Telangana Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities and TS Overseas Study Scheme 2022 New Guidelines, GO.24 released for Telangana Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities Pursuing Higher Studies in Foreign Universities. The TS Overseas Education Scheme 2021 Govt Order details as follows.
GO.MS.No.24, Dated: 19-05-2015: Government of Telangana State, Telangana State – Minorities Welfare Department – Introduction of a new scheme of “Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities” for pursuing Higher Studies in Post Graduate Courses in Foreign Universities from the year 2015-16 – Orders – Issued.
GO.24 Telangana Overseas Study Scheme Guidelines: ORDER: The State Government is keenly interested in the social, educational and economic development and welfare of Minorities in the Telangana State and accordingly Government have made substantial allocations for providing Scholarships to Minority Students on a saturation basis and this initiative over the years has encouraged a large number of Minority Students to complete professional Courses and other Graduate Course.
2. There are huge opportunities and challenges in India and abroad in respect of education and jobs and students from the Minority community are often handicapped because of their extreme backwardness and poverty and inability to access the benefit of pursuing education abroad to better their lives.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter, hereby order to introduce a new scheme of “Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities” for the benefit of the students belonging to the Minority community and the following guidelines are issued accordingly.
Guidelines for the Telangana Overseas Study Scheme: Financial Assistance under this Scheme for studies abroad will be sanctioned to 500 minority students/graduates per year to pursue Post Graduate/Doctoral studies abroad subject to the following guidelines:
1. Minority students whose family income is less than Rs. 3.00 lakhs per annum from all sources are eligible. Total income from all sources of the employed candidates or his/her parents/guardians, shall not exceed Rs. 2.00 lakhs per annum.
In the case of employees, salary certificate from the employer is a must. In all cases, the Income Certificate must be obtained through MEE SEVA. A copy of the latest Tax Assessment, as well as the latest monthly salary slip from the employer, is also required to be enclosed with the application.
2. The maximum age under the scheme shall not exceed 30 years as on 1st July of the year of advertisement;
(1) For Post Graduate Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation Degree in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine and Nursing / Social Sciences / Humanities.
(2) For Ph.D. Courses: 60% marks or equivalent grade in P.G. course in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine / Social Sciences / Humanities.
4. One child in a family one-time Award:
Not more than one child of the same parents/guardians will be eligible and to this effect, a self – certification will be required from the candidate. The awardee cannot be considered for the second or subsequent times as the individual can be awarded only once in a lifetime. ¾ Countries eligible under the Scheme: USA, UK, Australia, Canada, and Singapore.
5. Mandatory Requirements:
(i) He/ She should have a valid TOEFL / IELTS & GRE / GMAT;
(ii) He/she should have obtained admission in an accredited Foreign University;
(iii) He/she should possess a valid Passport;
(iv) The candidates are required to make their own efforts in seeking admission in accredited University / Institution abroad;
(v) The selected candidate has to join the concerned university within one year of communication of selection. On the expiry of this specified period of time, the award will be automatically cancelled and come to an end. No request for extension of time for availing the award is permissible under the scheme;
(vi) The candidate shall not change the course of study or research for which the scholarship has been sanctioned;
(vii) It will be the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the appropriate visa for a country wherein one intends to study further under award from the scheme and the Visa issuing authorities may kindly see that only such type of visa be issued which only permits the candidate to pursue specified course abroad and thereafter the candidate returns to India;
(viii) The applications should be complete in all respects and should be accompanied by all relevant documents. The applications, incomplete in any respect, are liable to be rejected.
Procedure for Selection:
(i) The notification shall be published in leading dailies calling for applications and wide publicity will be given in University Campuses and in e-PASS portal in August / September and in January/February of the year;
(ii) All such students desirous of applying for financial assistance for studies abroad shall apply online from 1st August to 30th September and again from 1st January to 28th /29th February of the year;
(iii) 33% of the awards shall be earmarked for Women Candidates (if an adequate number of eligible women candidates are not available then male candidates may be selected against this 33%);
(iv) The registration shall be made under the scheme online;
(v) The student shall submit the following documents:
1. Caste Certificate from Mee Seva;
2. Income Certificate from Mee Seva;
3. Date of Birth Certificate; 9 Aadhaar Card;
4. E-pass ID Number; 9 Residential / Nativity Certificate;
5. Passport copy; 9 Mark sheet from SSC/Inter/Graduate/PG Level;
6. GRE / GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam/test scorecard;
7. TOFEL/IELTS scorecard;
8. Admission offer letter from Foreign University (I-20, letter of Admission or equivalent);
8. Copy of the latest Tax Assessment is to be enclosed;
1. Copy of Bank Pass Book of Nationalised Bank;
2. Photo to be scanned and uploaded;
(vi) Selection Committee:
The Selection shall be conducted by a State Level Screening Committee constituted by Government with the following members.
