Earned Leave Rules – ELs Preservation Guidelines for AP, TS Employees. Commissioner of School Education, Telangana has given instructions for Preservation of Leave as per FR 82 when prevented from availing summer vacation for Election duty/ enumeration census / Training etc., Mission Mode Project in School Education. These orders are issued on January 21, 2020. The CSE Telangana Proceedings Rc.No.03 details as follows.
|Title||Preservation of Leave to TS Employees|
|Category||Earned Leave Rules / Instructions for Preservation of Leave / ELs Preservation Guidelines|
|Subject||CSE Telangana Instructions for Preservation of Leave as per FR 82 when prevented from availing summer vacation for Election duty/ enumeration census / Training etc., Mission Mode Project in School Education|
|Department||School Education Telangana|
|Proceedings Number||Rc.No.03/plg-1/2020 Dated: 21-01-2020|
|Reference||CSE Telangana office proc.Rc.No.362/plg-1/2013, dated. 16.11.2013|
Earned Leave Rules – In continuation, this office proceeding even dated. 16.11.2013 in the reference read above, all the District Educational Officer in the State are informed that the teachers Association are frequently requesting to issue clarification instructions to all the District Educational Officers with regard to Preservation of Earned Leave to teachers and other employees working in schools as all the Deputy Educational Officers and MEOs are not following uniform procedure. Therefore, the instructions are hereby reiterated in connection with prevention from availment of summer vacation and preservation of E.L.
6 ELs: The teaching and non-teaching staff working in the schools / Educational Institutions who have availed the vacation/summer vacation, 6 days of E.L. in two spells i.e. three (3) days from 1 January to 30th June, and three (3) days from 1 July to 31st December in a calendar year may be credited to their leave account as per G.O.Ms.No.317, Education (Ser.V) Dept., dated 15.09.1994.
Prevention may be accorded during vacation including summer vacation as per the need and necessity and exigencies of work viz., examination related work/training etc.
Regarding prevention of the staff to prevent the following staff from the Educational Institutions. (1) Headmaster, (2) Junior Assistant / Record Assistant, and (3) Office subordinate. If there is no Junior Assistant / Record Assistant, Senior most teacher may be prevented from availing of summer vacation, in any case, the prevented staff should not exceed three (3) persons.
Any prevention of teaching / non-teaching staff during the vacation/summer vacation should be by a general or special/specific order of higher authority / competent authority.
Rule 15 under FR 82 is that if a Government servant of the vacation department does duties during vacation and separately remunerated therefore, he should not be considered as having been deprived of vacation. However, the teaching and non-teaching who are prevented from availing vacation/summer vacation for attending the duties such as preparation/revision of electoral rolls, enumeration, census and received remuneration shall not be treated as remuneration in terms of G.O.Ms.No.35, Edn., dated 16.01.1981 and G.O.Ms.No.355, GAD, dated 19.05.1991.
Regarding remuneration paid in connection with attending the examination work viz., spot valuation and instant examinations, receipt of TA and DA during training programmes shall be treated as remuneration and does not come under prevention
The Number of days of prevention/summer vacation shall be considered to have a foregone vacation is the one that actually spent in attending to the duties assigned in terms of G.O.Ms.No.114, Finance, dated 28.04.2005.
In any case, the total number of E.Ls., acquired by virtue of prevention of vacation/summer vacation shall not exceed 30 days (inclusive of 6 days).
Therefore, all the District Educational Officers in the state are requested to take necessary action in the matter. – Commissioner of School Education ELs Proceedings
Earned Leave Rules 8, 10, 17 and 20
• All temporary and permanent employees are eligible for Earned Leave.
• Earned Leave is earned for duty and leave also.
• Leave Rules has been liberalized w.e.f. 01.01.1978.
• Leave will be credited, in advance, in two spells on 1st Jan. and on 1st July every year.
• The credit for all temporary employees is 8 days for calendar half-year.
• The credit for all permanent employees is 15 days for calendar half-year.
• All the permanent employees will earn leave at 2 ½ days for each completed month of service.
• If appointed in the middle of the half-year, credit for the first two months will be one day each, third month two days and so on.
• Completed months are to be considered and a fraction of a month is to be ignored.
• The maximum accumulation of E.L. has been enhanced from 180 to 240 days w.e.f. 31-03-1990.
• The maximum accumulation of E.L. has been further enhanced from 240 to 300 days w.e.f. 16-09-2005 vide G.O.Ms.No:232, Fin. (FR.I) Dept, dated 16.09.2005.
Surrender of Earned Leave:
• Introduced from 13-08-1969.
• An employee who take earned leave for not less than 30 days can surrender E.L to a maximum of 30 days and receive leave salary in lieu of leave so surrendered.
• Leave sanctioning authority is competent to sanction the surrender of E.L.
• Application for surrender of E.L. should accompany the application for grant of leave.
• E.L. surrendered will be debited against the leave account.
• There should be an interval of 24 months between one surrender and another for the surrender of 30 days.
• There should be an interval of 12 months between one surrender and another for the surrender of 15 days
• The total of E.L. availed and E.L. surrendered should not exceed 120 days at any time.
• No deductions will be made in surrender leave salary.
• The cash value of leave surrender shall be the leave salary to which employee is eligible.
• Temporary Government servants are eligible to surrender 15 days of EL after completing 24 months of service
• Retired employees are permitted to encash 240 days of E.L.
• The limit of 240 days has been enhanced to 300 days w.e.f. 16.09.2005.