Eligibility Criteria for Financial Assistance to Beedi Workers, G.O. Ms.No.38; Dated:07-04-2015: Government of Telangana, Panchayat Raj Rural Development Department, RD – Social Security Pensions – Aasara Pensions – Social Safety Net Strategy – Financial Assistance to Beedi Workers under Aasara Scheme in the Non-SKS P.F. category in the State – Orders – issued.
- G.O.Ms.No.17, PR&RD (RD.I) Dept., dated 05.11.2014 read with G.O.Ms.No.23, PR&RD (RD.I) Dept., dated 25.11.2014.
- Govt. Memo.No.724, PR&RD (RD) Dept., dated:16.02.2015.
- G.O.Ms.No.29, PR&RD (RDI) Dept., dated 11.03.2015.
Government of Telangana have issued orders vide reference 2nd read above, framing certain guidelines for identification of the beneficiary for sanction of Financial Assistance to Beedi Workers under Aasara Scheme who lead a strenuous life and are poorly paid. Subject to conditions to identify & verify as per the guidelines therein.
- In the reference 3rd read above, Government after careful consideration of the poor and distressed conditions of the Beedi workers of poor households and approved a scheme of monthly Financial Assistance eligible Beedi Workers of poor households as a special category under the Aasara Scheme.
- Representations have been received from the District Collectors that traditional Beedi workers with a valid EPF number and registered on or before 28.2.2014 but not registered under the SKS Survey 2014 have been identified in the districts as follows:
Non-SKS P.F. Category
- Adilabad: 8,700
- Karimnagar: 44,482
- Medak: 13,000
- Nizamabad: 48,000
- Warangal: 6,237
Conditions for financial assistance to Beedi Workers:
- Government have examined the above proposal and hereby order that 1,20,419 Beedi workers with valid EPF number registered on or before 28.2.2014 as identified by Collectors as at Para (3) and who are less than 50 years of age be extended financial assistance under Aasara scheme subject to the following conditions:
(a) The Beedi workers shall have a valid EPF number registered on or before 28.2.2014.
(b) The Beedi workers with EPF No. shall be less than 50 years of age.
(c) Only one person per one household shall be sanctioned with financial assistance under Aasara Scheme under Beedi Worker category regardless of the number of beedi workers in the household/ family. Eligibility Criteria for Financial Assistance to Beedi Workers
(d) Beedi worker herself /himself or any of the family members shall not be in receipt of an Aasara Pension under Old Age/ Widow/Handicapped/Weaver /Toddy Tapper category.
(e) Beedi workers herself/himself or one of the family members covered under EPF pension shall not be eligible for sanction of financial assistance under Aasara Scheme.
- The financial assistance shall cease upon achieving the age of 50 years as the EPF Pensions will be paid to the individual under the scheme.
- The financial assistance to Beedi workers therefore identified shall be paid an amount of Rs.1000/- per month.
- This order issues with concurrence of the Finance Department vide their UO.No.326/PFS/2015, dated: 02.4.2015.