1. The Bio-data of the candidates who applied online shall be made available to the Committee:
2. Principal / Special Secretary, Minorities Welfare Deptt., Chairman
3. Principal Secretary, S.C.D. Deptt., Member Vice-Chancellor,
4. JNTU Member Commissioner, Technical Education Member
5. Director, Minorities Welfare Member-Convenor
Modified Orders for Overseas Scholarships:
G.O.Ms.No.66. Dated:09.11.2017 – GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA – SCHEDULED CASTE DEVELOPMENT (EDN) DEPARTMENT- SCDD- Education – Certain modifications in the existing financial Assistance Schemes such as “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC & ST Students/ Overseas Study Scheme for MW Students /Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Schemes for BC Students” for pursuing higher studies in foreign countries – Modified Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.36, TW (Edn.2) Dept, Dt:04.06.2013.
2. G.O.Ms.No.54, SW (Edn.2) Dept, Dt:28.06.2013.
3. G.O.Ms.No.7, SCD (Edn) Dept., Dt:29.04.2015.
4. G.O.Ms.No.24, MW (Estt.I) Dept., Dt.19.05.2015.
5. G.O.Ms.No.2, SCD (Edn) Dept., Dt:04.02.2016.
6. G.O.Ms.No.23, BCW (B) Dept, Dt:10.10.2016.
7. U.O.No.2672/MW.Estt.I/A2/2017, Dt:28.07.2017.
In the references 1st to 6th read above, Government of Telangana have issued orders granting the Financial Assistance to the meritorious SC/ST/MW and BC students to enable them to pursue higher studies in Post Graduate /PhD Courses in Foreign Universities subject to the certain eligibility conditions under Overseas Scholarship Schemes such as Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC & ST Students/ Overseas Study Scheme for MW Students /Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Schemes for BC Students.
2. In the reference 7th read above, the Minority Welfare Dept., has informed that a meeting was held on 19.07.2017 under the Chairmanship of Advisor to Government, Minorities Welfare with the Spl.CS/ Prl.Sexy/Secretaries of Welfare departments including concern HODs.Wherein certain changes have been proposed to extend the benefit in large scale under the above-said schemes.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter hereby issue the following orders in partial modification of the orders issued in the reference first to sixth read above:
|Criteria||Add. Common Criteria which is not included in the existing guidelines|
|Countries eligible||USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Germany, New Zealand, Japan, France and South Korea.|
|Income Criteria||Family Income shall be less than Rs.5.00 lakhs per annum from all sources.|
|Listing of Universities||Top Universities in the above said (10) Countries|
|Double P.G.||P.G. will be allowed for P.G. Admission in case of Humanities only.|
|MandatoryRequirements (i)||He/She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS and GRE/GMAT with the following minimum scores.|
1. TOEFL – 60
2. IELTS – 6.0
3. GRE – 260
4. GMAT – 500
|MandatoryRequirements||The Candidate shall not change the University/Course/research topic for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.|
|MandatoryRequirements||10% of overseas scholarships are reserved|
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xi)||The merit list generated with weightage of|
Degree marks – 60%
GRE/GMAT – 20%
IELTS/ TOEFL – 20%
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xii)||The applicants to fill the educational qualification marks with secured marks along with total marks in the online application.|
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xiii)||The applicants will fill the correct details in the online application form, the applicants who give false details, their application will be rejected and action initiated against the individual.|
(i) 5% of the Target for BCs reserved for EBCs.
(ii) For income criteria, the income of the parents+ if an employed student only to be considered not family.
(iii) Relaxation of 60% minimum marks in degree / PG should be considered only, subject to as the candidate gets adequate score in eligibility tests such as GRE / GMAT and IELTS/TOEFL and gets unconditional admission in the abroad Universities / Institutions in case if the registrations are not up to the expected levels within the Budget allocated and to be done only on case to case basis by the Government.
3. The Director, SCDD., TS., Hyd., Deputy Director(PMU), O/o. the Director, SCDD., TS., Hyd., and the Senior Project Manager, CGG, Hyd., are therefore requested take necessary steps to update the epass website to carry out the above changes immediately.
