analysis and conclusion.
- The answer should be logical and sequential.
- Academic standard II question requires logical reasoning.
- Basing on the question answer should reflect his own experience.
- In Essay type answers if there is need of explain the concept with diagram he/she should diagram thought it may not be asked in question.
AS I: Conceptual Understanding
(i) Explaining with diagram
(ii) Diagram should reflect the concept
(iii) Explaining flow chart with sequence
(ii) Cite Example : Describing with relevant examples/either from text book/daily life examples
(iii) Comparison : Similarities difference in tabular form
(iv) Reason : Logical and Rational Reasoning
(v) Classification : Basing on characters functions in sequential order
AS II. Asking question hypothesis
Questions to be asked:
(1) To understand to the concept
(2) To solve the doubts
(3) To discussion
(4) To image
(5) To analyze
AS III. Experiments and field investigation
(i) Experiments have to be performed on his own
(ii) Arrangement apparatus – equipments in sequence – alternate apparatus
(iii) Procedure – Observation
(iv) Visiting the field
(v) preparation of report basing on observation
AS IV. Project Collecting information
(i) Collecting information through questionnaire, interview, internet
(ii) Collected information should be arranged in tabular form
(iii) analysis of information and data
(iv) Project report
AS V. Drawing and model making
(i) Understood concept should be presented in different forms through diagrams, flow chart, graphs and models.
AS VI. Application/Appreciation/Authentic sense/Biodiversity Application in daily life situation.