How to register CBSE Teachers Award, The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has launched an online portal, inviting applications from principals as well as teachers to apply for CBSE Teacher awards 2020. The registration has commenced from June 29, 2018.
The objective of the new online application system is to bring transparency and objectivity in the entire assessment process. The selection of teachers will be made on the basis of their contributions, academic interest, reputation in the community and commitment towards education.
The Central Board of Secondary Education instituted the ‘Teacher Awards’ under the aegis of MHRD in the year 2000 to give public recognition to the meritorious services of outstanding teachers of schools affiliated to it. Since then, these awards are given every year on Teachers’ Day i.e. 5 September. Each award consists of a merit certificate, a shawl and a cash prize of ₹50,000/-.
CBSE Teacher Awards:
The number of awards 48. There are 5 awards for Principals and the rest are for various primary secondary and senior secondary subject teachers. For the first time, 10 awards out of 48 have been earmarked for performing arts, special educators, school counselors, vocational subjects, physical education, and IT teachers also.
The National Level Screening Committee at the CBSE headquarters will make the selection on the basis of:
1. General criteria for all categories of awards, such as academic qualifications, scholarly contributions, functional research, curriculum, community and student development achievements, awards and honors.
2. Specific criteria, which will cover effectiveness as a teacher, remedial teaching, contribution of the teacher thereof
3. Face to face interaction
4. Two videos graphed lessons of 30 minutes each of actual classroom teaching with lesson plans
CSBE Teachers Award 2020Schedule:
The online application submission can be done till July 13, 2020, at the official website, www.cbse.nic.in. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated on July 14 for uploading supporting documents. The entire process will be completed by July 30
a. 29th June to 13th July 2020: Submission of online application
b. 14th July 2018 Intimation to shortlisted applicants for uploading of relevant supporting documents on the portal (The applicants may even check about their status by logging into the portal.)
c. 15th and 16th July 2020: Uploading of supporting documents by the shortlisted applicants on the portal
d. 18th and 19th July 2020: Scrutiny of supporting documents of the shortlisted applicants by the National Level Scrutiny Committee and preparation of category wise merit list
e. 20th July 2020: Invitation to the shortlisted applicants as per the merit list for face to face interactive session with the National Level Screening Committee at CBSE HQ Delhi
f. 25th to 27th July 2020: Face to face interactive session at CBSE HQ, Delhi and preparation of final list of awardees
g. 30th July 2020: Announcement of awards and forwarding of nominations to MHRD for National Teachers Award.
How to register CBSE Teachers Award:
Procedure for Application:
1. Applications for the award would be accepted only through an online web portal. Please click here to register http://cbse.nic.in/newsite/award.html. The last date of submission of the application is 13.07.2020. No other mode of submission of application is allowed.
2. Teachers, Counselors, Special Educators, Trainers and Heads of schools themselves shall apply directly by filling the application form online on or before the prescribed last date.
3. Each applicant shall give an undertaking that all the information/data submitted is true to the best of his/her knowledge. If anything is found to be false at any stage of selection, then he/she will be liable to disciplinary action. Even if the award is conferred, the same will be withdrawn.