National Education Day Celebrations, Moulana Abul Kalam Azad (11th November) birthday is to be observed as National Education Day. DSE Telangana,Rc.No.330,Dt:28109/2016.
School Education – Declaration of 11th November, the Birthday of Late Moulana Abut Kalam Azad as National Education Day Every year – Requesting for to observe the 11th November as Birthday of Late Moulana Abul Kalam Azad issue of instructions to conduct functions at State, District and Mandal level and also conduct of various Programmes – Reg.
All the District Educational Officers and Regional Joint Directors of School Education, Principals of IASEs, CTEs, DIETS in the state and GCPE Hyderabad, are requested to observe the 11U November 2016 as “Birthday of Late Sri Moulana Abut Kalam Azad” and implement the instructions issued earlier on the occasion of the Birthday of Late Moulana.
Abut Kalam Azad and requested to conduct Essay writings /Elocution /Competitions /workshops, seminars, Symposia, Rallies in villages with banners and placards and slogans on the importance of literacy to motivate the community to achieve 100 per cent literacy in ou.r state and country. The receipt of the proceedings should be acknowledged forthwith.
TSSA National Education Day Celebrations on Nov.11, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birth Day, Telangana SSA. Programme Schedule. TSSA National Education Day Celebrations on November 11
The State Project Director, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Telangana State has issued proceedings rc.no.1646 on November 7th to all the DEOs and POs of SSA in the State for Celebration of National Education Day on November 11 on the eve of the birthday of Sri Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, First Minister of Education in the Indian Government.
In this regarding certain instructions have been issued to above said them on this subject.
- Proceedings Rc.No.1646, Dated:07-11-2014
- Subject: Telangana SSA, Hyderabad – One-day celebration of National Education Day on 11/11/2014 on the eve of the birthday of Sri.Abul Kalam Azad, first Minister of Education in the Indian Government.
All the under mentioned Officers in the State are informed that, as per the approved AWP&B, National Education Day Celebrations are scheduled to be held on 11th November with an objective emphasis on the importance of education in general and for a developing country like India in particular.
Especially, in a State like Telangana needs a special focus on its education because the recent survey enlightens us on educational statistics as follows: Educational Statistics
- 1. Telangana State Literacy Rate – 66.46%
- 2. Male Literacy Rate – 74.95%
- 3. Female Literacy Rate – 57.92%
- 4. Rural Literacy Rate – 57.25%
- 5. Urban Literacy Rate – 81.09%
The schedule of the programme is expected to be on the following lines.
- Advt. in Mass Media
- Arranging the Rallies
- Arranging the speeches on the occasion by the educationalists
- Printing and distributing the pamphlets etc.
They are therefore requested to devise and implement a schedule for better propagation of need of education in the State and celebrate National Education Day throughout the State on November 11 on the eve of the birthday of Sri. Abul Kalam Azad, first Minister of Education in the Indian government and submit a Brief Report to the State Office.
The expenditure incurred, may be debited to National Education Day Celebrations as per the norms. National Education Day on November 11th
Rich tributes were paid to freedom fighter, philosopher and eminent educationist Maulana Abul Kalam Azad on his 125th birth anniversary celebrations held here on Monday. The day is being celebrated as National Education Day.
The birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, prominently known as the first union cabinet minister of Education is celebrated on 11th November since 2008. It is declared as “National Education Day in India by Government of India in 2008.
When education in India is soaring its wings in the various fields of education for the overall development of Indian students. Simultaneously striving for increasing employability of the graduates, postgraduates, the celebrations of “National Education Day” is proved to be a great impetus to the efforts of the government, educational bodies and faculties. The National Education Day is welcomed with optimism as this will ultimately add to the National development.
“If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.”
-Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
On November 11 every year, India celebrates the national education day with institutions across the country conducting competitions, seminars and workshops. Here are some points you need to know about this event and why it is an important day for the nation.
1. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad: Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was the country’s first education minister after India won independence from colonial rule. He served as the education minister from 1947 to 1958. He was born on November 11, 1888, and the National Education Day is celebrated in his memory.
2. Belief in education: Maulana Azad emphasised on quality education as he considered schools to be laboratories which produce future citizens of the country. He strongly advocated universal primary education, girls’ education, free and compulsory education for all children up to the age of 14, vocational training and technical education.
3. Contributions: His real name was Abul Kalam Ghulam Muhiyuddin. He started a weekly journal in 1912 in Urdu called Al-Hilal to increase the revolutionary recruits and was awarded India’s highest civilian honour, the Bharat Ratna in 1992. Most of the major cultural and literary academies we have today, including the Sangeet Natak Academy, Lalit Kala Academy, Sahitya Academy as well as the Indian Council for Cultural Relations were established by Azad. The first IIT, IISc, School of Planning and Architecture and the University Grants Commission were established under his tenure.
4. How is it celebrated: The University Grants Commission has asked educational institutions across the country the celebrate the day by organising seminars, symposia, essay writing, elocution competitions, workshops and rallies with banners, cards and slogans. The day aims to spread awareness about the importance of and the nation’s commitment to education.
National Education Day
Why National Education Day is celebrated on Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s birth anniversary?. National Education Day is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of India’s first education minister Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. He was a key educationist who played an important role in developing the education system in independent India.
Ministry of Human Resource Development on September 11, 2008, decided to mark the birth anniversary of Maulana Azad by celebrating National Education Day on November 11, every year. “The Ministry has decided to commemorate the birthday of this great son of India by recalling his contribution to the cause of education in India,” reads the HRD Ministry announcement.
Azad during his tenure in the Education Ministry promoted research in eastern learning and literature and set up the three academies to develop the fine arts. He also started the work on the compilation of technical terms in Hindi on a large scale.
Some of the important boards/commission set up by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad during his tenure are:
- University Grants commission
- All India council for Technical education
- Kharagpur Institute of higher education
- The University education commission
- The Secondary education commission
The first education minister of Independent India, Maulana Abul Kalam also contributed to the establishment of educational institutes like Jamia Millia Islamia and IIT Kharagpur. He strongly advocated education for women and free and compulsory primary education for children up to the age of 14. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad passed away on February 22, 1958.