4. The Director, SCDD /Commissioner of Tribal Welfare/Director of B.C. Welfare/ Director of Minorities Welfare TS., Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
5. The above orders will come into force with immediate effect only.
6. This order issued with the concurrence of Finance Department, vide their U.O.No.2802/ 198/ SCSDF/ 2017, dated 28-08-2017
CM Overseas Scholarship amount Enhanced to 20 Lakhs
GO.MS.No.29, Dated:09/08/2016: Govt Of TS- Minorities Welfare Department – CMs Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Pursuing Higher Studies in Post Graduate and Doctoral Courses in Foreign Universities – Enhancement of Scholarship grant from Rs.10.00 to Rs.20.00 Lakhs-Accorded-Orders-Issued.
1) GO.Ms.No.24, M.W.(Estt.I) Dept., dated 19-05-2015.
2) GO.Rt.No.126, M.W.(Estt.I) Dept., dated 17-07-2015.
3) GO.Ms.No.22, S.C.D. (Edn.) Dept., dated 1-06-2016.
ORDER: In the G.Os., 1st & 2nd read above, orders have been issued introducing the “Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities” for pursuing Higher Studies in Post Graduate and Doctoral Courses in Foreign Universities from the year 2015-16, for the benefit of the poor and Meritorious students belonging to Minority Community.
The Scheme is in operation from 2015-16 onwards. 2. In the G.O. 3rd read above, Govt. have enhanced the Scholarship Grant to S.C. Students from Rs.10.00 lakhs to Rs.20.00 Lakhs under “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” Scheme.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter hereby order to enhance the Scholarship Grant amount from Rs.10.00 Lakhs to Rs.20.00 Lakhs (Rupees twenty lakhs only), subject to the usual guidelines issued vide G.Os., 1st & 2nd read above under the “Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities” on par with the SC Students.
4. The Fees shall be payable in two equal instalments as follows:-
1st Instalment An amount of Rs.10.00 Lakhs or the actual fee (whichever is less) shall be payable to the Students upon production of the landing permit/1-94 Card (Immigration Card); 2nd Instalment An amount of Rs.10.00 Lakhs of the actual fee (whichever is less) shall be payable to the Students upon production of the 1st Semester Results.
5. The expenditure shall be debited to the Head of Account
“ 2225 – Welfare of SCs., STs., & OBCs., – 80 – General – 800 – Other Expenditure – G.H.- 11 – State Normal Plan – S.H.-(40) – Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities – 340 – Scholarships & Stipends. 6. These orders will come into force with immediate effect. 7. The Director, Minorities Welfare, Telangana State, Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
(a) Fees: Fees shall be payable in Two instalments as follows:
Instalment-I : An amount of Rs. 10.00 lakhs shall be payable to the students upon production of the landing permit / I-94 Card (Immigration Card);
Instalment-II: An amount of Rs. 10.00 lakhs shall be payable to the students upon production of the 1st Semester results.
(b) Sanction proceedings mentioning that Rs. 20.00 lakhs is sanctioned to the individual towards fees and living expenses by way of a grant subject to his / her joining the course, shall be issued to the candidates selected by the Selection Committee. The sanction proceedings can be made use of by the candidates for obtaining a Visa from the respective Embassy.
(c) Education Loan: The student shall be eligible for an educational loan of Rs. 5.00 lakhs from any Nationalized Bank at prevailing rates of interest;
(d) Earning from Research / Teaching Assistance-ship:
The awardees are permitted to supplement their prescribed allowances by undertaking Research / Teaching Assistantship;
Utilization Certificate shall be obtained from the student with due endorsement of concerned University Authorities for record purpose under the scheme;
4. An amount of Rs. 25.00 Crores has been provided in the B.E. 2014-15 under Head of Account ”2225-80-800-11-SH (40) – 340” towards the scheme of ‘Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities” and the expenditure under this Scheme shall be debited to the following Head of Account:
“2225-Welfare of SCs, STS and OBCs
80 – General
800- Other Expenditure
GH 11 – State Normal Plan
SH (40) – Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities
340 – Scholarships and Stipends
5. This order will come into force with immediate effect.
6. The Director, Minorities Welfare, Telangana, Hyderabad shall take necessary further action accordingly.
7. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (EBS.III) Department vide their U.O. No. 1970/83/A1/EBS.III/15, dated 05.03.2015.
Online applications received in two phases:
First Phase: August/September
Second Phase: January/February
- Submission of online applications: 26-11-2021 to 31-12-2021