Rc.362 Instructions on Earned Leave preservation to Teachers, Other Employees working in Schools/ELs Preservation Instructions: Proceedings of the Commissioner and Director Of School Education, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad
Proceedings Rc. No.362 /Et -1/2013; Dated: 16-11-2013
Subject: School Education – Drafting of teaching staff during summer vacation for Election duty/ enumeration census / Training etc., Mission Mode Project in School Education – Orders Issued -Reg.
Instructions on Earned Leave preservation to Teachers:
All the District Educational Officer in the State are informed that the teachers Association are frequently requesting to issue clarificatory instructions to all the District Educational Officers with regard to the preservation of Earned Leave to teachers and other employees working in schools as all the Deputy Educational Officers and MEOs are not following uniform procedure.
Therefore, the instructions are hereby reiterated in connection with prevention from availment of summer vacation and preservation of E.L.
1 The teaching and non-teaching staff working in the schools / Educational Institutions who have availed the vacation / summer vacation, 6 days of E.L. in two spells i.e. three (3) days from 1st January to 3rd June, and three (3) days from 1st July to 31st December in a calendar year may be credited to their leave account as per G.O.Ms.No.317, Education (Ser.V) Dept., dated 15.09.1994.
- Prevention may be accorded during vacation including summer vacation as per the need and necessity and exigencies of work viz., examination related work/training, etc.
- Regarding prevention of the staff to prevent the following staff from the Educational institutions,
(2) Junior Assistant / Record Assistant, and
(3) office subordinate.
If there is no Junior Assistant/ Record Assistant, Senior most teachers may be prevented from availing of summer vacation, in any case, the prevented staff should not exceed three (3) persons.
- Any prevention of teaching / non-teaching staff during the vacation/summer vacation should be by a general or special/specific order of higher authority / competent authority.
- Ruling 15 under FR 82 is that “If a Government servant of the vacation department does duties during vacation and separately remunerated. therefore, he should not be considered as having been deprived of vacation.” However, the teaching and non-teaching who prevent. from availing vacation/summer vacation for attending the duties such as preparation/revision of electoral rolls, enumeration, census and received remuneration shall not be treated as remuneration in terms of G.O.Ms.No.35, Edn., dated 16.01.1981 and G.O.Ms.No.355, GAD, dated 19.05.1991. Therefore, all the District Educational Officer in the state are requested to take necessary action in the matter.
This has the approval of the Commissioner and Director of School Education, Andhra Pradesh Hyderabad.