TS State Best Teachers Awards for University, College Teachers -2020, Guidelines for Best Teachers Awards for the University and College Teachers in the State on the Teachers’ Day on 5th September every year. Guidelines for the selection of Teachers for Teacher Awards in the Universities and Colleges in order to maintain transparency in honoring the eligible teachers through State Teacher Awards. Thus, after careful examination of the matter, the following Guidelines are issued in supersession of the orders issued in the references, in connection with the implementation of the State Awards for the University and Colleges Teachers.
ఉత్తమ అధ్యాపకుల ఎంపికకు మార్గదర్శకాలు విడుదల:
రాష్ట్రంలోని యూనివర్సిటీలు, కళాశాలల్లో పనిచేస్తున్న ఉత్తమ అధ్యాపకుల ఎంపికకోసం ఉన్నత విద్యాశాఖ మార్గదర్శకాలను విడుదల చేసింది. గురువారం విద్యాశాఖ ప్రత్యేక ప్రధాన కార్యదర్వి రంజీవ్ ఆర్ ఆచార్య జీవో విడుదల చేశారు. వచ్చేనెల 5న రవీంద్రభారతిలో నిర్వహించనున్న ఉపాధ్యాయ దినోత్సవంలో ఉత్తమ అధ్యాపకులను ప్రభుత్వం తరఫున సత్కరించనున్నారు. అధ్యాపకులకు వివిధ అంశాలపై 300 మార్కులను కేటాయించారు. ఇందులో గరిష్ఠ మార్కులు సాధించినవారిని ఉత్తమ అధ్యాపకులుగా ఎంపిక చేయనున్నట్టు జీవోలో పేర్కొన్నారుGOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
Higher Education – Best Teachers Awards for the University and College Teachers in the State on the Teachers’ Day on 5th September every year – further Guidelines – Issued.
HIGHER EDUCATION (CE) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. 33 Dated: 30-08-2018
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.28, Higher Education (CE) Dept., dt.14-08-2018.
2. From the CCE, T.S., Hyderabad, Lr.Rc.No.3/Acad. Cell/2018, dt.24-08-2018 & 30-08-2018.
In the G.O 1st read above, the Government have issued Guidelines in connection with the implementation of the Best Teacher Awards for the University and Colleges Teachers on the Teachers’ Day of 5th September. These Guidelines did not cover the categories of Physical Directors and Librarians. Hence, in the references 2nd read above, the Commissioner of Collegiate Education has furnished the formats for the selection of Physical Directors and Librarians.
2. After careful examination of the matter, the Government in continuation of the orders issued in the reference 1st read above, hereby enclose Formats- IA and Format – IB appended to this Order, in respect of Physical Directors and Librarians respectively.
3. The Commissioner of Collegiate Education, T.S., Hyderabad, shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
Higher Education – Best Teachers Awards for the University and College Teachers in the State on the Teachers’ Day on 5th September every year – Guidelines – Issued.
HIGHER EDUCATION (CE) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:
G.O.Ms.No.95, Higher Edn. (UE.I) Dept., dt.13-03-1991.
G.O.Rt.No.491, Higher Edn.(UE.II-1) Dept, dt.6-7-2001.
G.O.Ms.No.119, Higher Edn. (UE.I) Dept., dt.18-07-2008.
G.O.Ms.No.71, Higher Edn. (UE.II.1) Dept., dt.06-08-2010.
From the CCE, T.S., Hyderabad, Lr.Rc.No.01/Acad Cell/2018, dt.18-07-2018.
Govt. Memo No.3964/CE/A1/2018, dt.04-08-2018.
From the CCE, T.S., Hyderabad, Lr.Rc.No.2/Acad.Cell/2018, dt.04-08-2018.
ORDER: In G.O 1st read above, the Government have issued orders for approving the Scheme for giving State Awards to the University and College Teachers. In the G.O 2nd read above, the number of State Awards to the teachers working in the Universities and Government & Private aided Colleges in the State have been increased from 42 to 57. In the G.Os 3rd and 4th read above, modified orders were issued on the implementation of the State Awards to the University and College Teachers.
In the reference 5th read above, the Commissioner of Collegiate Education, Telangana State, Hyderabad, has stated that they have reviewed the existing Guidelines for the selection of Teachers for Teacher Awards in the Universities and Colleges by constituting a Committee with the Vice Chairman I & II of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). The Committee made certain recommendations regarding the existing system of State Awards for Teachers. The Commissioner of Collegiate Education requested the Government to issue consolidated Guidelines in order to maintain transparency in honoring the eligible teachers through State Teacher Awards. Certain clarifications were requested from the Commissioner of Collegiate Education vide Government Memo 6th read above. The Commissioner of Collegiate Education gave his clarifications vide reference 7th read above.
Thus, after careful examination of the matter, the following Guidelines are issued in supersession of the orders issued in the reference 1st to 4th read above, in connection with the implementation of the State Awards for the University and Colleges Teachers:-
1. The Government hereby dispense with the system of obtaining applications from the Teachers for these Awards from 2018 onwards.
2. Eligibility Criteria:
1. A teacher should have put in a minimum of 10 years service, as Lecturer in Degree Colleges and for University teachers, should have put in a minimum of 10 years of service in all the Universities put together where he/she has served.
2. He/ She must be engaged in active teaching work on the date of the recommendation. However, the teachers who have retired during the previous 12 months shall also be considered.
3. A teacher who is recipient of the State Award earlier will not be considered.
4. Teachers working in Private Aided/Un-aided Degree Colleges, which have been accredited by NAAC and have been recognized under section 2 (f) of UGC, shall also be considered.
5. Detailed Formats are enclosed to this G.O, regarding the various Parameters based on which the nominations are to be made. These are Format-I for Collegiate Education; Format-IIA for Universities; Format-IIB for Agricultural and Horticultural University and Format-IIC for Veterinary University. The marks given in the Formats must be supported by evidences, facts and figures.
6. In respect of the teachers working in Open University and teachers engaged in Distance Education units of other Universities, the criteria shall be involvement of the teacher in writing, editing, supervision of reading material; development of Audio-Visual and Video material, running of Study Centers and Contribution to .the theory and practice of distance education.
3. PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION OF TEACHERS FOR THE AWARDS: INITIATION OF PROPOSALS & NOMINATION COMMITTEES:
I. a. University Teachers:
The Principal/Dean concerned shall forward the proposals of the eligible teachers in the University after recommendation by the University level Committee consisting of the Vice Chancellor and at least two Deans/Principals of Constituent Colleges to examine the recommendations of their Dean/Principals/Head of the Department concerned and nominate the teachers for consideration to the State Level Committee.
Nominations from each University shall contain details of the achievements of the teacher concerned as per these Guidelines.
b (i). Teachers in Affiliated Govt. Degree Colleges, Pvt. Aided/Unaided (NAAC Accredited) Colleges:
In the case of Affiliated Govt. Degree Colleges, Pvt. Aided/Unaided (NAAC Accredited) Colleges, the Principal concerned shall constitute a College Level Committee for the selection of eligible teachers for the State Awards. The Committee will forward the proposal after scrutiny to the District level Committee consisting of ID College Principal as Chairman and all other Govt. College Principals in the district as members, to examine the recommendations and further screen the recommendations of the Principals and to send the recommendations to the Commissioner of Collegiate Education as per these Guidelines.
(ii) A Committee shall be constituted with Commissioner of Collegiate Education and Dean, Colleges Development Council/a Nominee of the Vice Chancellor of each University to examine the recommendations of the District level Committee and to forward the nominations to the State Level Committee.
II. STATE LEVEL COMMITTEE:
The State Level Award Committee with Principal Secretary/Secretary to Govt, Education Department as Chairman; Commissioner of Collegiate Education as Convener shall also comprise the Vice-Chairman- I & II of Telangana State Council of Higher Education; Vice Chancellors of all the State Universities; Joint Director, Collegiate Education and Regional Joint Director, Collegiate Education.
4. The number of Awards for each category are as follows:-
A. For Colleges:
i. Following are the number of Awards for the Teachers, Librarians and Physical Directors in the University areas as per the number of Colleges in their jurisdiction.
ii. Under each University area, Awards to the extent of 25% shall be considered for young Teachers, who are below 40 years of age:-
|Number of Degree Colleges||Number|
|For Physical Directors||01|
B. For the Universities:
The number of Awards in each University shall be as given below:-
|No. of teachers in the Universities||Number of Awards|
|Less than 100||One|
|100-200||Two (of which one for the ‘young teacher i.e., below 40 years of age)|
|More than 200||One per hundred and part there of (of which Two for the ‘young’ Teacher i.e., below 40 years of age)|
5. AWARD AND PRIZE MONEY:
The Award winner shall be honored with a Certificate of Merit, Shawl, Gold plated Silver Medal and Cash Award of Rs.10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand only).
The Commissioner of Collegiate Education, T.S., Hyderabad, shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
TS State Best Teachers Awards for University, College Teachers – Guidelines 2018